MMA Thread

Fedor

<Banned>
JFmvdAB.jpg

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I didn't think Conor would be able to defend for 5 entire rounds and Khabib would end up catching him somehow, either that, or Conor would tag him early, swarm and end it in Rds 1 or 2. A decision after 5 just seemed really optimistic. EDIT: What Gav said

To be fair to Conor, he did better defending than I thought he would. I also think his attempt at moving forward and striking was a decent plan. I don't think he wanted to just run away backwards only to have Khabib chase him down anyways, and have worse offense due to being on his heels constantly. Not to mention, creating space and blunting attempts by Khabib to close with him.

It was just a bad matchup for him. I'd much rather watch Conor vs another striker than Conor vs. Khabib. The odd thing is, I have to give credit to Conor because he had to have known how bad of a matchup it was for him.

Also LOL @ Conor actually having won the mental game, but boy did that not turn out how he probably would have liked.
if you break it down round by round

conor had great defense in round1, khabib shot like 30s in and conor defended really well

i think conor got got w/ that haymaker and it fucked him up after that. but you could see the huge decline rounds 2 and 3, one of em khabib even got a 10-8 (he usually does).

This was actually the worst khabib has fared so far. He looked great against mj and barboza, laquinta was just a dumb fight.

But against conor, he wasn't actually pounding meat like he usually does.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jive Turkey

Karen
I also think his attempt at moving forward and striking was a decent plan. I don't think he wanted to just run away backwards only to have Khabib chase him down anyways, and have worse offense due to being on his heels constantly. Not to mention, creating space and blunting attempts by Khabib to close with him.

I think moving forward was what made him look so out of sorts. That's not his game. He's always been a counter puncher. He looks much more comfortable on the outside, waiting to see what his opponent is going to do, then countering them. His offence has always been on his heels. If there's a rematch, I bet we see him go back to that style and I bet it's more effective for him

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Conor came forward a good bit against Alvarez, as well. More stalking in nature, but he definitely wasn't on his heels the whole fight.

Jive Turkey

Karen
He's only a pressure fighter when he smells blood. Otherwise he sits back out of range and throws counters or quick in and outs

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Funny thing is that Khabib's primitive sand-wakandan post-fight antics have made a lot of people totally gloss over Conor cheating like crazy and still getting spanked.

Merrith

I need to go back and rewatch to see this extreme level of cheating. Seems like any fighter ends up against the cage he/she is illegally grabbing the fence to some degree. I loved how it was brought up to Cruz and all he said was "veteran move". Sounds like when we point out there's holding on every play in the NFL.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Conor already wants an "immediate" rematch. Doubt that'll be happening anytime soon, maybe if its not in the US. Khabib camp already say they want record money and more than Conor.

Goatface

damn, dana saying NSAC is looking at take Khabib's total purse ($2m) and around 6 month suspension
also from dana, 229 did over 2million buys

Merrith

Conor already wants an "immediate" rematch. Doubt that'll be happening anytime soon, maybe if its not in the US. Khabib camp already say they want record money and more than Conor.

Fuck no on immediate rematch. We need to finally see Khabib v. Ferguson.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

apparently Dana like Conor - Ferguson

i bet they will strip Khabib and make it a title fight

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I have zero want to see a rematch. Khabib v. Ferguson sounds way better to me.

Merrith

I have zero want to see a rematch. Khabib v. Ferguson sounds way better to me.

I'd still watch a rematch, but no way does he deserve an immediate one. Not that I think it would have mattered, but was pretty dumb in my opinion to fight Khabib first fight back in 2 years. Go back to the middle/bottom of the line and beat a few other guys. I'd watch Conor v. Pettis at some point.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I need to go back and rewatch to see this extreme level of cheating. Seems like any fighter ends up against the cage he/she is illegally grabbing the fence to some degree. I loved how it was brought up to Cruz and all he said was "veteran move". Sounds like when we point out there's holding on every play in the NFL.
goatface already put up a collage