MMA Thread

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
For those at home, the Berlin prelims are starting any minute now, and the Brazil TUF Finale is later tonight.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Stream

StreamKING
FirstRow Live Football Stream | Watch Live Football Online | Live Soccer Stream
FirstRow Live Football Stream | Watch Live Football Online | Live Soccer Stream

Touching gloves is for chumps.

WarlikeEssentialBlackandtancoonhound.gif

BTW peep all those sponsors on that mat. Dana tweeted they accidentally sent the mat for it to Brazil and had to use the back up.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dollaway has made a conscious effort to be more exciting. He said about his last contract negotiation

"In my last contract negotiation, Joe . (asked), 'Who have you beat?,'" he said. "But, it's reality. He goes, 'I need people to fight my champions. I need contenders. You're not a contender yet. Become a contender. Become exciting.'"
UFN 41 co-headliner C.B. Dollaway: | MMAjunkie

I was actually pulling for him based largely on that article. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders. It's unfortunate that head is attached to that face, but you can't blame him for having such a horrible face.

Goatface

as the ufc turns......

Proposed Chael Sonnen vs. Vitor Belfort would be at middleweight; Wanderlei Silva not released by UFC
If Chael Sonnen fights Vitor Belfort on July 5, it will be a middleweight fight after all.

UFC president Dana White confirmed to MMAFighting.com on Friday that the proposed fight would be contested at 185 pounds, not 205, which is what Sonnen originally stated on Wednesday's episode of "UFC Tonight." Sonnen also said that a win over Belfort would make him the No. 1 contender in the middleweight division, however, when White was asked whether that title was on the line for both men, White wrote back via test message, "for Vitor it is."
----
When asked about it, Chael said his contract is for 205, and is currently at 236lbs, and he would have to cut 51 pounds in little over a month
----
Wanderlei said it was all just a mess. Someone showed up at his gym with papers in English for him to sign. he needed his lawyer to look at them, but had to travel and planed to submit to testing a full month before the fight as he normal would.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Between Vitor, Wand, Chael and Dana it's trolls trolling trolls. Or rather, businessmen using media and fans to improve their position.

My guess Wand tried to delay licensing and testing as long as possible (To cycle off whatever he's taking) and misunderstood the rules and ran away from a test. Better to blame that on a misunderstanding than piss hot. Chael could probably cut weight via losing an arm and fight Vitor and it'd be a better fight than him vs Wand, so I don't really mind.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Dana White on Jon Jones not signing Gustafsson rematch agreement: - Bloody Elbow

I can already hear the cries of Jones is ducking Gustafsson starting to roll in because of this. I really want to give Jones the benefit of the doubt in this though, because it isn't like he hasn't already fought the best of the best at LHW, including Gustafsson. If it were to go down this way, and he fights Cormier instead (and lets just assume for a minute he wins), there is no way he can avoid fighting Gustafsson next. I remember reading a statement from Jones at one point which basically said both him and Gustafsson are young and have plenty of time to cross each others paths in the next several years.

I personally don't think he is afraid of Gustafsson, or any fighter for that matter. However, I do believe he sees Cormier as an easier win just due to his massive reach advantage and what appears to be a favorable match up in that fight. That is total speculation on my part. In the end he is going to have to fight Gufstaffson again, there is no avoiding it. So if it is delayed by one more fight, I just don't see a huge issue with it, especially since Cormier has a ton of hype and momentum behind him right now.

Goatface

Alexander Gustafsson from Facebook today
"Jon "Bones" Jones, be a man, be a champ and sign that bout agreement and stop running. Keep in mind that after I beat you and become the champ I might be doing the same to you when you chase me for a rematch, as a revenge for not accepting my challenge.
Sooner or later you will have to face me, just make it sooner!
The fans wants this fight, UFC wants this fight and I want this fight, and I damn deserve it."

UFC 175 poster, first one i liked in a while
spoiler'd for size
VHoOeYt.jpg

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is mostly the usual Zuffa posturing bullshit. They're trying to make Jones look bad publicly because he's on his last contracted fight, meaning it's time to negotiate a new contract. Dana and co are in full on devalue mode with him right now. And JJ is in a pretty strong position to sign a game-changing deal, between being essentially an undefeated champion in their marquee division who has sort of cleaned it out and the way Melendez managed to back down Zuffa for a big contract he feels like he can really get something big out of them. So in part I think he's really just stalling to put Zuffa in a bad position.

Now, obviously, Zuffa brass do not want him setting any kind of precedent. And despite the fact he's crazy entertaining he hasn't been the PPV draw that guys like GSP or Anderson Silva were. So it's a weird situation. He is sort of actively ducking Gus and Cormier, but it doesn't really have anything to do with in-ring things. It sucks for them, but for him it's the smart move. Beating either of them pretty much leaves him exactly where he is right now. He's already beaten everyone and there will always be someone new they can point at. And if he loses he damages his negotiating position significantly.

Think about what he's done. Before him no one defended the LHW belt more than once in like 6 years or some shit. He has defended it 7 times against everyone they could throw at him. And right now they have a full on campaign to make him look like a coward and a chump. With 2 contenders chiming in(probably with some prodding from Dana and Co.) to add legitimacy to the claims.

Anyways, that's my take on what's actually happening. A bunch of posturing. I think we'll see an announcement of the Gus fight the same day a new contract is announced.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
In that article (or maybe a different one) Dana states that Jones has 5 fights left on his contract. So not all of that theory really adds up about the UFC attempting to make making Jones look bad

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In that article (or maybe a different one) Dana states that Jones has 5 fights left on his contract. So not all of that theory really adds up about the UFC attempting to make making Jones look bad
Like I said, it's weird. 6 days ago Dana supposedly said JJ needs to sign a new contract before he can even agree to fight Gus. Yesterday Dana says there's 5 fights left on his contract

"Just to clear up a couple things, people think we're in contract negotiations with Jon Jones - we're not," White told UFC.com. "Jon Jones still has five fights left on his contract. So what we're doing right now is trying to get him to sign the bout agreement for Gustafsson. He doesn't want to fight Gustafsson. "

I think Dana is pulling some numbers out of his ass there and talking about the Champion's Clause they have. Except that is 3 fights/1 year after last contracted fight so even that would only get to 4. Though even if there are fights still on the contract JJ and his agent(Ari Emmanuel) are trying to renegotiate for a better deal.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, the more I think about it I find this to be really shitty, but not at all surprising, by Dana. He is trying to play the media and fans against Jones, and it really is unfair. He isn't asking for a can in place of Gustaffson, but for a legitimate contender to the belt. I typically hate the type of behavior from fighters that Jones is exhibiting right now, but he is actually correct here. It is his career, he already beat Gustaffson once, and Cormier is not easy out. And again, if he beats Cormier there is no way he can possibly avoid a rematch with Gustaffson at that point.

I dunno, I really hope this all backfires on Dana and the UFC and they don't get their way by just trying to bully people around.