MMA Thread

Goatface

does glory have breaks for cuts? don't understand why he walked
Groenhart said he thought the dude broke his jaw, but not seen any updates
that is just crazy

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think he was KO'd on his feet. There was no way the ref or his opponent would have known though if that was the case though.

Goatface

thought Cutelaba was being over cocky but he plowed Da Silva

lewis/hunt was a letdown

Last edited:

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
I didn't think Lewis and Hunt was that bad really. Went about the way I thought it would as in both dudes way to tough to get rocked / flash ko'd early on and Lewis usually starts gassing by round 3 and that's pretty much what happened.

Toids

Molten Core Raider
So either:
A) DJ is afraid to fight Dillashaw
B) DJ is trying to leverage UFC controversy into a bigger payday
C) DJ is afraid to fight an overweight Dillashaw and tarnish (not actually ruin) his longest champ defense record, after losing
or D) DJ actually believes anyone really wants to watch him fight ANY other flyweight

I like DJ and all, but he seems to be in the wrong/bitch category on this one. I don't doubt that talent-wise DJ is one of the most underpaid MMA fighters, but not many people like paying to watch midgets fight... At least not on TV.

Last edited:

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't think DJ is afraid to fight anyone. It's just the UFC won't back it up with money that TJ will make weight despite guaranteeing it. Boyd I know is just as suspect at making weight but he at least fights at 125. It is getting to the point that peeps are just saying Fuck You Dana and Dana is a huge liability now.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So either:
A) DJ is afraid to fight Dillashaw
B) DJ is trying to leverage UFC controversy into a bigger payday
C) DJ is afraid to fight an overweight Dillashaw and tarnish (not actually ruin) his longest champ defense record, after losing
or D) DJ actually believes anyone really wants to watch him fight ANY other flyweight

I like DJ and all, but he seems to be in the wrong/bitch category on this one. I don't doubt that talent-wise DJ is one of the most underpaid MMA fighters, but not many people like paying to watch midgets fight... At least not on TV.
DJ is a gamer, so he knows his division is shit, and he's basically beating up cans (aside from ppl like Dodson). He knows his division is a nothing draw, no one wants to see midget wrestling, fuck i think Dana has even said DJ has never gotten PPV points, how does a record breaking champ not ever get PPV points? cuz his fights are shit, his division is shit, and no one gives a shit if he continues to beat 20 more midgets.

The only thing DJ wants is to go down in the history books.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I'm a little disappointed with DJ. He fights Dillashaw and wins he becomes legendary. It's like he's passing that up to get a record no one cares about because he fights at 125.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
The ufc is the promoter. It is incumbent upon them to even pretend to promote flyweight. They never push the upcoming talent by having them on cards that matter or slots people can get to give a shit sbout the division.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Honestly DJ is scared of TJ, DJ's last lost was at BW to Cruz.

DJ's just using the excuse that TJ's never fought at FW and might miss weight, (thereby invalidating a title fight/defense) but we all know DJ is just chickenshit, he'd rather fight FW scrubs than a real BW former champ.

(not to mention the fact that fat borg has missed weight twice)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yo why do you hate short black MMA fighter a so much. Need to relax some on the DJ hate.
i think it's pretty universal it's not that he's black, it's that it's a midget division, no one gives a shit, and it's annoying when ppl try to force them into the spotlight. I mean Mexico got an entire culture dedicated to tiny luchre libre, hop the fence over there.

Goatface

would DJ v Dillashaw really sell? think it would be lucky to get 150-175k
certainly don't think it would be a superfight and i like watching men's fw

much rather see Dillashaw v Cruz 2 with the winner v Cody whenever he returns.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
much rather see Dillashaw v Cruz 2 with the winner v Cody whenever he returns.
That's the only fight anyone would give 1 and 1/2 shits about in FW/BW category.

while with FW you had former paper champ Aldo and now Holloway and Conor is probably gonna put LW on hiatus for a while. all the weight classes have pretty horrible champs besides Stipe and JJ

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
That's the only fight anyone would give 1 and 1/2 shits about in FW/BW category.

while with FW you had former paper champ Aldo and now Holloway and Conor is probably gonna put LW on hiatus for a while. all the weight classes have pretty horrible champs besides Stipe and JJ

To bad stipe is swimming in a sea of mediocrity. Aside overeem and healthy cain that division sucks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
To bad stipe is swimming in a sea of mediocrity. Aside overeem and healthy cain that division sucks.
wha??? you just saw the black beast tire himself out, he didn't get KO'd, he dropped from the inability to do cardio.

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I saw a clean knockout. and cardio is part of the measure of a fighter. it's their job. not to mention his skillset is no different than brett rodgers.

• 1Like

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
MW is pretty entertaining between Yoel, Rockhold, Mousasi and Bisping.
MW is the only division that can be interesting right now, but Dana fucking White is messing everything up with GSP. Bisping is being a massive bitch too. He was given a free pay day against a 45 year old Dan Henderson, while calling Mousasi a bitch when he won't fight a legitimate contender in his division for 8 months.

• 1Like