MMA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'd like to think Cain is only legitimate HW threat for Stipe. I'd say he definitely has the better gas tank. Stipe is a gritty dude though and he stays healthy. Both the same age. I'd give DC and JJ a good shot at beating Stipe as well, but DC isn't going to do that as long as Cain is around and JJ can't stop losing to JJ.
Cain will never fight for the title, ever

b/c Cain doesn't deserve a title fight coming back after two years whom his last fight was worthless Browne.

So Cain needs to have one or two fights before he can ask for a title fight, and before that happens he'll fucking be
body-cast-man.jpg

So DC v. Stipe is the only fight for the fat division atm

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Made a pretty penny on Stipe. The money odds were just too damn good. My buddy was in Vegas, he thought it was a good bet. Then Sunday he calls me to tell me he has my winnings, and got too scared to put any on it himself. Lol

I still havent even watched it.

Overeem really seems out of it mentally, I watched his past few fights, and he isnt even throwing punches anymore. Pretty sure the guy doesnt want to be in there, and is just cashing in his name brand as a gatekeeper. I put zero weight on anyone beating him anymore.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I still havent even watched it.
remember big vign rhames? yup thats the gist of it

for stats, R4, stipe landed 82 strikes francais did a donut
gimp.jpg

rounds 2/3/4 Stipe just easily took him down and layed on top of him. At one point, Stipe got up, spun around, and while Francais was still on the ground, Stipe just decided to get back on top of him.

It was pathetic, Stipe didn't even have to "survive" the first round, b/c francais was gassed inside of 2mins when Stipe just ducked every overhand right

• 1Worf

Goatface

Cain coach says he thinks should get title fight or Werdum
also made a point to say that he didn't know what Cain wants

wonder if Ngannou will fall below Cain in the rankings, he went from 4 to #1

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i mean as fans, we all just want either
stipe v. cain
stipe v. dc

so i'd be cool w/ cain just getting a title fight against stipe, since he's fucking made out of Mexican glass

look, you can get a sangria set
mexican-pebbled-glass-group-sm.jpg

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I like Stipe - D.C a lot.

Cain - Overeem for eliminator would be even nicer... Could have used some guys like Country, Mitrione, Mir to buffer these contenders.

Speaking of contenders....Ben Rothwell was on the rise after knocking Overeem out, and JDS could only decision him to snap his streak. I think Rothwell had a lot more to show us. What the fuck happened to that guy--he popped again? fucking A this USADA shit sucks.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I like Stipe - D.C a lot.

Cain - Overeem for eliminator would be even nicer... Could have used some guys like Country, Mitrione, Mir to buffer these contenders.

Speaking of contenders....Ben Rothwell was on the rise after knocking Overeem out, and JDS could only decision him to snap his streak. I think Rothwell had a lot more to show us. What the fuck happened to that guy--he popped again? fucking A this USADA shit sucks.
yea but his decision lost was a horrible freak show, he had that ko, and the back to back gogo chokes, then he looked horriable against jds and popped, so he's like bellator material?

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Wouldnt that be the same match we just witnessed?

Ngannou need to do the same thing Derrick Lewis needs to do, leave his current coaches and gym and go somewhere that will challenge/imrpove him.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Wouldnt that be the same match we just witnessed?

Ngannou need to do the same thing Derrick Lewis needs to do, leave his current coaches and gym and go somewhere that will challenge/imrpove him.
And stop goin to that shitty ufc performance institute, they were ooglin him like the black ivan drogo, when we know all commies suck dick

Francais punch hard!!!

Then you find out that idiot dindu nuffin for four weeks

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I wonder if this is the girl that will eventually beat Cyborg. At least that is what my Vegas friends are saying.

Arlene

She has lost to this chick, but my friends say Arlene matches up better with Cyborg.

Julia

• 1Cutler

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Lol, biggest fight in his career, he goes on vacation. He needs better team and coaches to make better decisions for him.

Yeah. Short turnaround from his last fight - why not skip camp, not train, and lose all your fitness when getting a title shot? Dude is a physical specimen and HW is a place where you can get away without a high fight IQ, but Stipe did whatever he wanted. The final score, 50-44, should have been worse (I'd like to have seen 50-42 and 50-41, but hey).

Boring card didn't deliver - wrestlers aren't entertaining to watch and the two at the top of the card man-handled their opponents.

The weight stuff coming out of CA is garbage. Silent sanctions so they can't compete again in the state? As long as Khabib can go fight in NY, Russia, and Vegas he's going to walk around at 205 and then cut down to 155. State-by-state regulation on this is garbage, the UFC ought to lead and not hide behind their performance institute "we can show you how to cut weight" baloney. No one at the top cares about fighting in CA and as the only results are you might not be able to fight in that weight class in the future, shit is toothless at the top end of the sport.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I don't think Ngannou's cardio would have improved very much during his vacation if he were to stay back and train just cardio instead. Maybe I'm wrong, but to condition yourself with that much muscle mass is not a simple fix that will take place over a few weeks. He has some very serious work to do that will take a lot of time to get to where a lot of people were hoping he'd be at. That's a 6-12 month regiment at the very least to improve with really minimal improvements to his cardio to show for it. It's gonna take this guy 18 months to 2 years to really be a danger for several rounds and that's ONLY if he does it the right way. Otherwise it's just gonna be a big guy that wants to knock people out but can't because time caught up to him and now he's too slow and inconsistent. I was hoping Ngannou would be the guy but glad I was wrong. Now he has something to prove and we get to guess if he will improve or not. Stipe will not be the only guy that pushes him moving forward.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Boring card didn't deliver - wrestlers aren't entertaining to watch and the two at the top of the card man-handled their opponents.

I like that fighting style personally, because it is a display of total dominance as long as they one on top stays busy with punches. I really enjoy when the ground game gets some high level BJJ in the mix, that shit is really exciting to me. I understand what you mean the average fan will think that is boring.

I don't think Ngannou's cardio would have improved very much during his vacation if he were to stay back and train just cardio instead. Maybe I'm wrong, but to condition yourself with that much muscle mass is not a simple fix that will take place over a few weeks. He has some very serious work to do that will take a lot of time to get to where a lot of people were hoping he'd be at. That's a 6-12 month regiment at the very least to improve with really minimal improvements to his cardio to show for it. It's gonna take this guy 18 months to 2 years to really be a danger for several rounds and that's ONLY if he does it the right way. Otherwise it's just gonna be a big guy that wants to knock people out but can't because time caught up to him and now he's too slow and inconsistent. I was hoping Ngannou would be the guy but glad I was wrong. Now he has something to prove and we get to guess if he will improve or not. Stipe will not be the only guy that pushes him moving forward.

I think you are right, I think he has something to prove now. He went from homeless to this American Fat Cat Style Life, he thought he had it made. I thought he was very classy in defeat and I was impressed that he stuck around to pay respects. I hope he turns into something that we can get excited about for real instead of UFC Promo Hype.