MMA Thread

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't get a chance to watch the fights and just saw that replay. Holy shit what an insane way to finish the fight, especially since he was losing on the scorecards.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
that shit looked like cowboy really was trying to crank and break it, but I'm glad he did. Perry is a shitbird and the way the whole jackson wink thing went down.

Goatface

“I felt it pop before I went belly down, So the rest was just tearing the chicken wing off, yeah. I was taking it home with me.” Cerrone

Jive Turkey

Karen
Mike Perry
06C25A40-8FCC-433B-9BD0-8784B9558B75-54163-0000486A2D1EAD0A.jpeg

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought it was BS and Perry is just a pussy,

Paul Feldor had a real one and said it ain't no thing and it looked bad.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Conor would be a fool to take that. This isn't 2012.

Conor is a former champion in two weight classes, and still at worst what #2 contender in his own division? Cowboy is a fringe top 10 guy, coming back down in weight after experimenting at 170.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I feel for Conor's shtick to work again, he needs a win.

Is Cowboy really that win? The risk is tremendous.

Granted, Conor went into the Diaz rematch completely silent. He knows when to ditch the shtick and lay low. But its just not looking good for Conor if he loses to Cowboy and it further legitimizes the Diaz losses and will cement the idea that he's just not that good.

Diaz was already out there saying he won't fight him again because he beat that ass so badly. Not good press.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Conor shouldnt be criticized though, honestly. He took the fight the fans, the UFC, and his legacy demanded. He opted to fight the boogeyman.

So you have to tip your hat to his competitive spirit and willingness to fight the best in the world, even after a long layoff.

Khabib is a killer, he put the hard scarf on Conor and tapped him out. But Conor is still a world class fighter, losing to Floyd Mayweather and Khabib arent things to be ashamed of.

He might of fought the best pure boxer of all time, and then perhaps the greatest MMA fighter of all time in back to back match ups.

He doesnt need a Cowboy he should still be getting top names, high profile fights.

Now if he loses his next fight, regardless the opponent, his brand is in trouble.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

ufc updated their site and it is terrible

looking at the ranking and what fights are booked, in the works or talked about

(c) Khabib Nurmagomedov vs (1) Tony Ferguson (the only fight to make, per Dana)
(2) Conor McGregor
(3) Dustin Poirier (bad hip still) vs someone not Nate Daiz
(4) Kevin Lee vs (8) Al Iaquinta
(5) Edson Barboza vs (14) Dan Hooker
(6) Justin Gaethje vs (7) Anthony Pettis
(9) Nate Diaz vs Dana White lolz
(10) Michael Chiesa coming off 2 loses and suing Conor

the hearings are Dec 10th
Conor most likely gets 6 months with Khabib a year, unless UFC works some backdoor magic

If Khabib gets stripped or more than 6 months
Tony vs Poirier for title or interim

different sites been listing who next for Conor
betting odds from bovada
Khabib (-155)
Diaz (+130) don't think Dana would ever give him the payday
GSP (+375)

only Future odds i found
Conor McGregor (-185) vs Donald Cerrone (+150)

think Conor vs Cowboy would be the best fight to make from a UFC standpoint
he could easily come back to LW at 9th or 8th is Al looses to make it more legit

anyway, surprising Cowboy didn't move in the rankings

Last edited:

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Trying to put it into perpective by comparing the levels to kilograms is the dumbest and most irrelevant excuse i've ever heard

He's missing an important factor, too, which is 0.08 nanograms per what? Drug tests are usually reported in ng/mL. Humans have ~5L of blood, so if you're going to make the (still meaningless) comparison to kg you have to multiply that 0.08 by three and a half orders of magnitude.

I know, news flash, MMA fighter didn't think carefully about units conversion.

Last edited: