MMA Thread

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
even in the post fight press conference khabib was asking why people were so mad at him and not conor's comments about his religion
I don't think he gets it.

A Muslim thinks insults against Islam justify acts of violent retribution? WHO KNEW?

• 7Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Del

Vyemm Raider
Yep conor punched first there too so fuck all the faggots in here with their worfs. Del and Ameraves are fucking retarded
That's some high purity salt when not only do you name drop me because I cutler'd a single post of yours, but you also go through my post history to salt me on posts I made like a year ago. This is how you spend your weekends. LMAO

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
  • 2Salty
Reactions: 8 users

Fedor

<Banned>
/r/mma is filled with a bunch of liberal faggots who consider conor's comments "hate speech" and they automatically defend muslims

they're also angry about nik lentz' and black beast's political comments from yesterday

Matt Damon Chooses UFC 229 Over Playing Kavanaugh on 'SNL'

UFC fighter Nik Lentz congratulates 'homie' Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh after match win

xYUQ2z2.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
People are overcomplicating this.

Conor and his crew went hard after Khabib's camp, assaulting the bus, shit talking his dad, cutting up one of their boy's (lawsuit pending), triggering a police investigation etc.

I mean shit, scores are settled in hockey and other leagues, forget combat-fucking-fighting. There was going to be a response, whether it was also before the fight or after, shouldn't really matter. Thuggery begets thuggery. If Dana and his masters treat Khabib's camp any differently than they did Conor's (i.e. basically no response), then it's pure hypocrisy.

The only thing that actually counts is that Khabib made Conor look silly in the ring, to the extent that I'm not even sure what the point of a rematch is.

• 2Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
People are overcomplicating this.

Conor and his crew went hard after Khabib's camp, assaulting the bus, shit talking his dad, cutting up one of their boy's (lawsuit pending), triggering a police investigation etc.

Khabib started it all when him and 10 of his sausagefest crew cornered and tried to intimidate Lobov while he was alone in a hotel

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Goatface

Dana did tell Khabib he would get a fight in Russia after Conor
could he do that if suspended by NSAC? ;)

=

the amount of times Conor grabbed the fence was silly
didn't see him grabbing Khabib's gloves, will have to watch it again.

Looks like McTapper's cornerman was talking mad shit prior to Kabib jumping out, wondering if he was talking shit during the fight cause Kabib looked and seemed to talk to Conor's corner a few times.

is there any audio of this? keep wondering what going on.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
this isn't a street fight, there are special rules when a sanctioned fight takes place. The commissions deem the ring a holy place.

Now khabib going all suicide bomber, jumping out the ring, ok fuck him, he gets no circle of protection.

Conor however was STILL in the circle of protection, so WHAT if he threw first? he's the only one allowed to throw down, and OUTSIDERS are invading his circle of protection.

The fighter, while under the circle of protection ALWAYS wins.

Like previously stated, Werdum front kicked Edmund, a trainer, yea Werdum kicked first, Edmund attacked verbally, they only got a verbal warning. Why? Werdum is still under the circle of protection.

Of course the only OTHER person protected is the ref, for instance big country vs. big john.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
didn't see him grabbing Khabib's gloves, will have to watch it again.

Hands in fence, toes in fence, grabbing gloves, illegal knee to the head. Herb Dean blind as a fucking bat. The only thing I saw him warn Conor about was an elbow to the back of the head that legitimately could have been an accident.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Dana confirms he saw athletic inspectors/staff and LVMPD getting punched. I said I saw at least 1 of each get punched live, so with Dana's confirmation this isn't a case of me seeing a mirage due to dehydration.

Name another sport where police officers are swung on because someone threw a chair at your bus a few months ago.

Timestamped the moment of testimony.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Dana confirms he saw athletic inspectors/staff and LVMPD getting punched. I said I saw at least 1 of each get punched live, so with Dana's confirmation this isn't a case of me seeing a mirage due to dehydration.

Name another sport where police officers are swung on because someone threw a chair at your bus a few months ago.

Timestamped the moment of testimony.

Soccer? Yup, soccer.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So far the damage is, the two khabib guys that jumped conor are banned from UFC (they low level fighters).

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Who the fuck here thought Khabib was going to submit Conor McGregor? He coudnt even finish Al Iaquinta.

Yea I was wrong, but most thought Khabib would win a decision. But Kudos to him for submitting such a tough opponent.

Conor's last two opponents were Floyd Mayweather and Khabib. Yeah his match against Floyd was in a boxing ring,, but I dont think anyone should take anything away from McGregor for losing these fights. I thought he could win but Khabib was more hungry.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
but most thought Khabib would win a decision.

I didn't think Conor would be able to defend for 5 entire rounds and Khabib would end up catching him somehow, either that, or Conor would tag him early, swarm and end it in Rds 1 or 2. A decision after 5 just seemed really optimistic. EDIT: What Gav said

To be fair to Conor, he did better defending than I thought he would. I also think his attempt at moving forward and striking was a decent plan. I don't think he wanted to just run away backwards only to have Khabib chase him down anyways, and have worse offense due to being on his heels constantly. Not to mention, creating space and blunting attempts by Khabib to close with him.

It was just a bad matchup for him. I'd much rather watch Conor vs another striker than Conor vs. Khabib. The odd thing is, I have to give credit to Conor because he had to have known how bad of a matchup it was for him.

Also LOL @ Conor actually having won the mental game, but boy did that not turn out how he probably would have liked.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user