MMA Thread

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
As for the numbers report...that just goes to show that the UFC needs to stop letting their champs take these long lay-offs. Conor can be their exception because there will not be anyone like him for a while, but Michael Bisping holds the title that Anderson Silva once held...a weight class that has so many people vying for the title that it should be more exciting than having a champion who can take 9-12 months off. They should put a definitive date on titles or they expire. The only reason your title shouldn't have an expiration date should be injury.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

think at min should be 1 defense ever 6 months, ideally 1 every 4
interm belt if no fight in 4 months, stripped after 6

saw JDS already removed from HW rankings

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I really wouldn't mind if they even marketed it as that person still being champ after they are stripped. If they decided not to do that then that would be cool too...might pave the way for Ric Flair 2.0....The 22 time light heavyweight champion of the world (Buffer 360) Jonny BONES Jones.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

I'm sweating harder than Anxiety Anik about the state of UFC announcing. Here's to a big shakeup come the end of September!

Predicting Rogan gets renewed, despite him claiming its getting to be too much for him-- I can't see Rogan going so close to Goldie. They will take whatever money Goldie was asking for and kick it to Rogan if it means keeping him. And 1 new face should be coming on board, unless Dana is a fathead liar.

Last edited:

Goatface

if i was to guess, would say they are offering Rogan a lot less
after the sale was all the reports about wanting to cut the operation budget in half
then trim it some more.
don't think have ever heard details about his contract, other than something that it was
per year and not per show, so he was a good deal when he was ok with all the traveling
but last few years has cut back.

Goatface

holy hell

Jon Jones Tests Positive for Steroids Stripped of Title

Jon Jones has tested positive for steroids in his UFC 214 victory over Daniel Cormier, and he has been stripped of his title ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Our sources tell us ... Jones tested positive for Turinabol -- an anabolic steroid.

Jones won the July 29 fight -- taking the UFC light heavyweight belt from Cormier with a savage head kick followed by a barrage of punishing punches to Cormier's head.

The title now goes back to Cormier.

It's the second time Jones has failed a USADA drug test. He tested positive for banned substances in 2016 before UFC 200 and was pulled from the main event. Jones got socked with a 1 year ban.

We're told this time around, he could be banned for up to 4 years.

Jones had blamed his previous failed test on a male enhancement pill. He claimed he didn't realize the pill contained a banned substance and insisted he was NOT trying to gain a competitive edge.

If the test results hold up, it's unclear how he'll explain his way out of this one.

Story developing

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
LoL ... I'm not even sure what I'm laughing at this is sad shit.

Just make a roid division.

Last edited:

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Most guys are on something. Jon is just fucking terrible at doping. You'd think he could actually afford to not fuck it up 3 times in a row. GG dude, see you in bellator.

D.C. Is a better champion anyway.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The last time Turinabol was undetectable or used in any doping program, the Berlin wall was still up.

Unfortunately the literature on the internet, google fu, etc. still lists Turinabol as that status. I am guessing a strength coach or Jones himself googled some dogshit article, rather than work with the next Victor Conte or Patrick Arnold.

This is what happens when you think you got it all figured out with the internet. Its difficult to believe, but it appears this motherfucker actually googled one of these bullshit Turinabol articles and read it was used as undetectable Olympic dope.

Problem is, this is 2017. Fucking millennials man. Jesus fucking christ.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
"process" AKA figuring out if Jones should send the belt back via Fedex or UPS.

• 3Worf

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wonder what Jones career would have been like without the steroids. Probably much better off without them. The guy is literally built for fighting..