MMA Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Big John stated he let it go on for 2 punches too many, but after just watching the finish again I think I agree with jayrebb jayrebb . It was definitely 4-5 too many.

This overhead shot of DC after the fight shows just how much of a mess he really was. He doesn't have his senses about him at all for at least 2 minutes

It did go on too long, but in this type of knockout, there's always going to be second guessing about whether he should have waved it off earlier. Big title fight, rivalry, and a guy who has never been stopped before in DC. I thought it was pretty obvious he wasn't able to defend himself as soon as he hit the mat, but even DC gave Big John credit for trying to give him time to stay in the match.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I thought it was pretty obvious he wasn't able to defend himself as soon as he hit the mat, but even DC gave Big John credit for trying to give him time to stay in the match.
Actually it was a good 5 strikes of DC doing some sort of head movement and putting up a hand, w/ Jon mixing up hellbows/hammerfist and underchin the chin strikes before he found out which position and delivering 5 hook shots to the head, amazingly if you watched all the strikes, they were all to the side of DC's head, not a single one was to the back of the head.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
It did go on too long, but in this type of knockout, there's always going to be second guessing about whether he should have waved it off earlier. Big title fight, rivalry, and a guy who has never been stopped before in DC. I thought it was pretty obvious he wasn't able to defend himself as soon as he hit the mat, but even DC gave Big John credit for trying to give him time to stay in the match.
Yeah I actually totally agree. It is really easy to watch the replay and say it went on too long, but all things considered in the heat of the fight, I can absolutely see why John let it go on longer than it should have.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Big John really put D.C. at risk there and let him have it. 5 shots while he was keeping his other cheek kissing the mat without moving? DC is a fucking moron, not surprised Dana screamed in his face and basically assaulted the dude.

The guy was just coming to from being knocked the fuck out. He had no idea where he was, never mind wether it was a quick stoppage. Give him a fucking break

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If he's telling the truth about pulling/tearing his rotator cuff in the first round then I don't blame him for playing it super safe against Maia, and Dana White is fucking human garbage completely independent of the shit he said about Woodley.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ah jeez that's an Ariel Helwani interview he's making the threats on-- should have taken it to Matt Serra and Jim Norton. El "human garbage" is going to be fuming mad.

I'd be pretty upset if I threw my shoulder out, but this is nuclear.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Whether he's the greatest of all time or a boring champ he's got no charisma and that's always going to be his problem.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
thread gonna be dead for two months cuz aug is gonna be shitty when the most exciting match is shitty mcgregor, and who wants to see DJ beat down another easy win for 215?

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah UFC the golden years of 2015 and 2016 are behind us for a while it seems.

• 1Solidarity

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Well Dana did say it was the lowest striking numbers for any title fight. The previous number was 130...the number in this fight was 60. Woodley is phenomenal. Shut down Stephen Thompson, arguably the best striker in the division. Shut down Demian Maia, arguably the best grappler in the division. He is incredibly smart but also just as boring. Puts the UFC in a tough spot. The first fight with Thompson was great. These last two fights have sucked though. Not like his last fight didn't get boo'd too.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was sitting 30 feet from the ring for Thompson v Woodley. My ears were ringing with boos 2 hours after the event and my voice was hoarse for 3 days. He can be the first champ they put on an under-card fight for all I care.

I would rather watch girls high-school basketball than another Woodley fight.

• 1Solidarity

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I was sitting 30 feet from the ring for Thompson v Woodley. My ears were ringing with boos 2 hours after the event and my voice was hoarse for 3 days. He can be the first champ they put on an under-card fight for all I care.

I would rather watch girls high-school basketball than another Woodley fight.

wasn't might mouse the first to fight on an under card non PPV?