MMA Thread

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The way Khabib holds his chin makes me skeptical he can stand with Conor. If he can get Conor down the fight is his though.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Conor's obliteration of Aldo says he is a top level striker. There is no denying that. You can't put a fight or two in a vacuum then try to quantify a guys power based on a handful of poor/mediocre results, the same goes for proving he does.

But if you take into account what he has done in the UFC you can't say he doesn't have a certain level of explosiveness in that division where he can sleep you instantly.

I think McGregor could spark Khabib if he landed the right punch at the right time. You never know. His KO of Aldo doesn't happen again like that 9 times out of 10. But it did.

And didn't he decision Diaz pretty convincingly in their rematch?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
And didn't he decision Diaz pretty convincingly in their rematch?
He started out by totally clowning him, and then faded quickly mid 2nd round, was worthless in the 3rd, then came back pretty strong in the 4th and 5th. However, I believe it was a majority decision, not unanimous.

• 1Trump
Reactions: 1 user

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
The way Khabib holds his chin makes me skeptical he can stand with Conor. If he can get Conor down the fight is his though.

Khabib can't out-score Conor standing up, even if he avoids getting knocked out. On the feet, Conor's far superior. When Khabib takes him down, and make no mistake Khabib will take him down, Conor will look little different than Barbosa. Every ring of the bell would end Khabib's mauling of Conor, it would be a violent spectacle.

Can Khabib weather the punches and land a takedown? Will Conor survive to the end of the round to give it another try?

This script writes itself as one of the style-vs-style matches of yore. I just hope Conor cleans up his act to make this happen.

No one is talking about Max Halloway, but I'm going to go out on a limb and predict the kid is done. He's phenomenally talented but he won't be able to make 145 much longer and he doesn't matchup with the top guys at 155. In no world does Max Halloway beat Khabib, Tony, or Conor. Seeing him fight Alvarez or Gaethje would be great fun though.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Max probably won't even beat Ortega. If Ortega improves his striking, and it seems to be improving, there is not reason to count him out of the picture. But then again, Max has looked great in his last few fights. Whose to say he couldn't compete at 155 now. He's young and he's learned a lot since his loss to Conor, but I think Conor tore his ACL or some shit in that fight. I don't remember exactly. But Max has looked good at 145. T-City seems to be the next guy there and he doesn't seems to be small at 145 so don't count him out.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

damn
how about don't be an asshole and wear sunglasses inside a building and you might see the huge fucking wire on the floor, so you don't trip like a retard and give your belt to Khabib for defeating the 11th ranked guy who fought once in 3 years.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
how about don't be an asshole and wear sunglasses inside a building

That, plus capitalizing every word he tweets, plus his drunken tirade on TUF make Tony forever unlikable for me. I hope he gets smashed in every fight.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Max probably won't even beat Ortega. If Ortega improves his striking, and it seems to be improving, there is not reason to count him out of the picture. But then again, Max has looked great in his last few fights. Whose to say he couldn't compete at 155 now. He's young and he's learned a lot since his loss to Conor, but I think Conor tore his ACL or some shit in that fight. I don't remember exactly. But Max has looked good at 145. T-City seems to be the next guy there and he doesn't seems to be small at 145 so don't count him out.

Ortega has potential, though I don't know if he's there yet.

Max has looked great in his last few fights but the style of the top guys at 155 make them unfavorable matchups. Dude made it to the top of 145 while he was young, light, and able to cut like a madman but as he ages that's not a sustainable weight. He has the talent to compete at 155 but he's in for a long journey before he might make it to the top again.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Three eye gouges tonight. Awesome.

Not sure anyone can look good standing against Gaethje, but Poirier battled hard, got through the pain, and won.

Gaethje continues to display a stubbornness about his style. After two losses in a row, will he change now?

Eddie has one fight left on his contract and I think we might see that leverage applied. Alvarez and Poirier both are deserving to be Khabib's next opponent. I don't think either of these guys wants to fight Barbosa next. I predict Eddie swallows his pride in contract negotiations – he takes whatever concessions are necessary to get that Khabib fight booked. If he thinks he can beat Khabib, and I think he does, you make back whatever $ in getting that belt back.

Tons of great fights to make in this division with a lot of these guys not having fought each other. Returns of Cowboy and Diaz (we hope) to the division makes this all the more fun.

Stylebender seemed flat tonight. Dude should take a break before his next fight.

Fedor

<Banned>
jnsz9iwxhdr01.jpg

aB9v4Jm.jpg

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Man I was quite disappointed with Israel Adesanya's performance. Any top 10 guy should be able to take him out after seeing that performance. Derek Brunson is a pretty good crazy striker but he also has a bad ass wrestling base and he's still ranked in the top 10. Maybe that's the fight to make next. But Adesanya needs to work on some major holes in his game when it comes to the ground. You can't talk that much shit and look that trash on the ground.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
The card this weekend is actually pretty good. I got Barboza, Swanson, Willis, Branch, Sterling, and Hooker . A little surprised Cummins is the first fight on the televised prelims. He has seemed to be doing alright as of late and having pretty fun fights to watch.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
New season of TUF starts in 10 mins. Everyone is undefeated on the show. I like this narrative and this will be the first TUF I've watch in a very long time.

• 1Like

Goatface

think i quit watching during the season with ronda

violent bob ross that made me lol

seeing cain surprised me

edit #3
lol what a fight

Last edited:

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
DC is a new head coach for HS wrastling. Lucky bunch of kids. Wonder if he'll be stepping back from broadcasting?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
224 looks like a real snoozer, when's the next hype card?
225 I would guess. Looking forward to seeing Whitaker back in the cage.

I suppose some people are excited about Colby Covington as well, but I find that guy to be an insufferable douche.

Goatface

the main cards until 225 don't look that great to me, maybe like 4 fights in all i care about
hopefully will be some surprises

-
Gustafsson just signed new contract and says will be fighting soon

don't see anything about jon jones.
sorta surprising after hearing his manger/coach/agent talking about usada part would also been done in march.

• 1Like