MMA Thread

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cormier is boring. His commitment to avoiding danger is his biggest weakness as a performer.

I'm so glad Jones washed him.
I think you are kind of on an island with the Cormier hate bruh. 7 of his last 10 fights ended in a stoppage, only 3 went to decision. For his entire career, he has a 67% stoppage rate (win or lose).

His ability to make 205 or go up and bully the heavy weights is kind of crazy. It is one thing to jump divisions that have 10 lbs difference. He is doing with with a 60 lbs variance. And it is not a fluke. He did it in Strikeforce and he is doing it in the UFC.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah its a Jozu statement. Dude has been fighting the highest levels of competition minus a over the hill Anderson Silva.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

UFC 230 prelims on FS 1 averaged 635,000 viewers, which would be the lowest number for FS 1 prelims since UFC 215, on Sept. 9, 2017. It did beat UFC 224 and UFC 228 this year that were on FX, but was the lowest of the eight prelims this year on FS 1.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I never hated on DCs prowess as a fighter. If anything I gave him his due in those regards.

I did say he was boring, and was not someone who CARES about putting on a performance. How can people sit here and objectively shit on Miocic for not "selling fights" etc, but then not acknowledge that Cormier should have an obligation to do the same.

Talking shit isnt the only aspect of this. It also includes what you do in the Octagon.

Take Tony Furgeson for example. He is the fucking complete OPPOSITE of DC. This guy is training Wing Chung techniques and then actually fucking attempts those techniques IN THE OCTAGON. The guy is taking risks, he throws nasty elbows, spinning strikes, awkward kicks that produce flash but can also leave a fighter stiff.

He is a performer, AND a fighter. Both of those aspects are equally important to him, and its fucking huge. We need more Tony Furgesons and less DC's.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
T dog is awsome and i love him, but i get it you like people who attempt high risk and sometimes dumb moves.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I never hated on DCs prowess as a fighter. If anything I gave him his due in those regards.

I did say he was boring, and was not someone who CARES about putting on a performance. How can people sit here and objectively shit on Miocic for not "selling fights" etc, but then not acknowledge that Cormier should have an obligation to do the same.

Talking shit isnt the only aspect of this. It also includes what you do in the Octagon.

Take Tony Furgeson for example. He is the fucking complete OPPOSITE of DC. This guy is training Wing Chung techniques and then actually fucking attempts those techniques IN THE OCTAGON. The guy is taking risks, he throws nasty elbows, spinning strikes, awkward kicks that produce flash but can also leave a fighter stiff.

He is a performer, AND a fighter. Both of those aspects are equally important to him, and its fucking huge. We need more Tony Furgesons and less DC's.
lulz i'm more impressed that 280lb black beast throws kicks

Goatface

Don't know if anyone cares about this, but i like numbers :)
found this website Ispot
TV Ad Measurement for Disruptive Brands

looked up most of the fighters i thought i seen the most on tv
don't think it is 100% correct, like for GSP only has a total of 341 airings
feels like i saw his NOS spots a thousand times
but most of these feel sorta right, i guess based on what i saw

if you go to the site can watch most of the ads and drill now for airings of certain vids
like Stipe's Modelo ads ran for a total of 6,197 times

Demetrious Johnson
809 Airings / 12 Spots
2 for MetroPCS, rest ufc

Daniel Cormier
1,479 Airings / 23 Spots
2 for MetroPCS, rest ufc

Cain Velasquez
2,086 Airings / 6 Spots
MetroPCS, Visit Las Vegas, rest ufc

Conor McGregor
4,356 Airings / 32 Spots
Game of War, Beats Audio , Pegasus Win Win, Monster Energy, Budweiser, EA Sports, rest ufc/boxing related

Stipe Miocic
6,845 Airings / 13 Spots
2 for Modelo, rest ufc

Ronda Rousey
18,792 Airings / 39 Spots
Twizzlers, Bud Light, Carl's Jr, MetroPCS , EA Sports, rest ufc, wwe, movie etc

Goatface

if Henry had beat DJ decisively maybe, but now really don't care

they should just shut BW down too.