MMA Thread

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Jones is so much taller, it's so hard for DC to get leverage on that upper cut. Contact point is not ideal at all. He brought it, but Jones' length is a massive advantage. DC had a massive issue with Gus' also.

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Jones just admitting to using steroids in a roundabout way during the post fights LMAO.. Jones needs to just not talk really. Just fight and keep your interviews short and cute man.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Homeboy was the champ. That's the norm. Hate it or love it, it is what it is. DC looked great tonight. Can't take that away from him. He's the #1 LHW in the world. Jones has beat him twice. Nothing to do but move up. Cormier vs. Oezdemir next Fox card main event.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Jones just admitting to using steroids in a roundabout way during the post fights LMAO.. Jones needs to just not talk really. Just fight and keep your interviews short and cute man.
Yeah I am confused about this as well. Care to elaborate?

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Homeboy was the champ. That's the norm. Hate it or love it, it is what it is. DC looked great tonight. Can't take that away from him. He's the #1 LHW in the world. Jones has beat him twice. Nothing to do but move up. Cormier vs. Oezdemir next Fox card main event.
It should be Gustafsson vs Jones II, but since JBJ called out Brock "Chemistry Lab" Lesnar, that will be put on hold. Gustafsson vs "Rains of" Oezdemir will determine the #1 contender.

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Was a post fight interview, he basically said "I just beat him off steroids" and had a pretty funny oh shit look on his face after. Funny shit.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You have to wonder why DC doesn't adopt a Randy Couture grinding style up against the fence. Dirty box him and just try to tire him out. I guess Jones is just too fast for him

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Jones will get ripped to pieces if he tries to stand against Lesnar. As great a fighter he is he doesn't have the physique that can compete with that God tier strength that Lesnar has. Then again I suspect he knows that and he just wants the fat paycheck, no other reason to call out Brock there.

• 2Picard
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Ya'll need to replay that Pied Piper streamable replay that Fedor posted several times if you have a problem with JJ winning. Look how quick and smooth that kick was. No one in the division is fucking with him. Even after Cormier walked him down, and held the center of the octagon for 2.5 rounds. Nobody is ready at 205. Smooth move to call out Brock and work his way to the next weight class and doing so in the biggest way he can. He beats Brock and he is basically McGregor without the shit talking skills. He's already the GOAT in my opinion. McGregor just has that skill. Jones is just a bad motherfucker. No one like him. There are still people out there that think Lesnar is not human. He will make Lesnar look stupid. I can't wait.

Muurloen

Jones will get ripped to pieces if he tries to stand against Lesnar. As great a fighter he is he doesn't have the physique that can compete with that God tier strength that Lesnar has. Then again I suspect he knows that and he just wants the fat paycheck, no other reason to call out Brock there.
Will he? Overeem has shown the way by going for Lesnar's guts. No one ever gets over diverticulitis.

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
You have to wonder why DC doesn't adopt a Randy Couture grinding style up against the fence. Dirty box him and just try to tire him out. I guess Jones is just too fast for him

Yea anytime DC tried to do that Jones just shook him off and repositioned.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Nobody is surprised at that outcome. Jones reach and fighting skills are just ridiculous.

If some alien race invaded earth and we had to send one guy to fight an MMA match to save our planet, Jones is the guy I'd pick. Over any fighter ever.

I mean, does he have any actual powers? Everyone else in Mortal Kombat does. Is he going to look as good vs a 4 armed, 8 foot tall 800 pound monster?

Muurloen

Ya'll need to replay that Pied Piper streamable replay that Fedor posted several times if you have a problem with JJ winning. Look how quick and smooth that kick was. No one in the division is fucking with him. Even after Cormier walked him down, and held the center of the octagon for 2.5 rounds. Nobody is ready at 205. Smooth move to call out Brock and work his way to the next weight class and doing so in the biggest way he can. He beats Brock and he is basically McGregor without the shit talking skills. He's already the GOAT in my opinion. McGregor just has that skill. Jones is just a bad motherfucker. No one like him. There are still people out there that think Lesnar is not human. He will make Lesnar look stupid. I can't wait.
You really need to go back and watch JBJ vs Gustafsson I again.

Gustafsson won 3-2. Judges fucked him. Look at this picture and tell me who one the fight.

1231627_534263456653465_1449401384_n.jpg

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider

Idk man. Stopping DC's takedowns in one thing, but brock is like a fucking ogre. I think if Jones can tag brock early he has a good shot at beating him, but if Brock is able to get Jones down or against the cage, then Jones up going for a swim up shit creek. Watching Brock pick up Hunt and slam him like a rag doll.. Jones doesnt want any of that. Would be a great fucking fight.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Gus is a legit, legit threat.

And Jones will just run away from Lesnar. Dude will tire in 3 minutes and he'll eventually just jab Lesnar to death. Lesnar always has a chance with that size, but still don't think he beats Jones.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Lesnar could literally just overpower him on takedowns so it would be interesting.