MMA Thread

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Good for him the UFC under the Fertitas and new management have run the flyweight division like absolute shit.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't think Conor would ever go back down to FW. After fighting 2x at 170 and then at 155, I'm not even sure he could make that weight anymore. Even when he was fighting that division and was younger, he physically looked worse and worse every time he made the weight.

Not in California, thats for sure.

Once the California regulations are adopted you won't ever have to see anything like that ever again...Many guys will be moving divisions up very soon.

Will Jones make LHW? probably. But under the new regulations super cutters are no more. D.C to heavyweight? Who knows. Depends how fast and how much of the California regulations are adopted.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Not in California, thats for sure.

Once the California regulations are adopted you won't ever have to see anything like that ever again...Many guys will be moving divisions up very soon.

Will Jones make LHW? probably. But under the new regulations super cutters are no more. D.C to heavyweight? Who knows. Depends how fast and how much of the California regulations are adopted.
Yup, and I hope the California rules get adopted elsewhere sooner than later. The pictures that Claudia Gadelha posted of herself right before she weighed in is pretty disturbing. That shit just shouldn't be allowed.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah it'll be interesting to see if the new California rules gets adopted everywhere. I foresee a LOT of fighters having to move up in weight. Biggest change I'm not sure UFC would be onboard with is the new weight classes, but they really do need them. I think article I read mentioned 4 new weight classes, but one of them was 205 so that'd didn't make much sense. Otherwise it was 165, 175, and 195. Looking at that pic that Ameraves posted they would probably have to add a 125 lb to women's also. Claudia is a decent size strawweight but I can't imagine her being as successful at 135. Probably a few others at 115 that have to cut a lot to get there also. Also interesting to see how certain champs would be handled, like I know Woodley says he's around 205ish outside of camp and Bisping is like 220. I'm sure the top contenders are all in that range also.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
War Machine sentenced to life in prison. Probably the only place for a headcase like that

I hear you.

But I had him doing at least 12 solid on aggravated battery, i dont know his age or care, but if hes relatively young, then I would have bumped it to 15-20. The goal being to gas him out. Take his youth away.

No victim blaming here, but there were mitigating circumstances that led to the beating. She recovered and she is making money off of what War Machine damaged. She is ok. 12-15 in high security would have sufficed.

Hell I got jumped because of the colors I was wearing at a Christmas party and the thugs got absolutely nothing except 1 year of probation. Took me 5-6 years to recover my hand and shoulder. I'm not in the mood for double standards. Would a guy have gotten the same sentence who did the same type of beating on his gay lover? I doubt it.

Last edited:

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hopefully Holloway establishes himself as champion at FW, and if Conor comes back to fighting at LW after Mayweather finally lets this fight go forward...Holloway can end up moving up. Would love to see that rematch at some point.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't watch much if at all, but I'm kind of hyped for Joe vs Brock. Both have a physical style that should make for a great match.

Edit: lol wrong thread sorry.

Last edited:

Goatface

"want to know the fight i made the most money on? Chris Cariaso, who the fuck is that? i don't even know"

• 1Like

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I'm kind of tired of hearing about DJ's gripes and what not. He's awesome, don't get me wrong. But the dude just doesn't possess the personality of a star. He isn't interesting in the least and like it's already been stated the only good fight for a belt at flyweight was the first one with Dodson. Nobody really cares. It's a bunch of new faces that keep beating new faces in that division. Yet none of them can beat Dodson. I think the UFC is trying to do the right thing about bringing in Dillashaw to try and shake things up, but even if that fight happens and DJ wins they are still going to be exactly where they are today.

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
I don't think it's so much DJ. He's awesome, has a great personality, speaks well and is one hell of a fighter. It's just the fact that it's basically him and then bunch of people no one is interested in unfortunately. Doesn't help that most people just aren't interested in the 125'ers period. It would take a McGregor like personality to make that division interesting and even that'd be rough cause the whole division is full of boring people. Bantamweight suffers the same as flyweight just not to such a strong degree. If that division didn't have Cruz, Dillashaw and Garbrandt it'd be a pretty much dead division also.

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
To single DJ out on that?

Everyone has had to fight for what they want, or started bitching loudly. Its not just Al Laquinta or DJ or Aldo.

Its a new phenomenon and other fighters have started telling other fighters to stuff it up their ass because its so played out.