MMA Thread

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Scream-1468861408.gif

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Dana released some video clips of the sparring...including the "pushdown" incident. Call me nuts but I think 95% of the time that would be ruled a knockdown in a real boxing match. Also shows some solid work by Conor...although it's just in a few 10 second clips so who knows how the rest of the sparring went. Conor does land a straight left after they get separated in one clip that is just MEAN.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Also classless of Connor's camp to release training footage. Shit happens in the gym that isn't anyone else's business. Everyone gets hit, everyone taps. It doesn't mean anything except in competition.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

First clip is terrifying. The "knockdown" doesn't scare me as much as Malignaggi going cross-eyed on that short left-- then that power right after the break was horrifying. That was a standing 8.

I think this settles the "Conor has average power in a boxing ring" thing. Just hope the NSAC passes that petition for 8oz gloves.

Conor McGregor: Paulie Malignaggi post-sparring bashing was ‘concussion talk’

Conor talks serious injuries to Paulie. Badly hurt and concussed is why he exited the camp.

The spars were not good for him. He took a lot of head trauma. Straight after it, we were worried. The sparring partners were actually telling us that when he was dropped back to the home he was stumbling out of the car after the 12-rounder.

“We thought the worst was happening. He was certainly badly concussed. And then he just got out of there and started running.”

“When I heard the stuff he was saying, I was like, ‘That’s concussion talk,’” McGregor said. “The man was badly, badly concussed. Look at his face. He was busted up bad.”

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
Also classless of Connor's camp to release training footage. Shit happens in the gym that isn't anyone else's business. Everyone gets hit, everyone taps. It doesn't mean anything except in competition.

Normally I'd agree, however Malignaggi had been talkin shit basically the entire time he was at the training camp. Saying stuff like Conor's power is overrated, whimpers like a girl with body shots etc. Even giving away details talking about how he comes out strong first few rounds then starts fading and has hard time taking body shots. If anything it was classless of them releasing pictures that made Conor look amazing but honestly wtf was he expecting? Just to talk shit the whole time and everything be cool? Conor is doing his role and trying to hype this event up so of course he's gonna release pictures making himself look good. Malignaggi just seems like a salty bitch imo who should of known what he was getting himself into and if he would of swallowed his pride he probably would've gotten some pretty nice cash for helping Conor out. Instead he threw a bitch fit because of some pictures and bounced out. Also he's even been asking for the whole sparring video to be released, which I wouldn't be surprised if they did after the Money fight (though it may be edited to make Conor look amazing :p).

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Normally I'd agree, however Malignaggi had been talkin shit basically the entire time he was at the training camp. Saying stuff like Conor's power is overrated, whimpers like a girl with body shots etc. Even giving away details talking about how he comes out strong first few rounds then starts fading and has hard time taking body shots. If anything it was classless of them releasing pictures that made Conor look amazing but honestly wtf was he expecting? Just to talk shit the whole time and everything be cool? Conor is doing his role and trying to hype this event up so of course he's gonna release pictures making himself look good. Malignaggi just seems like a salty bitch imo who should of known what he was getting himself into and if he would of swallowed his pride he probably would've gotten some pretty nice cash for helping Conor out. Instead he threw a bitch fit because of some pictures and bounced out. Also he's even been asking for the whole sparring video to be released, which I wouldn't be surprised if they did after the Money fight (though it may be edited to make Conor look amazing :p).

I haven't kept up on the gossip around this fight since I think it's basically a practical joke being played on ticket and PPV purchasers. If Malignaggistarted it, then yeah, gloves off.

Shano

I was on vacation for 3 weeks so had a lot of time to google-fu and keep up lol. But yeah he was pretty much a douche the whole time he was there.

Shano

Tony Ferguson vs Kevin Lee for interim lightweight lol. I predict Ferguson smashing Lee pretty good.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
That doesn't even make sense. Kevin Lee is ranked like 8th or something, isn't he?

Is Khabib still on the shelf?

Goatface

According to White the vaunted grappler is still getting back to 100%, after undergoing surgery. Nurmagomedov was booked to fight Ferguson at UFC 209 in March, but the day before, he withdrew due to medical issues.

according to some snippets from Khabib's father/coach, he wanted them to push it "less than a month" but wouldn't