MMA Thread

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
denzel washington cringe GIF

Mother of God.... there is gonna be a death in that ring/cage.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

i think this is the first time embedded did a segment on someone from the prelims

so sad to see cruz so low

Goatface

UFC 269 fight card, odds​

• Dustin Poirier -160 vs. Charles Oliveira (c) +135, lightweight championship
  • Amanda Nunes (c) -800 vs. Julianna Pena +550, women's bantamweight championship
  • Geoff Neal -110 vs. Santiao Ponzinibbio -110, welterweight
  • Cody Garbrandt -140 vs. Kai Kara-France +120, flyweight
  • Sean O'Malley -310 vs. Raulian Paiva +260, bantamweight

• Josh Emmett -170 vs. Dan Ige +145, featherweight
  • Dominick Cruz -110 vs. Pedro Munhoz -110, bantamweight
  • Augusto Sakai -110 vs. Tai Tuivasa -110, heavyweight
  • Bruno Silva -360 vs. Jordan Wright +280, middleweight

• Andre Muniz -155 vs. Eryk Anders +130, middleweight
  • Miranda Maverick -150 vs. Erin Blanchfield +125, women's flyweight
  • Alex Perez -330 vs. Matt Schnell +260, flyweight
  • Ryan Hall -220 vs. Darrick Minner +180, featherweight
  • Randy Costa -200 vs. Tony Kelley+170, bantamweight
  • Gillian Robertson -400 vs. Priscila Cachoeira +310, women's flyweight

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

UFC 269 fight card, odds​

• Dustin Poirier -160 vs. Charles Oliveira (c) +135, lightweight championship
  • Amanda Nunes (c) -800 vs. Julianna Pena +550, women's bantamweight championship
  • Geoff Neal -110 vs. Santiao Ponzinibbio -110, welterweight
  • Cody Garbrandt -140 vs. Kai Kara-France +120, flyweight
  • Sean O'Malley -310 vs. Raulian Paiva +260, bantamweight

• Josh Emmett -170 vs. Dan Ige +145, featherweight
  • Dominick Cruz -110 vs. Pedro Munhoz -110, bantamweight
  • Augusto Sakai -110 vs. Tai Tuivasa -110, heavyweight
  • Bruno Silva -360 vs. Jordan Wright +280, middleweight

• Andre Muniz -155 vs. Eryk Anders +130, middleweight
  • Miranda Maverick -150 vs. Erin Blanchfield +125, women's flyweight
  • Alex Perez -330 vs. Matt Schnell +260, flyweight
  • Ryan Hall -220 vs. Darrick Minner +180, featherweight
  • Randy Costa -200 vs. Tony Kelley+170, bantamweight
  • Gillian Robertson -400 vs. Priscila Cachoeira +310, women's flyweight
Holy fuck, Diamond is the favorite? Do Bronx is getting no respect! Dustin is going to tapity tap tap.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Julianna Pena is the girl that got her ACL, MCL, LCL, meniscus and hamstring blown out by some fucking tuff guy in the gym that wanted to beat up a UFC girl.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Julianna Pena is the girl that got her ACL, MCL, LCL, meniscus and hamstring blown out by some fucking tuff guy in the gym that wanted to beat up a UFC girl.
I beat up a 12 year old Mexican kid when I joined a boxing gym at 20. Because I was brand new and everyone scared me by convincing me I was going to get knocked out by a 12 year old. Not proud of it, just sayin...

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I beat up a 12 year old Mexican kid when I joined a boxing gym at 20. Because I was brand new and everyone scared me by convincing me I was going to get knocked out by a 12 year old. Not proud of it, just sayin...
Fuck Pedro! Kid probably deserved the 'ole rope a dope.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
As the owner of several major grappling-induced knee injuries, I was curious about this story. I don't care how skilled or tough you are, it's possible for anyone to put you in a bad spot, especially with a big weight disparity, and you always have to look out for your health first. Sounds like both parties were being fuckwits.

bleacherreport.com/articles/2014961-ufcs-julianna-pena-opens-up-about-how-her-knee-got-destroyed-audio

Edit: Board is stupid and refuses to post this as a normal link.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
As the owner of several major grappling-induced knee injuries, I was curious about this story. I don't care how skilled or tough you are, it's possible for anyone to put you in a bad spot, especially with a big weight disparity, and you always have to look out for your health first. Sounds like both parties were being fuckwits.

bleacherreport.com/articles/2014961-ufcs-julianna-pena-opens-up-about-how-her-knee-got-destroyed-audio

there is no shame when el guapo taps

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol @ the guy who comes in like Johnny on the spot with the cold spray can, LOL. its like his corner anticipated him getting his shit wrecked?

and lmao at that sub. He just spin out of guard into a reverse sit and just yanked his fucking leg back hahaha wow. Such a crude method, he mine as well hit him with a figure 4 or a boston crab.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

because bleachrreport is not a normal paper. these guys were a joke when they got started and only posted shock clickbait.

things changed over the years, but i doubt it qualifies as normal even today.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
because bleachrreport is not a normal paper. these guys were a joke when they got started and only posted shock clickbait.

things changed over the years, but i doubt it qualifies as normal even today.

Well regardless, it's a direct quote from the athlete in question.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How the fuck Tyron Woodley has taken his boring ass from irrelevant-UFC-champ to one of the biggest draws in boxing is pretty baffling. No has ever or will ever care about that boring ass bum. He should be the one paying Jake Paul to stay in the spotlight for another minute.

Jozu

He really couldnt get ANYONE else? Why fight this fucking guy again? Stupid move if he wins who cares n if he loses its over for him. No risk no reward.

Jozu

But Kirun dont you think he could of made similar money if he simply fought another name that is at least equally respectable and has some kind of cache? I dont understand who wants to see this fight. I wanted to see him against Tommy Fury, he was at least challenging a real boxer.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
But Kirun dont you think he could of made similar money if he simply fought another name that is at least equally respectable and has some kind of cache? I dont understand who wants to see this fight. I wanted to see him against Tommy Fury, he was at least challenging a real boxer.
I have to imagine he took the fight precisely because that's where the most money was.