MMA Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fight was pretty lame. Except for a couple takedowns Cormier just rode Dan. Cormier might be the best wrestler at LHW but it just wasn't as technically impressive because of the size difference between the two.
I was pretty GD impressed by DC technically. I mean, clearly he was physically dominant, but he was in perfect position to negate every single escape Hendo tried. He was jumping positions and changing grips to perfectly neutralize Hendo. All while still trying to throw heavy shots.

And am I crazy or did his body just look physically way better acclimated to 205 than last fight? Against Cummins he still had a bit of that gut from HW and was sort of flabby, against Hendo he looked like a dude who has been fighting at 205 for ever.

I loved Hendo in the post-fight interview, "He was just really heavy on top of me....maybe I shouldn't have given him that chicken."

Dillashaw was awesome and entertaining, but man did Joe's dicksucking get annoying.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah someone needs to tell Joe to stop doing that.

I agree about DC. Technically he looked great. Its just muted by the fact he had some 30 lbs over hendo. Thats not dcs fault though.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
isl-gif.gif

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know what I just saw, but I watched it on a 5 minute loop and laughed my ass off. Poor Rashad, lol.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The announcement made my day. I would be happy to pay $60 for the event, but it appears it will be a free one on Fox.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It makes me kind of sad because I love Matt Brown, but Robbie Lawler is a terrifying monster right now. When he gets hit and laughs, or when Jake dragged him to the ground a couple times and he thought it was hilarious...that's some movie villain shit.

1.gif

Look at that motherfucker.

Best fight ever, can't wait. Also the winner gets a title shot. Dana finally figured out a way to slow down the Immortal Train I think.

Fox card 12 so far.

Robbie Lawler vs. Matt Brown
Anthony Johnson vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Michael Johnson vs. Josh Thomson
Daron Cruickshank vs. Jorge Masvidal
Dennis Bermudez vs. Clay Guida
Noad Lahat vs. Steven Siler
Kyle Kingsbury vs. opponent TBA

That shit is stacked.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Based on his last fight, do we really see Anthony Johnson doing anything other than absolutely destroying Little Nog?

Johnson vs. Thomson has some serious potential in it as well.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Based on his last fight, do we really see Anthony Johnson doing anything other than absolutely destroying Little Nog?
Nope. Nog is way too slow. It's the 205 version of Nelson vs. Big Nog. Except the Nog in this case isn't quite as slow while the Nelson in this case is about 5 times faster. It's going to be really ugly and I'll be watching it through my fingers.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Lil Nog has become the Matyusenko of late...he always gets the stiffer competition that no one sees him beating. After Johnson's last outing, I definitely don't see Lil Nog taking that one. I have been out of the game for a little while and not watching anywhere near as much MMA as I was say 6 months ago, but I really can't remember the last time Lil Nog actually won a fight. Perhaps it's worth a google, but I don't even feel up for it.

The Johnson vs. Thomson fight is a good one...I've been a fan of Thomson since he entered the UFC and fucked that one dude up with an amazing half sweet chin music kind of kick and then lost his next fight iirc. I really wish her and Conor McGregor were in the same weight class. Those two are so good at standing it would probably just be boring though.

Edit: And props to Grimm posting that gif...can't wait for that fight with Matt Brown and as hard as it is to bet against Brown I gotta go with Lawler in that one. Dude is, as Grimm put it, a monster. Johnny best to not stay idle too long and prepare for another war.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Definitely not interested in AJ vs Lil Nog. Would love to see AJ vs Cormier but that match up is about a year too early I think.

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
Lawler/Brown is awesome but I would have loved Diaz/Lawler 2 Or Diaz/Brown. Hopefully this doesn't do what some great striking matches do and turn into a shit fest.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll take a fight between two relevant contenders who actually still fight over a half-retired excuse-machine. Honestly I'd rather not hear another word about Diaz until a fight is scheduled. His only win since he came back was over an out of shape unmotivated BJ Penn. 3 years ago. Fuck him unless he actually starts fighting again. Same for his brother.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I'll take a fight between two relevant contenders who actually still fight over a half-retired excuse-machine. Honestly I'd rather not hear another word about Diaz until a fight is scheduled. His only win since he came back was over an out of shape unmotivated BJ Penn. 3 years ago. Fuck him unless he actually starts fighting again. Same for his brother.
Yeah, I gotta agree. The Diaz brothers seem to be such wasted talent at this point. They are so hyper focused on how the world has done them wrong, and what they "deserve", that they are absolutely wasting their formidable fighting years. It is really unfortunate. Can you imagine how fun it would have been to watch a motivated Nick Diaz over the past few years into the next 5 or so? Oh well.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On paper, this might be my favorite card of the year. Root for Brown, bet on Lawler. Win/Win.