MMA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
DC finally admits he's only LHW champ cuz Jon Jones is a fuck up in life
Three years I’ve been the light heavyweight champion because this dude can’t stay out of trouble.

Goatface

Floyd Mayweather Jr. announced Monday in Tokyo that he has agreed to a bout in the Rizin Fighting Federation.

Mayweather will fight on Dec. 31 at Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan.

Both Mayweather and his opponent, Tenshin Nasukawa, were introduced at a news conference in Tokyo by Rizin officials.

It was not clear whether it will be a boxing match, an MMA fight or some other combat sport. The promoters said they were still working on the specific rule set.

Fedor

<Banned>
czqvekekogw11.jpg

Goatface

vs CFB and World Series, UFC Fight Night 138 Oezdemir vs. Smith had a record low of 531,000 average viewers
and a peak 805,000 for the main event

Fight Night Series average is now at 736,000

wonder what it is going to be when it moves to $5 per month Espn+

DrKi3YQWsAAzO7G.jpg:large

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
vs CFB and World Series, UFC Fight Night 138 Oezdemir vs. Smith had a record low of 531,000 average viewers
and a peak 805,000 for the main event

Fight Night Series average is now at 736,000

wonder what it is going to be when it moves to $5 per month Espn+

DrKi3YQWsAAzO7G.jpg:large
lulz ozedemer v smith was so unknown no one here uttered a bleep

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Floyd Mayweather Jr. announced Monday in Tokyo that he has agreed to a bout in the Rizin Fighting Federation.

Mayweather will fight on Dec. 31 at Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan.

Both Mayweather and his opponent, Tenshin Nasukawa, were introduced at a news conference in Tokyo by Rizin officials.

It was not clear whether it will be a boxing match, an MMA fight or some other combat sport. The promoters said they were still working on the specific rule set.

Tenshin will smoke him if it's kick boxing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There is no way Floyd fights in anything but a boxing match.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
DC told Ariel that he doesn't want to fight Jones anymore. Says he "doesn't need it". I think he's looking at the end of his career and doesn't want to go out on an L and tarnish his GOAT claims

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
DC told Ariel that he doesn't want to fight Jones anymore. Says he "doesn't need it". I think he's looking at the end of his career and doesn't want to go out on an L and tarnish his GOAT claims

That was pretty clear as soon as he started trying to set up the Lesnar fight. He wants a huge fat payday and then a retirement of fried chicken and coaching kids.

Can't say I blame him. His body is probably held together with spit and glue after 20 years of wrestling and 10 of professional MMA.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
He deserves it. Let's not pretend the UFC is really interested in the integrity of the sport at this point. freakshow fights has been at the heart of the sport since day one. He has given some great performances.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

hoping Espn steps in and makes the rankings mean something more than they do now.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I can't blame DC either.

Fighting Jones would just be giving Jones the opportunity to leapfrog over everyone and be right back at top if he wins, instead of having to at least beat a few gatekeepers on the way. Why would DC fight him? He'd be doing him a huge favor.

• 1Like

Goatface

Yeah, I can't blame DC either.

Fighting Jones would just be giving Jones the opportunity to leapfrog over everyone and be right back at top if he wins, instead of having to at least beat a few gatekeepers on the way. Why would DC fight him? He'd be doing him a huge favor.

Jones is coming back on top. going to fight Gus for the LHW title Dec 29

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea fuck Cormier.

I dont respect the guy. His style is predicated on superb wrestling and grappling, allowing him to neutralize strikers and suffocate/nullify opponents attacking strategies

From a purist standpoint, you have to give him credit. The mummy stance, the impressive resume, his all around skill set, being able to threaten with submissions, knock out big heavies like Miocic, or just ragdoll guys and thoroughly dominate them and win a laugher.

But from an entertainment standpoint? He is one of the most boring champions in UFC history. His personality sucks, his fighting style sucks, and worse of all, he is only where he is because Jones is a fuck up.

What's even more sad is Cormier would probably admit all of that.

• 3Salty
  • 2Picard
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 5 users

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
I was wondering how come Stipe isn't getting a rematch? After his defenses, I would have thought he would get one. Is he hurt or is it because DC/Stipe 2 wouldn't sell that well?

• 1Like