MMA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yea, again I applaud Woodley for learning from his first Draw w/ wonderboy that he was able to scare the best WW striker on the rematch. Even punish wonderboy to the extent that wonderboy looked skittish. The same can be said here he stuff all 24??? attempts by Maia, made him look like a dunce 3rd round and onwards since Maia looked so out of shape grasping for hail mary take down.

And yea i get it, Woodley is defending his championship, he's just waiting on Maia to make a move, and if Maia wastes his shot, he doesn't get anything... however it's boring as shit, this is entertainment, we want to see bitches get KTFO or in this case everyone wanted Maia to strangle Woodley at least, get some type of action going.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Is it just me? Or does anyone else think this guy should shut the fuck up? He confirms his contract is terminated, why is he talking?

What was Rumble's max disclosed payout last year?

Regardless, if you retire and make a HUGE deal of out announcing retirement, you probably need to fuck off for awhile. And wait a fucking second.

Let's not forget this is the same guy who is presumed to have intentionally thrown the D.C. fight, even if it was done unwittingly. Why should anyone pay someone like that Conor McGregor money.

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
A witness said security was already on top of Izzy telling him to be seated when Greg shouted.

The whole team gets fined if you don't obey commission protocol.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Has the time period passed for the "Dream Team" Dana was talking about? Think he said July but he might have said August, so we have another solid 2 months to see if Anik is really permanent. Would probably be another 30 days after the end of August for contract negotiations.

Dana sounded pretty amped and optimistic about it. Not sure what happened.

Joe Rogan's contract is up in 30-60 days or so too. So yeah, 2 months before we know much about the state of UFC announcing.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Aniks only job is to be annoyingly ignorant and remind us who the sponsors are...

clearly he was failing in his job when Robbie v. Cowboy started and the bell rang, and Robbie said fuck yo job, and came out with 30s of barraging, while Anik was trying to eek out who the fuck is dumb enough to pay for that sponsor spot.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
sounds like they want to screw over Woodley and book an interim title fight (since he torn that shoulder he's out for a few months) between Robbie v. Masvidal.

I don't think anyone would give a shit either, while it's true Woodley has been the most active defending champ (wonderboyx2/Maia) compared to zero Mcgregor, who gives a shit, that was 3x boring title defenses, fuck him.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
sounds like they want to screw over Woodley and book an interim title fight (since he torn that shoulder he's out for a few months) between Robbie v. Masvidal.

I don't think anyone would give a shit either, while it's true Woodley has been the most active defending champ (wonderboyx2/Maia) compared to zero Mcgregor, who gives a shit, that was 3x boring title defenses, fuck him.

Hard to really be upset with Conor since he actually landed the Mayweather fight. I didn't really think that was going to be a thing. I did read something the other day that if he comes back to UFC after that fight, he was tempted to fight Khabib in Russia. Big spectacle and all that.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Hard to really be upset with Conor since he actually landed the Mayweather fight. I didn't really think that was going to be a thing. I did read something the other day that if he comes back to UFC after that fight, he was tempted to fight Khabib in Russia. Big spectacle and all that.
let khabib eat more Tiramisu and goto WW to take on Woodley. Get rid of that annoyance for us.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
let khabib eat more Tiramisu and goto WW to take on Woodley. Get rid of that annoyance for us.

I'm still hoping we get to see Ferguson/Khabib at some point. 4th time's the charm? I think he gets destroyed at WW.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
only exciting thing about fn114 is this bitch misses weight by 4lbs, holy shit
giphy.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Can you imagine the narratives they can build out of that given the current climate. Get hype!