MMA Thread

Goatface

Jon Jones doping case: What we know so far

Jones said he's already having products he ingested tested, presumably for substances that were not on the label. If he can prove to USADA that the drugs he popped for are from a tainted supplement, Jones could get a six-month suspension, much like Yoel Romero and Tim Means, who were in a similar situation. If Jones can't, he could be facing a two-year ban from USADA.

Jones has good legal representation: leading athlete lawyer Howard Jacobs, who has served as counsel for the the likes of Marion Jones, Diana Taurasi and Floyd Landis. He was called "drug-testing's version of Johnnie Cochran" in a 2006 USA Today profile.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Apparently Brock's hot test is stemming from his asthma medication. I wouldn't put it past it being this. Dude knew for months ahead of coming back. There was abusively no upside of him juicing up leading up to the fight. People can talk mad shit about WWE, but one thing with Vince now ( ya I am sure he is juiced to the gills) is that come down on everyone for the roids now. After all that shit went to trial, his wife running for office, and WWE being a public trading company they have to come down on them. Maybe Brock just doesn't give a fuck, but him popping hot WILL affect his WWE situation if it is roids. Or he has enough money and doesn't give a fuck.
thats a bullshit sherdog theory.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Always like listening to Big John. Starts dropping some knowledge on MMA scoring around 37 minute mark.

thefaceless

Golden Squire
Everybody juices. The good ones just don't get caught. I'm sure there's a few special cases that are legit, but the money is just too good you have to take whatever edge you can get.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
I understand getting caught in MMA but a little lost why would anyone care about taking anything in a non sport?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I understand getting caught in MMA but a little lost why would anyone care about taking anything in a non sport?
It has its roots in a giant scandal from the early 90s because Vince had a doctor who was handing the shit out like candy without even pretending to write prescriptions, and that's still the general issue with steroid abuse today. Also, Chris Benoit.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
The death rate in wrestling is really high. Too many steroids/painkillers/recreational drugs/concussions. WWE is a publicly traded company, and it hurts it press-wise when a wrestler dies from a painkiller OD while traveling on the road between shows. Since they instituted their testing, I don't think anyone has died while working. Of course, retirees that are still living the party lifestyle, and guys in the indies are still dropping like flies. No one is testing those guys.

Are Pro Wrestlers Dying at an Unusual Rate? | FiveThirtyEighthas a partial list. This is an old study. More wrestlers have died since, just not in WWE.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
I finally got around to seeing Fight Night 81 from back in Jan, I wish they would have given them a 6th round and moved the cage in closer...sorry I'm just not impressed with Cruz avoiding the fight, I get zoning but to base your whole strategy off of avoidance, just not the spirit of a fight--does anyone really like watching someone juke for most of the round?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TUF 24 is all Flyweights. Winner gets a title shot. Coaches are Henry Cejudo and Joseph Benavidez.

The real hook? All 16 fights are champions in their respective organizations.

ZqmydoT.jpg

Sure they had to stretch to find 16 guys(Alaska FC!) but it's a pretty cool gimmick.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Good to see two Legacy guys make it to TUF.... too bad the last season I've watched was GSP & Cabbage Patch Koscheck.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It has its roots in a giant scandal from the early 90s because Vince had a doctor who was handing the shit out like candy without even pretending to write prescriptions, and that's still the general issue with steroid abuse today. Also,Chris Benoit.
Are there really retards out there that think he killed his family because he was on steroids?