MMA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
damn, dana saying NSAC is looking at take Khabib's total purse ($2m) and around 6 month suspension
also from dana, 229 did over 2million buys
ALONG WITH, conor getting his full purse and zero penalties, that is the story

but honestly conor didn't do anything wrong, it doesn't matter if he threw first, a slubby ass corner man shouldn't be in there anyway ALSO, the red shirt guy, they said he was on instagram BEFORE the fight saying he was gonna sucker punch conor.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Aside from being the one who escalated the feud from an open-handed slap to a criminal assault that sent two fighters to the hospital and wrecked a PPV lineup.
oh i'm sorry, and he did that in the octagon? for ufc 229?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
damn, dana saying NSAC is looking at take Khabib's total purse ($2m) and around 6 month suspension
also from dana, 229 did over 2million buys

Its the UFC looking to do that.

UFC is already not paying Khabib at this time.

Conor has been paid. Khabib has not and UFC said it will withhold the entire purse for the time being. The UFC may try to use the NSAC as a foil for continuing to withhold the entire purse-- at worse, the NSAC can only fine him, but with the UFC involved it could mean continuing to withhold his entire purse.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So he is asking for record money, while not being paid at this time for his last fight.

Sand-wakandan IQ. That makes absolutely no sense to make demands when you have yet to be compensated at all.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Where are you reading they are taking his purse? They are holding it till the investigation is over is what I have read. Both Conor and Khabib are going to get complaints filed against them.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
“WE WILL BE FILING AGAINST CONOR MCGREGOR AND KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV. BECAUSE WE WITHHELD ONE PURSE, WE WILL HAVE TO MOVE EXPEDITIOUSLY TO A COMPLAINT AND HEARING. WE HAVE HELD 100 PERCENT OF ONE OF THE FIGHTER’S MONEY, SO THE GOAL IS TO GET THE COMPLAINTS OUT IN THE NEXT 24 TO 48 HOURS. THERE ARE A LOT OF THINGS HERE. THERE ARE A LOT OF CHARGES THAT CAN BE BROUGHT AGAINST A SPECTATOR WHO CAME OVER THE BARRICADE, THROUGH THE COMMISSION SECTION, AND INTO THE OCTAGON TO STRIKE A FIGHTER THREE TIMES. FOR THE RECORD, I HAVE A MASSIVE PROBLEM WITH THAT. THAT CAN NOT HAPPEN. WE’RE TAKING A REALLY HARD LOOK AT THAT GENTLEMAN [THAT STRUCK MCGREGOR]. WE KNOW EXACTLY WHO HE IS AND WHERE HE IS. I HAVE TO LET THE ATTORNEY GENERAL DETERMINE — IS THAT TRESPASSING, DISTURBING THE PEACE? THAT WAS A SERIOUS ACTION AND IT DESERVES A SERIOUS CONSEQUENCE.”

See it's like i said, Conor is in the ring of protection, he's gonna get a slap on the wrist, while team khabib is fucked

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
here's the social media of the red shirt

“I slapped him as promised,” “I promised to make him answer for his words and I did.”

“Tell everyone who thinks I was hit, where? Where, nothing. Just this cop pushed me away, on the video, as if I was hit, in short. Not missed, was not even close.”

He's screwed once the NSAC finds this and he pre-meditated the attack.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
here's the social media of the red shirt

“I slapped him as promised,” “I promised to make him answer for his words and I did.”

“Tell everyone who thinks I was hit, where? Where, nothing. Just this cop pushed me away, on the video, as if I was hit, in short. Not missed, was not even close.”

He's screwed once the NSAC finds this and he pre-meditated the attack.

Hold up. Isn't this guy already banned from the UFC? Or was that another guy? Someone here said somebody got banned and when I googled the name that's the face I saw.

It doesn't matter what the NSAC finds if he never plans on fighting in the USA or UFC again.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Hold up. Isn't this guy already banned from the UFC? Or was that another guy? Someone here said somebody got banned and when I googled the name that's the face I saw.

It doesn't matter what the NSAC finds if he never plans on fighting in the USA or UFC again.
thats ufc bannings, now it's time for nsac to start their punishment

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Being banned from the UFC is much scarier than being banned from Nevada.
well that depends, he's not just, not supposed to be in the ring, he's part of khabibs entourage. they could probably link him to khabib and lay down even heavier fines on khabib.

Fedor

<Banned>
Derrick Lewis over doubles Instagram followers in 24h since fight @thebeastufc : MMA

z4iefk7vcxq11.jpg

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
That's not his game. He's always been a counter puncher. He looks much more comfortable on the outside, waiting to see what his opponent is going to do, then countering them. His offence has always been on his heels. If there's a rematch, I bet we see him go back to that style and I bet it's more effective for him
Yeah that is not how he fights at all. He is a pressure fighter using kicks a lot to set up the fading left counter.

UFC 229: Humbling Khabib - The path to victory for Conor McGregor

I know how he fights. All I was saying is that he clearly changed his approach for the Khabib fight, and I laid out why I think that was.

EDIT: and to be clear, my talking about backing up and fighting on his heels wasn't meant to be Conor-specific. More like, Khabib has pressured a lot of people to do exactly that. He pressures and never stops moving forward and people can't keep distance or stay off the fence. Regardless of Conor's style, I feel he went out of his way to avoid that trap.

If you think him trying to backpeddle more and winging counters at Khabib's iron-hard Cro-magnon skull while Khabib just rushes him will work, I mean, ok. I disagree, but whatever.

EDIT 2: I;v ebeen up 24+ and I realize I'm just muddying the waters more. Give Tuco negs

Last edited: