MMA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So yeah, Im riding with the Diamond. The guy has paid the cost to be the boss, and when he walks out to that tune tomorrow night, he will be prepared to put on the performance of a lifetime.

Do Bronx is S tier, a true master of combat. I love the guy and if he wins fair play. But Dustin is just too fucking smooth, too strong and too intelligent to lose this fight. He is the bigger man, he is the more powerful fighter, and he is the more durable fighter.

This video is a fantastic example of exactly WHY he has been so successful in the stand up game during his hall of fame run over the last 4 years.

diamond will lose if he decides to panic wrestle,

he's only been subbed twice by khabib and zombie

on a rematch diamond would handily win against zombie, he's lost too much of his kimchi

he'd get sub'd by khabib again 100x over, and in lw, olivera has the best ground game

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was at Woodley v Thompson #2. The boo's were deafening and there was almost a riot in T-Mobile because they just refused to engage and fight for 25 minutes. Absolutely one of the biggest embarrassments in UFC history, given that it was a title fight.

That card was also fucked because Kabib pulled out of the T-Furg match the day before because he was too fat from eating Tiramisu. People come into the arena angry, then Woodley/Thompson pulled their bullshit to close the night out. It was an ugly scene.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Was reading about Bas Ruttens career yesterday, and was blown away by his determination. Lanx posted the vid of him tapping in his 3rd pro fight, which actually lead to a lifelong pursuit to learn how to defend agaisnt and utilize submissions.

Except instead of hitting up a BJJ gym and doing it the way everyone else would, El Guapo decided to do things his own way. His ground game and submission skills are basically self taught. He isnt a BJJ blackbelt, but learned catch wrestling instead from watching Japanese practioners in Pride.

That and some mat time with Chris Doleman, along with him being a fucking assassin (brute stregnth and has the biggest fucking hands I ever seen) lead to him finishing his career with 22 straight wins (one draw). He finished more guys via submission than knockout, and after losing to Shamrock (Frank) a few fights after his initial sub loss, he never was submitted again.

So he basically taught himself how to survive in modern MMA on the ground without much of any real BJJ. Incredible.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Bas has his fights up on YouTube. They are a very good watch. He does narration which makes watching them something worth doing.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Was reading about Bas Ruttens career yesterday, and was blown away by his determination. Lanx posted the vid of him tapping in his 3rd pro fight, which actually lead to a lifelong pursuit to learn how to defend agaisnt and utilize submissions.

Except instead of hitting up a BJJ gym and doing it the way everyone else would, El Guapo decided to do things his own way. His ground game and submission skills are basically self taught. He isnt a BJJ blackbelt, but learned catch wrestling instead from watching Japanese practioners in Pride.

That and some mat time with Chris Doleman, along with him being a fucking assassin (brute stregnth and has the biggest fucking hands I ever seen) lead to him finishing his career with 22 straight wins (one draw). He finished more guys via submission than knockout, and after losing to Shamrock (Frank) a few fights after his initial sub loss, he never was submitted again.

So he basically taught himself how to survive in modern MMA on the ground without much of any real BJJ. Incredible.
bas loss to the explosive ken too, not the retard slow ken that kept on losing to tito 3x in a row

Goatface

looks like almost main event card made weight, Matt Schnell (prelim fighter) appears to had an medical emergency after weighing in.
==

Bas has a lot of great stuff out, some of his stories kill me

==

Jordan Nash suffers gruesome eye injury at BKFC Fight Night: Tampa
hard to tell, but comments think the eyelid is almost completely detached
FGNhB7sXEAA2ZQ-.png

Jozu

It might of been Ken Shamrock he lost to. I think he lost to him twice, one time was bullshit though because he didnt get penalized for grabbing the rope for a sub escape.

It wasnt the wrestler, it was the other one.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It might of been Ken Shamrock he lost to. I think he lost to him twice, one time was bullshit though because he didnt get penalized for grabbing the rope for a sub escape.

It wasnt the wrestler, it was the other one.
he lost to both shamrock (not)bros

Jozu

So apparently Tyron Woodley made almost 8 million $ for the first Jake Paul fight....

What the fuck.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
If Dustin P wins UFC 269, Lanx Lanx has to wear the Mickey Wooney avatar until UFC 270

If Charles O wins UFC 269, I have to wear an avatar of Lanx's wife's tits until UFC 270 (He'll PM the pic to me after 269)
Hey Lanx Lanx - I don't think we're going to need it, but make sure you've got that titty pic on standby just in case.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So apparently Tyron Woodley made almost 8 million $ for the first Jake Paul fight....

What the fuck.

ye that should motivate em to throw hands.

if anything its just more to take another dive. 500k aint shit