MMA Thread

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Also, I'm kinda surprised at all the shit Woodley is taking for this fight? I mean, it only takes one Maia take down to win. If there was ever a guy to blame I feel as if it would be Maia. But to each his own, I know Woodley isn't the most likable dude at all, but I can't blame him for his game plan tonight.
Sure, but Maia was never even close to getting him down. Dana was actually 100% correct in his assessment of Woodley in this fight. He had Maia seeing through 1 eye after the first round. There is no reason he couldn't have used his superior speed, strength, and just overall athleticism to finish Maia off. There is no excuse for his performance.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
As for Gus losing 3 of his last 6, I thought he firmly beat DC with a 3-2 win and almost KO'd DC. Also can make a case for Jones losing to him in their fight. I mean, I think Jones is the best alive hands down, but Gus is definitely a threat with his boxing ability, size and style.

added a bit to you for me to agree with fully.

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Sure, but Maia was never even close to getting him down. Dana was actually 100% correct in his assessment of Woodley in this fight. He had Maia seeing through 1 eye after the first round. There is no reason he couldn't have used his superior speed, strength, and just overall athleticism to finish Maia off. There is no excuse for his performance.

Eh, I guess fair enough. I mean, from a fighting aspect Woodley was still very impressive. But I do get the business side.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Jones - Gus II pleaseeeeeeee. Think Jones handles Lesnar, Lesnar just tires and ends up on the ground.

Only man with the physicality to match Jones at LHW.

Gus called him out just now, so should be good to go. Manuwa out Gus in. Jones name-dropped him and Manuwa yesterday as contenders.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Funny, Dana just got asked that question. All he said was that Whitaker's knee was damaged and he will "be out for a while". But that Whitaker will get the winner of GSP vs Bisping.

I guess if Whitaker's knee really is that bad, then whatever.
Oblique kicks should be banned.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This x100

I almost quit watching UFC back in the GSP days. I dont know why everyone has such a boner for him, but I remember nothing but lay and pray bullshit from GSP. Dude was the master of the grind out a win mentality. I dont ever want GSP to come back, especially against Woodley. God that fight would be awful.

lol If I ever said something like this it'd have at least 5 picards

shows you how much damage I did to the collective psyche of this here thread back in 08

Oblique kicks should be banned.

pretty sure in thai its just called a teep. whole lot less nerdy than "oblique kick" maybe we can fuck off with that shit some day

• 1Picard

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
lol If I ever said something like this it'd have at least 5 picards

shows you how much damage I did to the collective psyche of this here thread back in 08

pretty sure in thai its just called a teep. whole lot less nerdy than "oblique kick"

I remember GSP getting tons of hate back in the day on sherdog. It was a pretty popular opinion to call the man a human blanket. It was between him and Sherk for that title.

But now I go on shergod, or r/mma, and everyone is clamoring for him to come back, and bitching about being honey dicked and crying for his return.

I dont know how the narrative changed. I guess maybe new fans or something.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I remember GSP getting tons of hate back in the day on sherdog. It was a pretty popular opinion to call the man a human blanket. It was between him and Sherk for that title.

But now I go on shergod, or r/mma, and everyone is clamoring for him to come back, and bitching about being honey dicked and crying for his return.

I dont know how the narrative changed.

Rose colored glasses. An old face in a very new game. Rainbows and sunshine, brushes those Chuck Liddell era feels. It does feel good man. Ahhh "Oh man those Matt Hughes fights"

He was a great technical wrestler, fair striker who held his own against Johnny Hendroids.

As far as this comeback goes, its a one-and-done if its at 185 pounds. GSP's frame against Bisping is a hard sell. Shit, Rockhold might even hospitalize him. There is a reason the GSP-Silva was never under real consideration. You go up those 15 pounds, the bodies are just drastically different. I think people are conveniently forgetting the Welterweight-Middleweight height gap is arguably one of the most serious leaps you could make at one time. He's coming back for a beatdown and some of that fresh modern 2017 PPV money.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
You have to wonder why DC doesn't adopt a Randy Couture grinding style up against the fence. Dirty box him and just try to tire him out. I guess Jones is just too fast for him

Jones is the master of dirty boxing at the fence. He's better than DC in the clinch by a long way, you've got to remember he's got that weird praying mantis retard strength and hits all kinds of weird shit along the fence. DC fought to a great gameplan tonight but the guy he was fighting is arguably the pfp greatest ever.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I had DC winning the first two rounds. Really unfortunate for him that Jones is out there. At the presser it sounded like Jones wants to stay a LHW but will pick his shots. Maybe Cormier will go up to heavyweight since he's undefeated there.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Per Ariel, "Confirmed with sources that Bisping vs GSP has been agreed to for MSG on 11/4. Should be signed in the coming days."

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
While I can respect that Woodley stuff every attempt, Maia did, and even toyed with him... Holy shit boring.

Especially since the fight before was a roided tranny beating up a pale ass flabby white girl.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Bobby Knuckles will dust either of those chumps, i'm fine to wait for him to be 100%.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Judging by Joe Rogan's tweets this morning sounds like he was told to interview DC last night, even though he didn't want to do it. DC has nothing to be ashamed of, he fought well and let his guard down for a split second - Jones is so fucking clinical, that kick was perfection.

EDIT*

Now he's saying "nobody told him to do it". Seems kinda odd.......

Either way, Gus/Jones would be a great fight and definitely agree that DC needs to move up to HW. Think it'll take him a long, long time to recover from last night though - not just physically, this will eat him alive mentally

Last edited:

Ryanz

<Banned>
I listen to a lot of Joe Rogan, and he constantly talks about how he thinks interviewing guys after getting KTFO is just not a good idea. There's no doubt in my mind someone told him to do it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I listen to a lot of Joe Rogan, and he constantly talks about how he thinks interviewing guys after getting KTFO is just not a good idea. There's no doubt in my mind someone told him to do it.
Rewatch 214, end with just Rogan,Cruz,anik recapping, Rogan says he felt dc needed to say his piece.