MMA Thread

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Everything hinges on the TV deal to recoup their investment. Weren't they looking for something like 4 billion or some insane amount?

It had to be 400 million right? Because wasn't the Fox deal 200 million?

I think it was 200 flat. I used to have the numbers on the Spike deals and the Fox deal off the top of my head.

The real question is whats up with the New Years card UFC219 right now? TV deal revenue, sure thing. But damn the PPV model is hurting this year. Where the fuck are all the fighters? They can't get Stipe on there?

Stipe and push Anderson back to UFC219 would make a lot of sense. Or pay Diaz his money. There was a time when all 3 of those things would be done to make a New Years smash... They are probably deathly afraid of the thought of Anderson having to undergo an additional 30 days of USADA testing.

I haven't been following it to much since the exclusive fox negotiating period ended but 4 billion for a TV deal is definitely pure insanity. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Showtime tried to get UFC tbh. They seemed to enjoy working with them for the Mac / Mayweather fight and it would lead to a lot more UFC champ and boxing cross overs I bet with both UFC and Showtime just pulling in all the $$$.

Yep I would bet Showtime is one of the bidders. Fox broadcasting is sucky, gives you that used car lot cheapo vibe. The NFL thing doesn't work and Fox tried to shoehorn it onto the UFC. Showtime's boxing vibe is so much more professional, crisp, clean-- and their commentators/journalists kick all kinds of ass as we saw in the Mayweather-Conor production.

I know this is blasphemy in some circles but I'll say it. Karyn Bryant's voice is grating these days. But what is the alternative, Showtime can't exactly provide the UFC a TV station for its post-fight show is my understanding. Is that accurate? So we would possibly lose the post-fight show and it would become a webcast.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
Nope I agree 100% about Karyn Bryant but I've always felt that way. You're right about Showtime not being able to do a post fight show via public TV and it would more than likely end up on UFC's fight pass or something like that. Which would kind of suck. I suppose it could land on a site like Youtube or something but yeah, would basically end up as webcast.

Goatface

Showtime is owned by CBS, which has the CBS Sports Network and their newish streaming service
also owned 50% of the CW, don't know if that would factor in

Where the fuck are all the fighters? They can't get Stipe on there?

did they redo Stipe's contract? is he still pissed about making less than Hunt and Overeem?

still think UFC are holding out for Cain

WME-IMG group is now Endeavor
not a business person, but there was something about them getting an billion $ investment
and talk of them buying out their partners shares of UFC or something, hell if know :)

Goatface

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/10...know-how-i-got-it-off-i-dont-know-where-i-was
Don't see how it could be worth that much.
----

Morning Report: Kevin Lee on UFC 216 weight cut

“That last hour that I had to cut that extra pound, I don’t even know how I got it off. I don’t know where I was. Your mind just doesn’t want to work when you’re in those kind of states. . .

“Like I said, I don’t even remember much. I don’t really know. I was kind of out of it and I just left it up to my coaches and they got the job done."

-----

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier expects to defend his title in early 2018, facing upstart Volkan Oezdemir in his first challenge since being re-crowned as the titleholder.

-----

Shano

Haven't really watched Volkan that much but from the little bit I have seen dude looks a beast. Pretty pumped to see him vs DC. Think he could give DC a run for his money. Anyone know how good is wrestling is? If he's got good TD I could see him taking DC out.

Shano

Man Bigfoot really went downhill super fast after that whole TRT debacle against Mark Hunt. I mean he was never really amazing before but he wasn't *that* bad. Dude should either just retire at this point or get back on the juice.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Looked like a boob shot, a Misha tate woulda spewing enough silicon for a new pentium 9

I heard Gina Carano got the "sport model" implants back in the day. Getting DD implants was a reason why purists couldn't take her fight career seriously.

Made a whole mockery out of her inability to make weight.

Gina Carano.jpg

Worried about Cat Zingano though, her being a stripper, I doubt she exercised her options.

Last edited:
  • 1Barf

Shano

Miesha does indeed have a fine booty ... O_O. Still remember that .gif when she was fighting Ronda (I think?) in Strikeforce and rolled over and her booty bounced quite nicely lol.

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Miesha does indeed have a fine booty ... O_O. Still remember that .gif when she was fighting Ronda (I think?) in Strikeforce and rolled over and her booty bounced quite nicely lol.

Last edited:
  • 1Like