MMA Thread

Goatface

UFC doesn't like Stipe
he doesn't promote himself really, but has been pretty salty about not getting a rematch

Lewis was a pretty certain win for DC and it was all to set up DC - Brock
Who at the earliest he could fight would be mid Jan or something
Dana saying is going to be in March at UFC 235 in Vegas
DC said he would fight Stipe if Brock can't fight
but If Jones beats Gus, would bet they would set up champ vs champ fight
as it would certainly double the ppv buys

both DC-Jones fights were over 800k
while DC-Stipe with 320k

Dana thinks Brock - DC could do million

don't know if Brock still sells or not,
he hasn't fought in 3 years and technically not won in over 8

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
and worse of all, he is only where he is because Jones is a fuck up.

What's even more sad is Cormier would probably admit all of that.

I actually agree with you about hating his style and personality, etc. He is boring as fuck. But he's not only where he is b/c Jones is a fuck up. As much as I dislike DC and think Jones is still the better fighter, DC still as elite as they come, he just happened to fight at the same time as Jones. I wish we had "clean" decisions in their fights, but even if Jones was just "the guy" that DC couldn't beat, he did it to everyone else.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
DC/Stipe 2 wouldn't sell that well?

–DC/Stipe 2 wouldn't sell well.

–UFC (Dana) doesn't like Stipe, because he never sells fights. He complains about being underpaid (and for his performance, he's right), but he doesn't draw fans in. Part of it is the failure of the UFC marketing machine, part of it is because Stipe doesn't hype himself and his fights.

–DC doesn't want to risk it, without a big payday (which isn't happening), as it's a fight that can't help his legacy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
–DC/Stipe 2 wouldn't sell well.

–UFC (Dana) doesn't like Stipe, because he never sells fights. He complains about being underpaid (and for his performance, he's right), but he doesn't draw fans in. Part of it is the failure of the UFC marketing machine, part of it is because Stipe doesn't hype himself and his fights.

–DC doesn't want to risk it, without a big payday (which isn't happening), as it's a fight that can't help his legacy.

Well said. Sometimes you have to think of it in boxing terms.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Because casuals are stupid.

Brock is a big, impressive looking (see: steroid user), white guy who's stayed in the American media spotlight because WWE. People recognize him, so assume he must be good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Its amazing how Brock is kinda doing the same thing to UFC that he does to WWE and I'm really done with him in both.
Only shows up from time to time for a big payday and has a huge influence on the titles, if he was to come around from time to time for a mark hunt type fight, thats ok.
But stay the fuck away from the title, we could be looking at DC vs Stipe or DC vs Jones which are much more interesting fights with interesting possible results but instead we get this shit and if Brock somehow wins its even worse because its like having an injured champion that doesn't vacate, he will just sit out for over a year and we would get more interim title bullshit.

I really like Stipe and I think its so ridiculous this whole thing around him not being marketable, how is being good not enough?
Most UFC fans take offense to comparing UFC to WWE but I think in some ways its even worse. Guys come out of retirement or 1-2+ year breaks and get immediate title shots and the only thing that really matters is how marketable someone is, not how good or how deserving of a fight they are.

• 2Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its amazing how Brock is kinda doing the same thing to UFC that he does to WWE and I'm really done with him in both.
Only shows up from time to time for a big payday and has a huge influence on the titles, if he was to come around from time to time for a mark hunt type fight, thats ok.
But stay the fuck away from the title, we could be looking at DC vs Stipe or DC vs Jones which are much more interesting fights with interesting possible results but instead we get this shit and if Brock somehow wins its even worse because its like having an injured champion that doesn't vacate, he will just sit out for over a year and we would get more interim title bullshit.

I really like Stipe and I think its so ridiculous this whole thing around him not being marketable, how is being good not enough?
Most UFC fans take offense to comparing UFC to WWE but I think in some ways its even worse. Guys come out of retirement or 1-2+ year breaks and get immediate title shots and the only thing that really matters is how marketable someone is, not how good or how deserving of a fight they are.
Yes, yes, and yes... but it is the heavy weight division and I am sure nobody can be bothered enough to care. Just bet on DC and make some money for all the bullshit you have to put up with as a true MMA fan.

Goatface

Brock signed a new WWE deal last week or so due to Roman Reigns' leukemia.
still would let him fight in UFC, they would have to pay him more cause of the WWE pay bump

anyway, looks like Brock is aiming to trim down to 270 for camp instead of cutting from 285 ish

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
How the fuck do you call someone boring who is a midget yet stood and boxed jon jones down for 3 rounds until he ate a kick to the dome piece?

Jon jones is everyone losers favorite, DC gave one of the funniest pre interviews ever with jones.

REALLY JON

YOU THINK IM GOING TO STAND THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JOHN

Dc looks horrible from a body optic standpoint but he beat the fuck out of everyone who is swole and twice his size, minus jones of course

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Good riddance. 125 was a wasteland of talent outside of DJ

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Good riddance. 125 was a wasteland of talent outside of DJ
cruz man handled DJ at 135, at those mini-me weights, every lb counts.

There is ABSOLUTELY no reason to have these midget shows at 125, heck i would even say 135, and possibly 145.

If there's a womens division for that weight class, then the mens should start at the next one.

i mean i still think d cruz is the best 135, but he only gets a pass b/c he doesn't stop moving for the whole 5 rounds, otherwise they dont' call him decisionator for nuttin.

Goatface

Jon Jones reenters rankings
#3 p4p behind, #1 DC and #2 Khabib
#1 LHW

surprisingly Lewis still ranked #2

=

of the current male champs, only Khabib (2) and DC (3) have fought more than once this year
Max is only one yet to fight, but hopfully makes it next month

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
lulz how many interim guys did they strip this year? t.ferg and coby?

and they striped that dumb 125 bitch

was cheating randamie stripped this or last year?

they stripped connor for inactivity

jones was stripped last year

jesus

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Cormier is boring. His commitment to avoiding danger is his biggest weakness as a performer.

I'm so glad Jones washed him.

• 2Like