MMA Thread

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yep conor punched first there too so fuck all the faggots in here with their worfs. Del and Ameraves are fucking retarded
Yes, I am fucking retarded because I asked you for a link to the video of Conor swinging first, because I was genuinely curious. You couldn't provide one, and said the one that Fedor posted showed it, which it absolutely did not. Then you even backtracked and said they swung at the same time because guess what, that is what the video showed. And now a new video comes out and it absolutely shows Conor taking a swing at that guy first.

Stop being such a douche about it. If you had proof that Conor swung first, just show it. That is all I was asking for. I didn't believe for a second that it was out of the realm of possibility that Conor took a swing first, but up until that time there was no video that showed it.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

vGrade

Potato del Grande
Yes, I am fucking retarded because I asked you for a link to the video of Conor swinging first, because I was genuinely curious. You couldn't provide one, and said the one that Fedor posted showed it, which it absolutely did not. Then you even backtracked and said they swung at the same time because guess what, that is what the video showed. And now a new video comes out and it absolutely shows Conor taking a swing at that guy first.

Stop being such a douche about it. If you had proof that Conor swung first, just show it. That is all I was asking for. I didn't believe for a second that it was out of the realm of possibility that Conor took a swing first, but up until that time there was no video that showed it.
There was but I didn't know how to link a twitter video. If you looked you can see I edited my post because I couldn't make it work

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
There was but I didn't know how to link a twitter video. If you looked you can see I edited my post because I couldn't make it work
All you have to do is grab the entire Twitter link and put it in the reply box, and it automatically pulls it in. Just for future reference.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I mean, with regards to the fight itself, it was a slaughter. McGregor wasn't even close to winning a single round. He looked gassed by the second pretty much. Khabib dominated that to such a degree that if it wasn't McGregor in question i wouldn't even consider talking about any sort of rematch - it was that lopsided.

And i think that's the part that disappointed me the most. Dude talked soooooo much shit and then basically got hardcore stomped on.

I thought Conor won the 3rd round, although they were both pretty gassed that round and Khabib seemed to get a 2nd wind in the 4th.

• 1Like

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I had a crazy ex-wife throw a folding chair at my car while I was inside it before.

So at the next family event, I jumped the fence and punched her father several times in the face.

The cops showed up and were like, "I can't arrest him for hitting your father; his daughter threw that chair that time he was in that car. Fair's fair."

When everyone at the family event got mad at me, I pointed out how unfair it was because the daughter started it. Everyone was immediately blown away, and realized how right I was, and now are no longer angry at me.

DO YOU SEE HOW GOD DAMN STUPID THIS STORY SOUNDS?

• 5Worf
  • 2Seriously?
Reactions: 6 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
the pettis v ferguson fight made all the shit after not matter. hell of a fight.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
Even though Conor seemed to win round 3 from the stats, he lost it from the technical standpoint on that he got played. Every punch he threw, every move he made was Khabib fishing him into a takedown. Good on Conor for stuffing three attempts, but he wasn’t in control at all. Khabib had Conor’s tempo and timing pretty much figured out, just can’t always get out of the way of Conor’s reach.

Add to the fact that early on Conor landed some of his cleanest punches of the fight and didn’t even faze Khabib. There’s a lot left to think about when it comes to who can challenge Khabib. Specially considering that Khabib said he wants GSP mega fight or he’s done with the UFC.

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Even though Conor seemed to win round 3 from the stats, he lost it from the technical standpoint on that he got played. Every punch he threw, every move he made was Khabib fishing him into a takedown. Good on Conor for stuffing three attempts, but he wasn’t in control at all. Khabib had Conor’s tempo and timing pretty much figured out, just can’t always get out of the way of Conor’s reach.

Add to the fact that early on Conor landed some of his cleanest punches of the fight and didn’t even faze Khabib. There’s a lot left to think about when it comes to who can challenge Khabib. Specially considering that Khabib said he wants GSP mega fight or he’s done with the UFC.

I didn't think any of the shots Conor landed were all that clean in that round. They were certainly lacking in power. I'm not sure I totally agree with Khabib being fully in control, or that he had Conor's timing down that round. Both guys were very gassed in Round 3 after the last couple minutes of Round 2. Conor was way too casual in his stand up for the first two rounds...by the time he actually looked like he had a few openings in round 3, he didn't have the gas tank to do any damage with them. Other than that Khabib would just get him down and keep him there.

Felt Conor gassing (again) beat him more than any actual damage sustained from Khabib (who should have done a lot more damage at end of Round 2, but kept not landing cleanly some potential monster shots). But he has zero plan to actually give Khabib a real fight in any potential rematch...unless he either improves his cardio (seems like he tries but he just has a limit), or is a lot more focused when standing up the first two rounds before he runs out of gas. Otherwise we'll just get the exact same fight again, and could end even sooner if Khabib actually manages to do more damage earlier (although forcing Conor to be full defense on the ground is still a win for Khabib by far, even if he wasn't able to do as much damage as he liked).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Delly

Trakanon Raider
The judges gave round 3 to Conor, so Conor did in fact win a round. Regardless of what we all thought the only thing that matters is what the judges think.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
I thought Conor won the 3rd round, although they were both pretty gassed that round and Khabib seemed to get a 2nd wind in the 4th.
Khabib gassed in the 3rd because there were 2 instances that Khabib should have won in the second round. Khabib had a high chance of submitting Conor if Conor didn't cheat by grabbing the cage with his toes, and Herb Dean should have stopped the fight during the GnP. Conor wasn't even blocking some of the shots Khabib was throwing.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider

Watch the video I posted. Conor swung first. It doesn't excuse Khabib's friends for punching Conor, but none of them are innocent.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Watch the video I posted. Conor swung first. It doesn't excuse Khabib's friends for punching Conor, but none of them are innocent.
Yup, I saw it and even admitted that in my post that you just quoted...

At the time of posting all of this back and forth last night, that video was not yet up. That's all.

fris

Vyemm Raider
y'all suck at arguing :)

@ 0:14 Khabib jumps the fence
@ 0:20 Conor climbs the fence but doesn't make it over, looks like security is holding him back
@ 0:23 guy in black shirt climbs the fence right next to Conor, swivels towards coner
@ 0:24 Conor swings at guy in black shirt
@ 0:25 guy in black shirt hammer fists back at a falling Conor twice
@ 0:32 2nd guy in black shirt jumps into cage
@ 0:36 guy in red shirt jumps into cage
@ 0:39 2nd guy in black shirt swigs at Conor, they're facing each other
@ 0:40 guy in red shirt swings multiple times at Conor from behind Conor

then there's about 3x as many in the cage keeping everyone apart

Conor sees Khabib attack his 'mates', climbs cage to help, is confronted by one of Khabib's corner team so Conor swings

Khabib escalates the situation outside the cage, Conor escalates it inside, they'll both be massively fined and we'll see a rematch in Brazil :)

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Best fighter in the UFC confirmed a bitch who can't handle some words. This forum is all about talking about the pussification of people, this is it. Khabib should fuck off to Russia and stay with his gang of idiots. Conor talks his shit because it makes them all money, even Khabib.

Regarding the fight, I expected a snoozefest and its mostly what I got. First two rounds were very technical and boring except the 30 seconds of KhabibSMASH. Conor actually took a round off Khabib (round 3) according to the judges which I think is the first round Khabib ever lost in the UFC.

It's hilarious to see people freak out about Conor's antics when it's the only thing that makes UFC fighters legitimate money. LIKE HOLY SHIT WOW CONOR, WOW FUCKING MEAN GUY WOW. Naive people.

• 3Like

Fedor

<Banned>
All this because some grown men were upset someone made fun of their dumb religion.

even in the post fight press conference khabib was asking why people were so mad at him and not conor's comments about his religion

• 3Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
It's hilarious to see people freak out about Conor's antics when it's the only thing that makes UFC fighters legitimate money. LIKE HOLY SHIT WOW CONOR, WOW FUCKING MEAN GUY WOW. Naive people.

Only way for it to end is for them to stop rewarding fighters for it.

Dana is a promoter. Meaning he's going to act innocent and let people act like fools for as long as possible because it sells fights. But then when it (predictably) goes south, Dana is the first one you'll see on-camera talking about how it's the 'worst thing I've ever seen' or that it's 'disgusting'.

Dana didn't even want to be caught talking about any UFC punishment to Khabib; he just wanted to talk about the NSAC. And of course he did that, because he then just gets to sit back and count the money they made while letting the NSAC handle it.

Remember UFC 113 and Paul Daley? Dana sang a very different tune. Probably because Daley hadn't just successfully defended a belt.