MMA Thread

Fedor

<Banned>
cAnZnD1.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm trying to understand how you would create the habit of twisting your wrist when you throw a punch without deliberately practicing it. It feels really unnatural.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Twisting/flopping the wrist like that is a natural by-product of snapping the elbow really fast. It makes sense if she's trying to crack her elbow with every punch? It's literally the same motion my physical therapist taught me to re-seat my radial head.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
You idiots she is clearly throwing a "corkscrew punch" don't you know any goddamn thing? That kind of punch is unstoppable. She can tear right through her opponents skin with that. She can rip out throats like its fucking Roadhouse or Mcgruber.

corkscrew-punch.jpg

• 1Like

ilikefoods

Peasant
It's taught that way in a lot of traditional martial arts so she maybe picked it up there, or she just had bad striking form to begin with, the coach never picked up on it and she has developed a terrible habit.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
  • 1Cutler

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Her striking looked exactly as it always looks....

Striking is not defined by just the striking, but in maintaining critical distance and timing. Anyone can put together a bunch of strikes, but not everyone can hit their target. Her timing was way off, and she made Nunes look like a genius. Her footwork was also superlative.