MMA Thread

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
The big difference is that Gus already had his title shot and it was an incredible fight that will show up on top fight lists for a long ass time to come.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Oh shit. Vitor got licensed and is on the UFC 181 card on December 6th as well. So he will be fighting in Las Vegas, good stuff!

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh shit. Vitor got licensed and is on the UFC 181 card on December 6th as well. So he will be fighting in Las Vegas, good stuff!
10515251_10152553344586203_4295173514398355183_o.png

From Roy Nelson's FB.

"One thing I confirmed today in Major sports is IT PAYS TO CHEAT and Cheat and Cheat - Look at our buddy Lance and all the others. $$$$ love the game hate the player"

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jack Slack + Matt Brown =
132195192044.gif

Jack Slack: Matt Browns Rebirth | FIGHTLAND

The Silva gif reminds me: 2 years back or so on FoH I was asking about Semmy Schilt and his body kicks where he digs the toes in and why MMA people don't use the technique. Some resident striking "expert" explained to me that no one in their right mind intentionally does that with the toes. I was talked down to for my lack of knowledge. Now look at all the motherfuckers wrecking guts with their toes lately and how much it gets talked about.

Basically I don't remember who it was, but fuck you.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I'll give a shit when he's in the cage and not a second before.

Double for his retarded puppy...err brother.
Yes and yes. You know with this, the announcement of Nate signing a fight is now imminent. Maybe those two jackasses can now stay focused on simply fighting and working their way up instead of bitching about pay. I'm not holding my breath though.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only thing I'm curious about is if they'll match Nick up with a nightmare for him(any wrestler who won't just walk in to his firsts until he falls over) or if they believe in his selling power enough to feed him a few cupcakes to try to build him up to contender status again. It's not like they have another BJ Penn they can sacrifice to make him a fake challenger again.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I doubt they are going to give him anyone that isn't going to simply stand there and throw blows with him. They want to make as much money off him as possible, I am sure.

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
Apparently there was some miscommunication from the athletic commission and Matt won't be fined and is still eligible for fight bonuses.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I'm actually surprised that he was over the limit, despite the communication issues. I guess I just assumed that he didn't even have to cut much weight.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I'm actually surprised that he was over the limit, despite the communication issues. I guess I just assumed that he didn't even have to cut much weight.
Same, he isn't a giant welter like Hendricks/Rory/Lawler, if anything he is kinda lean/lanky. Go figure.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He actually trains with some world class power lifting coaches at their gym. He doesn't look huge but he's carrying a lot of muscle. I guess he's just an ectomorph like Jones or Silva as opposed to someone like Gleison Tibau who is a classic mesomorph.

edit: Also apparently it wasn't really a miscommunication. The commission follows what the doctor advises and he didn't want Brown trying to lose the extra 1.5lbs in an hour so they didn't let him try.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was expecting Joe to climb in the cage and just start blowing Pat Cummins during that fight. It would have been less obscene than the 15 minute verbal blowjob he gave him.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, he definitely wasn't shy about his love for Cummins during that fight.

Sorta surprised by the 30-24 scorecard. I mean yeah, he beat him up pretty good, but I don't think it was that bad.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I'm stuck in the barracks with no TV...is it best to just stream from the usual streaming sites or is there an HD link for Fox? A little intoxicated and my search isn't going so well.

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
Joe complaining about Cummins not going balls out to finish was a little awkward. He was always pushing forward so it wasn't like he took a round off. Also Kingsbury retired after that fight.