MMA Thread

Fedor

<Banned>
Dana White: Ronda Rousey-Travis Browne Wedding on Same Day as Mayweather vs. McGregor

black beast in this ho

XiER0bg.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

how long does it take to get B sample tests done?
googling jon's last fail, looks like it didn't take long at all.
but don't know if trust the dates on stories anymore

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
how long does it take to get B sample tests done?
googling jon's last fail, looks like it didn't take long at all.
but don't know if trust the dates on stories anymore

My memory is hazy on the Anderson SIlva and Brock Lesnar situations. I know Silva was pre-USADA and went through the commission which runs a transparent process and the press releases regarding the tests as far as the B sample came out as soon as it was finished.

So however long Brock took (assuming you go by the archive article dates on MMAFighting) is a good forecast of how long this will play out for. I do remember the Lesnar situation felt like it was being extra delayed or the press access was suppressed. But further examination revealed that feeling was just because of USADA's clandestine "due process".

So I'm not sure you can get a B sample date for Lesnar. For Silva, you definitely can. But ultimately it doesn't matter because the USADA process is clandestine in nature and their policy leaves it up to the fighter to name the substance (until a decision is made on the penalty). So you should thank TMZ for the leak on the substance because otherwise we would know absolutely fuckall for the next several months. It would just be a big mystery "violation".

Brock's substance never leaked. They started playing it like some asthma inhaler stuff in the press if you recall. Then it turns out after the decision that the substance had nothing to do with asthma or corticosteroids. USADA's policies allow fighters to lie and spin the story and then by the time the suspension hits, nobody cares to recheck the facts.

The UFC said the CSAC was taking jurisdiction alongside USADA due to it being a fight-week violation. So I would 100% bet money the substance leaked only because the CSAC had jurisdiction. The CSAC doesn't share the code of silence that USADA created. And I am sure the CSAC has been notified at this point by USADA to shut up regarding details.

tldr; USADA sucks balls.

Last edited:

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Legit though, I want these "clean" leagues/weight-classes to be roid free. But man, I want that roid league. Like Vitor on gear 24/7 type roids.

USADA is just making this more of a reality. UFC is the "high class" shit that doesn't take those base-lived fighters that roid the f up. But man, we need that roid league. Like I want to see Pride level Wanderlei just out of his goddamn mind attacking dudes, but I also want it to be completely obvious that this is a roid league and call it a day.

Goddamn Jon Jones is dumb as fuck.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I had read that as well. The blood test doesn't detect Turinabol, but the urine test does.

Still seems overly stupid that he got caught for that, especially since he passed all those other tests.

Merrith

Yeah I had read that as well. The blood test doesn't detect Turinabol, but the urine test does.

Still seems overly stupid that he got caught for that, especially since he passed all those other tests.

There's just enough fishy about it to make you have that thought that maybe he didn't fuck up...but he probably did.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
There's just enough fishy about it to make you have that thought that maybe he didn't fuck up...but he probably did.
Yup, exactly.

When I first read that story I had actually confused it. I thought it said the test he failed didn't even test for Turinabol, and then I was like oh shit did he not actually do it. But then I read again, and also realized there is just no good explanation other than him being dirty.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Well he did get busted for cocaine in his system. He has a track record of doing stupid things during his testing periods.