MMA Thread

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Mrs Bandwagon wanted to watch Nunes kick the shit out of Rousey, so we watched UFC207 main card tonight. That Cody Garbrandt v D Cruz fight was fucking crazy. I looked up his recent fights and he lost the next 3. Wtf happened to that guy after Cruz?

Goatface

Not that anyone in this thread cares anymore, but a spoiler line is in here

i do not understand

=
Khabib gave an interview saying he expects winner of conor/dustin to be champ* but he does have plans to met with dana soon, but doesn't think he will change his mind.
*his manager made a statement that Khabib meant winner will one day be champ, not the fight should be a title fight

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Mrs Bandwagon wanted to watch Nunes kick the shit out of Rousey, so we watched UFC207 main card tonight. That Cody Garbrandt v D Cruz fight was fucking crazy. I looked up his recent fights and he lost the next 3. Wtf happened to that guy after Cruz?
you have to know that urijah faber started alpha male in the wec days, and it was basically all of team alpha male vs. dominic cruz, with that it means that dom has beaten all of alpha male, an entire mma team that has lost to one man.

but that also means that entire team has had the most collective hours to gameplan dom, and thats what they did.

the entire gym just trained cody to be anti-dom, and while that won him the title, his style became too limited

pretty much just like when the whole of winkle/jon gameplan'd for holly to beat rhonda, she won but is stuck in the rut of being too one dimensionala

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
pretty much just like when the whole of winkle/jon gameplan'd for holly to beat rhonda, she won but is stuck in the rut of being too one dimensionala
Holm's issue is probably more her pre-MMA background though. She spent a decade competing in kickboxing and boxing. Even though she was training MMA during that period, her focus was striking, and now it really shows.

Goatface

1609273891664.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I wouldn't be thinking of it as a fight but as an exhibition worth watching unlike that tyson BS. Who else would Khabib fight that would be worth watching?

• 1Dislike

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Animosity Animosity why'd you picard me, LOL? You knew Bones was pissed about Khabib being called the undisputed GOAT not long ago, right? He was salty for weeks. He's probably still salty

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I wouldn't be thinking of it as a fight but as an exhibition worth watching unlike that tyson BS. Who else would Khabib fight that would be worth watching?
it's sad but this is true

now that tferg self wash up'd himself w/ his stupid fight decisions.

gsp is the best candidate to make khabib fight for 30

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hey Im a big Jones fan, but the guy has been suspended for years and keeps getting popped for PEDs. But really with Jones, Khabib, Adasanya, theres a lot of really good top talent. Even Miocic gets no respect for what hes done as a heavy weight.

• 2Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I was just making a joke about JJ, and his insecurity (especially when it comes to 'greatest' fighters and/or GOAT status). It wasn't a jab at you.

We'll see how Jones does when he fights next. I'm not so sure. Maybe he'll look better than he has recently. I saw his camp talking about his 'fight IQ' and I kind of cringed. Sounds to me like it's going to be more 'fighting to not lose' instead of 'fighting to win', but we'll see.

• 2Like

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
There is nothing more I would like to see than JJ moving up to fight Stipe and getting fucking worked. Which is exactly what would happen

That being said, I do not like the idea of UFC putting Stipe vs Francis over and over until Francis gets lucky.

Stipe goat

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like