MMA Thread

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
God how did I miss the most obvious point of it being a paper championship in my long rambling post. Lanx you dishonor me with your superior posting. /seppuku

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
He's going back to Australia instead of joining the UFC. =(

Peeps may hate him, but he knows how to call a fight. It really makes me sad they didn't sign him over Goldie. He's knows his stuff. I guess Maru is who is the UFC is waiting on and he's not even close to Schiavello on commentating fights. I love Maru too to be honest but Schiavello is the undisputed champion.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah that was super surprising. He's pretty decent on the ground too so that thing must have been tight.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is going to be a fast prelim, 2 first rounders.

Also, Mario Yamasasaksiaksai is the worst- how do you let a guy just get punched for 30 seconds and not stop the fight.

Also - I hate Brazil cards. Can't stand having a translator speaking pork chop.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's that time

José Aldo (c) vs. Max Holloway Too tough to chose, I guess I will go for champ but want Max to win because I'm racist
Cláudia Gadelha vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz Choosing Claudia but want Karolina to win, again due to racism
Vitor Belfort vs. Nate Marquardt Non TRT Belfort is a sad sight - BUT he is still my Belfort. (Also, he got me hooked on mma in like 1997) WAR!!!!
Paulo Borrachinha vs. Oluwale Bamgbose Ill choose the Paulo but could not really care.
Erick Silva vs. Yancy Medeiros I choose yancy cause his name sounds like Nancy- my grandmas name.

This card is not great on paper. 4/10

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Man, Vitor off the TRT looks like absolute garbage physically. TRT is a helluva drug.

That was depressing, first decision in 10 years and he loses 2-1. Mehhh.

edit: LOL, what a Brazil decision.

Last edited:

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
Haha those brazilian judges tried to hide their corruption with a 29-28 but that was a ridiculous call. Not surprised though.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
That was fucking impressive. I wonder if Connor did in Aldo's chin, Max isn't really a strong single punch fighter. Amazing.