MMA Thread

Ryanz

<Banned>
Jones just looking for the easy payday with Lesnar, not sure he actually wants to move up in weight.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Will he? Overeem has shown the way by going for Lesnar's guts. No one ever gets over diverticulitis.
If Jones had the latitude that Overeem had back in those days to blow himself up on roids with no concern from the UFC, he'd have a decent shot at putting a fight up against Lesnar. But that's not how it goes these days and Jones is already on the radar.

Last edited:

Ryanz

<Banned>
Jones sees the writing on the wall. New owners of UFC just want to make big fights, they don't give a shit about rankings.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
If Jones had the latitude that Overseen had back in those days to blow himself up on roids with no concern from the UFC, he'd have a decent shot at putting a fight up against Lesnar. But that's not how it goes these days and Jones is already on the radar.
Jon for years has walked around 235+ and has cut down to 205. His frame is already tailor made to be able to handle the additional muscle mass.

The dude is 30 now, and cutting weight with USADA rules, and California Rules that are probably going to make its way across the land, it will make it harder for him to get down to 205 anymore.

Hell everyone was call for Jones to fight Cain, 235 lb HW, years ago. Why is fighting a chem lab freak any different?

Have you already forgotten Shredder Jon Jones?

jon_jones_jonny_bones_main.jpg

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I know that he is a tough opponent but he's already beaten him. Gus has lost 3 of his last 6. Time for Jones to move up if that the only competition he has. If Gus wants to revenge that loss, he'll have to move up too. Jones is the GOAT right now. He gets to call the shots.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Jon for years has walked around 235+ and has cut down to 205. His frame is already tailor made to be able to handle the additional muscle mass.

The dude is 30 now, and cutting weight with USADA rules, and California Rules that are probably going to make its way across the land, it will make it harder for him to get down to 205 anymore.

Hell everyone was call for Jones to fight Cain, 235 lb HW, years ago. Why is fighting a chem lab freak any different?

Have you already forgotten Shredder Jon Jones?

jon_jones_jonny_bones_main.jpg
Lesnar has to cut 30 pounds to get to the 265 limit, most of which he puts back on when he rehydrates. He's on another level.

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Does nobody want to see Jones vs Rumble? I'd love to see that shit if the Lesnar fight doesnt happen.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Lesnar has to cut 30 pounds to get to the 265 limit, most of which he puts back on when he rehydrates. He's on another level.
That's great, he is still a shitty fighter. Lesnar's guts will be destroyed by Jones and he will have much ragrets thinking that he would be able to stand against a seasoned, talented, fighter.

Even one letter, and more so than a dick tattoo on his chest.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
In random news, Woodley lost the GSP fight because he is a bitch, and Dana gave it back to Bisping again. Trolololol.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Dana White is such a dipshit sometimes. He is claiming he is now giving GSP the Bisping fight because "Bisping will come out and fight". Basically insinuating that since Woodley is a boring ass fighter, he doesn't deserve the GSP fight. While that piece may be true, then why the fuck did you just have an interim MW fight? There is absolutely no reason at this point for Bisping to fight anyone but Whitaker. Fucking stupid.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
^would have been the most boring fight ever.

This x100

I almost quit watching UFC back in the GSP days. I dont know why everyone has such a boner for him, but I remember nothing but lay and pray bullshit from GSP. Dude was the master of the grind out a win mentality. I dont ever want GSP to come back, especially against Woodley. God that fight would be awful.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
I am so tired of Lesnar's name been invoked like hes actually talented at MMA, He was just a juiced up dude who had some wrestling behind him. Anytime I think of Lesnar I think of the majority of times someone threw a strike at him and his entire body turned away in horror. Fuck at least call out Anderson for the superfight we never got not the one we never wanted.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
As for Gus losing 3 of his last 6, I thought he firmly beat DC with a 3-2 win and almost KO'd DC. Also can make a case for Jones losing to him in their fight. I mean, I think Jones is the best alive hands down, but Gus is definitely a threat with his boxing ability and size.

Also, I'm kinda surprised at all the shit Woodley is taking for this fight? I mean, it only takes one Maia take down to win. If there was ever a guy to blame I feel as if it would be Maia. But to each his own, I know Woodley isn't the most likable dude at all, but I can't blame him for his game plan tonight.

Does nobody want to see Jones vs Rumble? I'd love to see that shit if the Lesnar fight doesnt happen.

Rumble "retired" after the DC fight.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Was there any announcement of Whitaker's knee injury post Yoel?
Funny, Dana just got asked that question. All he said was that Whitaker's knee was damaged and he will "be out for a while". But that Whitaker will get the winner of GSP vs Bisping.

I guess if Whitaker's knee really is that bad, then whatever.