but i am locked out due to "insecure connection"

i am seeing reports that he could still get 6m-1y

edit
removed www from link and it works

Last edited:

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hrm, link worked fine for me.

The policy states that he has to receive the "greater" of three listed penalties for his second violation, one of which is 6 months, the other is 1/2 his previous violation's ineligibility period, and the third is double the previous violation's ineligibility period. And there's a bunch of mitigating factors that determine which one gets applied.

Personally, he's a piece of shit -and- a cheater. And there's no way he doesn't know he's cheating.

I forget if he was set at negligence/not at fault last time or not, as that would greatly reduce his sentence. He may not get the full 4 years, but he should probably get two and a few year suspension from the UFC. Make him fight in Bellator for a year or two after he clears his USADA/CSAC suspension.

Goatface

figured out the issue with USADA page

I forget if he was set at negligence/not at fault last time or not, as that would greatly reduce his sentence. .

from jones' ruling last time -
Depending on the athlete’s degree of fault for the doping offense, the sanction for an anti-doping policy violation involving Specified Substances can range from a reprimand and no period of ineligibility, up to the standard one-year period of ineligibility. Here, the MGSS Panel, comprised entirely of specially trained arbitrators from the Court of Arbitration for Sport, concluded that Jones’ degree of fault was at the very top end of the scale.

i actually thought they had ruled was only partially at fault

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've been a big Jon Jones fan since forever...Absolutely sucks and makes me not really interested in the sport as much. Someone said that him not really speaking up for himself is the most damning part of it all and I can get on board with that. Really no way around a longtime ban. Dude is the goat in my opinion so that's why it makes me not even want to watch this shit anymore.
He's GOAT in your opinion when he's a long time steroid user? He's 2/3 under USADA. Jon is just like other steroid users (Belfort, Hendricks, etc) and would not have enjoyed such a successful career to the top without being on the juice.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
retarded as always.

Hold a mirror up big boy. Ur gonna get scorched again.

"The situation in the nutritional supplement market has
worsened and the risk of inadvertent doping is increasing," said
Hans Geyer, a researcher at the Cologne Doping Control Laboratory
in Germany.

"It's absolutely catastrophic, even criminal in some cases,"
Geyer said at a three-day anti-doping symposium, organized by the
International Association of Athletics Federations.

Doping experts: Supplements spiked with steroids

ESPN posted an article, published by the Associated Press, with a study that found it in 15% of the 200+ they tested. That is not as high as another study which tested 600 supplements and found a 25% rate of steroid contamination.

If you want to suggest a lifetime ban for Jones being irresponsible for what Jones put in his body-- that's fine, and I can get behind that.

You absolutely cannot claim Jones knowingly doped at this time. That is an accusation. That is not the facts of the case.

"We don't promote the use of supplements," said Christiane
Ayotte, head of the WADA-accredited doping control laboratory in
Montreal. "But we are in a very difficult position as we are being
pressured by athletes, national organizations and federations to
help athletes choose good supplements.

"Athletes are told not to dope, to take nothing on the list. So
they say, 'Tell us what we can take."'

And WADA still hasn't stepped up and created a body to certify any supplement manufacturers 10 years later. The athlete will continue to be held responsible for contamination.

Last edited:

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"Tainted supplements" is what they all say when they get busted except for Mir. He actually admitted to it. Jones has likely been on PED's his entire career. Ban him forever.

Goatface

Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier at UFC 214 overturned to no-contest by California State Athletic Commission

appears UFC still going to wait till Jones' hearing to make their rulings

-----

The UFC announced today that Jesse Taylor (31-15 MMA, 1-1 UFC) tested positive for a banned substance stemming from an Aug. 22 out-of-competition sample, meaning he would not be able to fight Muhammad (12-2 MMA, 3-2 UFC) on Nov. 19 (airs in the U.S. on Nov. 18 due to the time difference) at Qudos Bank Arena in Sydney.

------

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

ESPN posted an article, published by the Associated Press, with a study that found it in 15% of the 200+ they tested. That is not as high as another study which tested 600 supplements and found a 25% rate of steroid contamination.

If you want to suggest a lifetime ban for Jones being irresponsible for what Jones put in his body-- that's fine, and I can get behind that.

You absolutely cannot claim Jones knowingly doped at this time. That is an accusation. That is not the facts of the case.

And WADA still hasn't stepped up and created a body to certify any supplement manufacturers 10 years later. The athlete will continue to be held responsible for contamination.

No shit, because supplements are almost all bogus anyways. The ones that "work" are the ones spiked with shit and all the athletes know that.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Never mind that, as people have noted, Turinabol is only made at underground laboratories and the odds of it getting mixed with commercial supplements are essentially 0.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
The chinese dick pill is like 50x more likely than actual supplements to have turinabol in them, because it is a straight up illegal substance. Any even remotely reputable company stateside isn't going to have that shit lying around unless they are directly telling their buyers that is the reason why it works so well. Not to mention it isn't exactly the cheapest thing in the world. You don't just walk around carrying jugs of the shit on a tightrope between two vats of Roid and Roid-Free supplements.

It's -possible- once. Then after you get caught for tainted dick pills/supplements, you know what you do? You test your shit so you don't get banned and fined again, and you only purchase from super legit above the table vendors. That, or you are already doing some shady shit.

I think Chael is on the right track with him only getting "caught" now with Turinabol. What else has he been taking that has been missed on tests?

As to Jones not knowing he was taking shit that was most likely illegal? He should get fined for being mentally challenged. He starts looking roided out of his mind at the same weight, after getting caught with tainted nonsense before, and he doesn't once ask "hey guys, this shit is legit, right?"

If he doesn't immediately fire -every- single person in his camp, then he 100% knew what he was taking. That's the only way that makes any sense whatsoever.

edit: and even then, it will look like the coverup of guilty man. But at least the coverup of a guilty man trying to distance himself from a problem.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
"Tainted supplements" is what they all say when they get busted except for Mir. He actually admitted to it. Jones has likely been on PED's his entire career. Ban him forever.
Chael also admits to it, I think it was doctor prescribed test.

• 1Like

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
Isn't Turinabol illegal also? Big difference between a banned substance / something that's illegal. No way that shit got put in a "tainted supplement". Not really surprised on Jesse Taylor. Dude was built like a brick shit house and I was surprised he could even make 170lbs. Still sad though. So much for redemption story and sucks for Dhiego Lima since I'm sure Jesse was on something when they fought.

edit: Make a post and 2 more pop up before I post lol. Rezz pretty much confirmed my thoughts on turinabol being illegal though.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande

I dunno, dude. Someone has posted in this thread like 19 times claiming it's literally impossible for this to happen. I think those articles are fake news.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's totally possible. If that -is- the reason? Then he's legitimately retarded and has learned zero from his previous experiences. And his team is retarded or at best complicit due to the same reason.

Could his supplements have been "tainted?" Sure. If he was buying from some weird ass black market place outside of the USA that has Turinabol as being legal. Turinabol is not legal in the USA. So he was getting supplements made in foreign countries, when he -knows- that shit will pop on his pee test.

So look into the mind of someone who knows they are potentially using tainted supplements.
Do I take the supplement and just hope nothing shows up? - This is being super retarded, especially after being caught for the same f'n thing.
Do I take the supplement and claim ignorance? - This means -you- are retarded, and your team is retarded, and everyone around you is an absolute moron. Don't take untested shit, especially when it has gotten you into trouble before.
Should I take this and not hope to gain a competitive advantage? - You're an idiot for taking supplements that you haven't screened and you should be punished as the retard you are.

There's basically zero reason why Jon Jones, who has already been in trouble once, should take questionable supplements. The only reason he would take questionable supplements is to gain a competitive advantage. If he wasn't trying to obtain a competitive advantage, he wouldn't be taking questionable supplements. Thus, Jon Jones knew what he was taking was questionable and he was willing to roll the dice (in an absolute best case scenario) that the shit he was taking, that made him look like Roid-Vitor, was totally legit.

Guy is either literally a retard and shouldn't be fighting period, or he's a cheater who knew what he was doing and shouldn't be allowed to compete until he has definitely proven that this is not how he operates. 4+ years is a good start.

Edit - to make it clear, this is Turinabol. This is not just "some steroid" that studies have shown occasionally shows up in legit supplements. This is an illegal anabolic that is not used in any supplement in the country legally. He wasn't caught for over the counter shit. He was caught for using a substance that you would have to intentionally go outside the US in order to obtain. And given his track record, that makes it not only suspect but incredibly unlikely unless he was bent on cheating.

My money is he was bent on cheating.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users