MMA Thread

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
I had a feeling Holloway was going to win. Only 25 years old and has been on a tear past few years lookin better and better every fight. Thank god it was Big John reffing. If that was a Brazilian ref probably would of let fight just keep going, even if Aldo ended up ko'd probably would of yelled at him to stand up lol.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Aldo throwing zero kicks better be a result of some injury other wise what the fuck man.
I had some people over for the fights, and I told them I really wanted Max to win, but I thought Aldo was going to kick the shit out of Max's legs. I must have said it at least 3 times. They all mocked me for clearly not knowing shit. I don't understand what Aldo was doing there.

Good for Max though, kid has been tearing it up lately. Unless Conor drops back down (and that would actually be a great fight), I think he will hold the belt for a while.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had some people over for the fights, and I told them I really wanted Max to win, but I thought Aldo was going to kick the shit out of Max's legs. I must have said it at least 3 times. They all mocked me for clearly not knowing shit. I don't understand what Aldo was doing there.

Good for Max though, kid has been tearing it up lately. Unless Conor drops back down (and that would actually be a great fight), I think he will hold the belt for a while.

I agree, I just hope he fights more than aldo

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider

I dunno, that first defense will be against Edgar.... and Edgar is a takedown machine, I could see Holloway getting the halfguard elbow treatment if he doesn't shore that TD up real good.

Shano

I think Max will fight more than Aldo. He's a young dude who's usually pretty active and he's gonna want to make that $$ now. Was pretty weird that Aldo wasn't throwing any leg kicks, especially since Holloway as shown in the past that he is pretty vulnerable to them. I'm pretty sure Edgar will be his first title defense, but I think Holloway will take it to him and I'm a big Frankie fan. He's got some pretty good TD, good ground game, and is a better striker imo. Also I'm pretty sure he fought Cub a couple years ago and kicked his ass.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I think Max will fight more than Aldo. He's a young dude who's usually pretty active and he's gonna want to make that $$ now. Was pretty weird that Aldo wasn't throwing any leg kicks, especially since Holloway as shown in the past that he is pretty vulnerable to them. I'm pretty sure Edgar will be his first title defense, but I think Holloway will take it to him and I'm a big Frankie fan. He's got some pretty good TD, good ground game, and is a better striker imo. Also I'm pretty sure he fought Cub a couple years ago and kicked his ass.

He tapped em.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Watching Owaluwale (sp) try and throw a dual-handed gorrilla slam in a professional MMA fight was one of the funniest things I've seen this year. Awesome. Vitor v Nate was the snoozefest I thought it would be, and I had the corrupt judging nailed exactly right. Overall, I enjoyed the card quite a bit. Have been sick as fuck so it is the first card in a while I've watched home alone with beer all to myself. Maybe that helped. Kowalkiewicz should feel bad about that sub.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
vitor v. nate was the most egregiously corrupt decision win in forever, holy shit.

Other than that, i was more interested in KK v. Claudia, and she just flopped down like a dead fish and gave in to that sub... was Claudia the only Brazilian win?, idk the rest were snooze and Aldo forgot to use his god given soccer ability. I liked how Big John knew it was Brazil and let Aldo have a full minute of eating more leather than this years gay pride parade, would have rather of seen Aldo tapped tho, fuck Brazil.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I had a feeling Holloway was going to win. Only 25 years old and has been on a tear past few years lookin better and better every fight. Thank god it was Big John reffing. If that was a Brazilian ref probably would of let fight just keep going, even if Aldo ended up ko'd probably would of yelled at him to stand up lol.

Big John still did it Brazilian style...he shoulda stopped that 2-3 times if not more.

Aldo must have spoken to him in the back maybe. Sometimes fighters ask the ref to please let it go. Herb Dean said he got approached before big fights.

Fighters want to risk it all.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Aldo looked like shit. Looked heavy on his feet and was visibly tired by the second round. Glad he lost. He's an insufferable whiner

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Great, fight kudos to Max. Now Conor needs to shit talk Aldo into suicide and come fight Max at featherweight.

Shano

I don't think Conor would ever go back down to FW. After fighting 2x at 170 and then at 155, I'm not even sure he could make that weight anymore. Even when he was fighting that division and was younger, he physically looked worse and worse every time he made the weight.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
No interest in seeing zombie McGregor again.
d12b54479d5db99d76bb840f018b054d_crop_exact.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users