MMA Thread

Goatface

did not realize the real weighins were at Noon

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)

• Champ Daniel Cormier (205) vs. Jon Jones (204.5) – for light heavyweight title
  • Champ Tyron Woodley (170) vs. Demian Maia (170) – for welterweight title
  • Tonya Evinger (145) vs. Cristiane Justino (145) – for vacant women’s featherweight title
  • Donald Cerrone (170) vs. Robbie Lawler (170)
  • Jimi Manuwa (204.5) vs. Volkan Oezdemir (205.5)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FXX, 8 p.m. ET)

• Jason Knight (145.5) vs. Ricardo Lamas (145.5)
  • Renan Barao (140) vs. Aljamain Sterling (139.5)
  • Renato Moicano (146) vs. Brian Ortega ()
  • Andre Fili (145) vs. Calvin Kattar (145.5)
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 6:30 p.m. ET)

• Alexandra Albu (115) vs. Kailin Curran (115)
  • Jarred Brooks (126) vs. Eric Shelton (126)
  • Josh Burkman (155.5) vs. Drew Dober (155)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
DC did it w/o a towel!!!
58e7eb60e51c1.png

giphy.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
God damn, Evinger looks soft as fuck. She is going to get annihilated.

• 1Cutler

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Jones was so excited during the 2nd weigh in, even he couldn't believe that he didn't fuck it up this time.

• 1Worf

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I thought she looked soft too...but Cyborg didn't look as ripped as usual...maybe the weight cut was easier this time...and that could be very bad news for Evinger. Would love for it to be competitive though.

I'm also just curious why some people are picking Cormier. Cormier is a boss and has a phenomenal toolset. Against anyone else, I pick Cormier. Just curious if it's because the dislike for Jones that fuels the Cormier picks, or if people actually think Cormier will be able to get it done. Jones has been out of the ring a while, but I just don't see him losing a round. 12 inch reach advantage. As willing as you are to admit it, the takedown advantage. He has higher cumulative averages in every aspect of the fight compared to any other fight that either fighter has had. Dude is the best of the best on paper. The OSP fight probably brought his averages down but his mom also had her leg amputated during fight week. My head wouldn't be completely there if something like that were to happen. Anyways, Cormier definitely isn't in for a cakewalk. Would be nice to see someone beat Jones, but I just don't see it happening. It would be even better if someone that could equal Jones' prowess, size, skill, and a younger age be able to challenge him. McGregor wins by KO in the 9th round before that happens tomorrow night IMO.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Jones only fought once since the last time he fought DC and he looked mediocre while doing it, nothing like how he looked during his title reign. That's why you see so many people taking Cormier, lotta unknowns about Jones atm.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I can't say I know what is going to happen tomorrow night, but I can tell you what I hope happens. I hope Boner Jones dispatches this fuck face in the first two rounds. Excited for tomorrow night, I will be watching the fight from this great Sushi Sports Bar down town.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
UFC 214 will be the first time we see a drug free, retard free (his teammates and J/W are constantly monitoring him), and hard working Jon Jones.