MMA Thread

Fedor

<Banned>
ipBczNFJKzyF9.gif

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I didn't even see that shit last night. I will tell you that everyone crowded round the tv we were watching it on when those two started fighting though. Not sure what it is about women fighting but people flock to it. I'll probably get some hate here but idgaf...that was close to fight of the night for me.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here comes Strikeforce, 4/20/13 UFC on Fox.

Main Card
Henderson vs Melendez
Mir vs Cormier
Diaz vs Thomson
Brown vs Mein
Carmont vs Larkin

Prelims
Mendes vs Elkins
Parke vs Tuck
Nijem vs Jury
Benavidez vs Uyenoyama
Means vs Masvidal
Dillashaw vs Viana
Njokuani vs Bowling
Starks vs Romero

This card doesn't have the star power the last Fox card had, but the fights have the potential to be as good. I have never been a fan of Gilbert Melendez and Benson has looked so dominant in the last year, I just can't see Melendez doing much in that fight. Love to see Matt Brown getting a prime time spot once again. The guy deserves it and has a life great story they could feature as well.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have never been a fan of Gilbert Melendez and Benson has looked so dominant in the last year, I just can't see Melendez doing much in that fight.
I'm picking Bendo, but I'd say Melendez has as much of a chance against him as anyone else right now. He's got the wrestling obviously, but his striking has really improved over the last 2 years. If Bendo works the leg kicks a lot early he can dominate, but that's never a given.

I like the way they set this card up. Fox cards are always top heavy, but after the 3 big fights they went and scheduled a bunch of fights that should be guaranteed fireworks. Brown on the main card is a huge reward for the guy. Should be an amazing fight, as usual with him.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well that fuckin sucks. I guess Herb Dean should be getting as much work as he wants now.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
"warehouse owned by Rosenthal and an associate that contained 1,356 marijuana plants, "

holy shit. I wonder if he was only tangentally involved with it.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
So Mousasi is thinking of a drop to middleweight. Where do you guys think he fits in best? I think he might be best at middleweight, but he's got wins over LHWs and HWs. As long as its on the lighter end of the spectrum I think he can be a contender. Hard to say without seeing him against some top 10 talent that the UFC has to offer though.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
As far as I can tell, Mousasi's biggest issues are with good wrestlers who are bigger and stronger than him. Dropping down to 185 would make it alot easier to deal with that kind of threat.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He started at MW, look up his run through the Dream MW GP if you haven't seen it. Good shit. Immediately after he moved to LHW saying his body was still growing and making 185 was just not possible much longer.

Obviously he's realized that he's just not strong enough to control these guys like he'd like to. Really not sure how he'll do in the UFC at 185. We haven't seen him fighting elite guys enough to truly judge. He SHOULD do well, but I haven't seen anything to prove he can avoid the wrestling of your Sonnen, Weidman, and Okami types. He hasn't fought a truly elite guy since the aforementioned MW GP, and that shit was 5 years ago. Anyone pretending they know for a fact how he'll do is full of shit.