MMA Thread

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I dunno, looks like a tap to me which to me explains why GSP released it right after. -shrug-

I mean I'm in the camp that JH totally dominated GSP and should have the belt right now, but only if you discount the fact that to me at least, he tapped.

I did laugh when JH said he was using about 70% of his power and it was enough to get the job done and Dana pipped in that clearly it wasn't because he didn't win.

Sucks JH got screwed the way he did.
frown.png

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I think it's fair to say that he was getting prepared to tap but never actually did it. His beard might have saved him.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I did laugh when JH said he was using about 70% of his power and it was enough to get the job done and Dana pipped in that clearly it wasn't because he didn't win.

Sucks JH got screwed the way he did.
frown.png
Hard to take the belt from a champ like GSP when you don't give it your all.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
GSP once said here on french TV after is last fight that he is the kind of guy that bruise easily. It's a big flaw when your job is to fight in a ring. TBH he took a lot more hit than I expected him to take.

To me it look like a tapped out mixed with some weird reaction from GSP.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Why is no one upset that it seems pretty obvious that JH tapped out in that fight?
He didn't tap. That guillotine wasn't remotely tight. GSP was far too elevated and you simply can't generate the leverage to finish the choke at that angle. Hendricks was trying to use his right hand to post off GSP's hip and prevent him from achieving the proper body alignment. GSP's hips were higher than JH expected and he had to swim under the leg. If you watch the replay, GSP knows the choke isn't there, which is why he releases it even before JH gets his hand in the right place to defend.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I won't lie, I thought I saw that happen during the fight and figured it was just a weird angle. The gif seems to show it as well that he was going to tap maybe, I dunno. Seems like the hold wasn't on there long enough for him to actually tap, unless he somehow freaked out. I am guessing it was just some weird movement of his hand maybe. Dunno
it sure looked like he panicked almost pulled the gun and tapped, but thought about it for a second and pulled away, idk tuco!

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
He didn't tap. That guillotine wasn't remotely tight. GSP was far too elevated and you simply can't generate the leverage to finish the choke at that angle. Hendricks was trying to use his right hand to post off GSP's hip and prevent him from achieving the proper body alignment. GSP's hips were higher than JH expected and he had to swim under the leg. If you watch the replay, GSP knows the choke isn't there, which is why he releases it even before JH gets his hand in the right place to defend.
Nah.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
This whole thing is really upsetting. This was Hendricks shot to take the belt and it was taken from him. Not only that but having a immediate rematch is huge in GSP's favor. He has a better strategic camp and now that they know Johnny wont gas they are more free to game plan for the second fight.

They had one chance to shake up the welterweight division and now its gone. Everyone lost on Saturday.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I've seen people talk shit about this 70% shit and I don't get it. It was his first 5 round title fight against a guy with great cardio who usually fights strong for five rounds. The only way he'd remain competitive in the 4th and 5th round is if he went ~70% and didn't gas himself. I do think he could have pressed a bit more in the 5th round, but his level of effort in the 1st->4th rounds was perfect for his level of cardio and how much weight he cut.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
GSP once said here on french TV after is last fight that he is the kind of guy that bruise easily. It's a big flaw when your job is to fight in a ring. TBH he took a lot more hit than I expected him to take.

To me it look like a tapped out mixed with some weird reaction from GSP.
If you recall the fight with BJ Penn, BJ looked fine despite giving up and GSP looked as if... he'd been hit repeatedly in the face
wink.png

Nutron_sl

shitlord
Looking at metrics only, you cant really argue about GSP winning it since h'es the champ. Problem is that Hendricks did way more damage to GSP than the other way around... On pure merit it should've went to JH, on pure stats in a championship match, I'm ok with GSP..

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
That's not a tap. Look at his elbow; he's pushing it against the top of GSP's thigh which makes his hand look like it's wiggling a little bit. Also, why would he tap the moment GSP pulled out the arm?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I've seen people talk shit about this 70% shit and I don't get it. It was his first 5 round title fight against a guy with great cardio who usually fights strong for five rounds. The only way he'd remain competitive in the 4th and 5th round is if he went ~70% and didn't gas himself. I do think he could have pressed a bit more in the 5th round, but his level of effort in the 1st->4th rounds was perfect for his level of cardio and how much weight he cut.
I wasn't talking shit, I just laughed when Dana pipped up with it and JH was speechless for like 10 seconds.