MMA Thread

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, I'm not sure how any of this new information makes it sound fishy. Sounds like stupidity.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Call me stupid, but I trust Jones. He passed literally EVERY "surprise" test leading up to the fight. All of them. Yet the one he's known about since he first took this fight is the one he fails? It doesn't make sense at all. I can't explain how it happened, but I trust that he didn't do something that flagged the test. It's possible that one of his supplements was somehow contaminated while at the production facility, but even that doesn't make much sense. Unless the supplement company also makes something that contains the flagged substance. I'm confused, but I still trust him. He really seems like a genuine guy that understood he fucked up in the past and will do everything possible to not fuck up again in the future.

I believe in him.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Seems fairly cut and dry, even more so with the newest test results coming out. All of the blood tests he got during camp didn't check for Turinabol, neither did the one he took after the fight. Only the piss test he failed did. Jon Jones has the money to hire some ex-east Germans to resynthesize that shit for him. :p

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
He thought he had the loophole, and for the most part he did. Except they plugged it before he got completely away with it.

Really, I'm just curious how long he had been using Turinabol prior to getting caught this time. He may have been juicing to some extent for years, and it was only when they caught him this time that it comes up. Granted, he -looked- a bit roided up for this last fight, while previously he always had a little bit extra meat on his bones and less raw muscle. Really sounds like he thought he was in the clear and USADA just changed shit up on him and he got caught because of it.

I never bought into his "redemption" shit; guy has cheated previously and done some heinous shit in his life. Doesn't stop him from being one of the best MMA fighters in history, but it does make it incredibly easy to doubt him when shit like this happens.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I trust the guy who's spent most of his career suspended for drug violations because he passed a couple tests where what he was taking wasn't even being screened for.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Lol, rember when that peon champ Saud this,

“First, T.J. has never fought at flyweight and is unlikely to make the weight, which would then eliminate the possibility of breaking the title defense record,” Johnson said. “Second, they have already told me that a fight between (bantamweight champ) Cody (Garbrandt) and I wouldn’t be sellable, so fighting T.J. would have no monetary upside.

“Third, T.J. is not a flyweight or a current champion in another weight class and was KO’d by the flyweight whom I beat twice already (John Dodson).”

source.gif

So shitty that a rematch chick fight that happened a year ago is now the main.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
One better. Fertitta's sell 5% stake after MayMac, at a 26% premium on an already overrated product in 2017.

As mentioned, the 4 billion price tag was with the Fox TV deal being worth possibly double the money to another network. Current decisions (voice of the UFC Mike Goldberg fired, failure to explore signing Mauro Ranallo in a limited capacity) and PPV trends would indicate that will absolutely not be the case. Talent has exited to Bellator that used to carry some of the overall PPV interest so the business cycle itself is winding down, as in there is unlikely to be any more top to bottom cards ever again and people are slowly realizing the latest shitcan woman isn't really worth the 60 bucks when they can't see guys who come to fight and bang (rory,mitrione,moose, fedor) because WME-IMG shit on them.

The Fox TV deal ends around the same time Dana White's contract ends. Rumor is he was kept on to help negotiate the next TV deal. This is assumed because his contract lines up with the television deal expiration date.

I think WME-IMG didn't understand the UFC's success was a miracle of very deep divisions and very dominant champions during the Golden Age. 150k buys on a top 10 Heavyweight card would have been unheard of at one point.

You will note the other mafiosi, Tillman Fertitta, was already worth both Fertitta brothers net worth combined, having purchased the Houston Rockets outright recently. When the deck is rigged in your favor, all you do is win. But you cannot discredit the business acumen in that family, regardless of how they got there.

Fertitta brothers sell remaining UFC stake to WME-IMG

Last edited:

gak

<Gold Donor>
Jesus what a snakebit PPV card.

I hope Mousasi cleans house in Bellator, was hoping the UFC would re-sign him.
Would be funny to see Macdonald and Mousasi both Bellator champs...

s.jpg

• 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Chuck Liddell could avenge the moose fiasco by taking that fight with Chael Sonnen. That would really twist a dagger into the UFC.

I can already hear Chuck's phone blowing up with Dana "WE'RE FRIENDS, DON'T TAKE THAT FIGHT!"

Goatface

i like watching DJ's fights
wonder why they just didn't throw Cejudo or Reis at him again
anyway, still don't think DJ vs TJ would have more than 150k buys

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
i like watching DJ's fights
wonder why they just didn't throw Cejudo or Reis at him again
anyway, still don't think DJ vs TJ would have more than 150k buys
I like watching DJ fight as well, but Borg had no chance against him. It irritates me that DJ refused to take the fight against TJ, and actually tried to justify it that it was a better fight. The 125 division is the thinnest in the UFC, followed closely by HW.