MMA Thread

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
so I just watched the ortiz lidell weigh in. it seems metrics are low for this PPV card to anyone else?

1.6k-1.7k viewers on the livestream, IDK what other streams were available. Ill watch, the undercard has at least some old relevant UFC names on it for name recognition value.

But im worried for these 2 that the PPV might be a flop. I think it has implications for future PPV promotion attempts outside the UFC (those fighters not named Conor, Mayweather, etc) if it does flop.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
It should flop. Those 2 have no business being in the cage.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

interesting
this was posted around the 16th
BlackFriday_TwitterPost4.0.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It should flop. Those 2 have no business being in the cage.

It didn't help that Tito's marketing for the fight was "Chuck is washed up, fuck em".

Chuck was pretty irked about that and pointed out it doesn't sell a fight to call your opponent washed up when people are questioning the point of the fight to begin with.

If Chuck is "washed up", and Tito's fans believe him, what are Tito's fans supposed to be paying for?

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
It didn't help that Tito's marketing for the fight was "Chuck is washed up, fuck em".

Chuck was pretty irked about that and pointed out it doesn't sell a fight to call your opponent washed up when people are questioning the point of the fight to begin with.

If Chuck is "washed up", and Tito's fans believe him, what are Tito's fans supposed to be paying for?

For me, the issue is that there's this sort of inherently understood notion that you're paying to watch two over the hill fighters go at it, as if both of them being older is going to balance it all out. And that it's going to be an exciting fight, and not a waste of money.

And then when people point to this fight as a flag-bearer for alternatives to the UFC, I honestly can't help but laugh. Really? It's so apples to oranges that I can't really get the argument. If I want to watch competitive, top level MMA, am I to believe that Chuck/Tito is right there in the mix? C'mon, now...

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Ngannou vs Bladyes 2 was a jokes fight, right?

The Heavyweight division is fucking terrible.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Overeem says a rematch vs. Ngannou would look very different. If he can get it to the ground in a way where everyone else doesn't think he's dead he might have a shot.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Why do you guys think that was an early stoppage? Keeping your head down is not considered defense and Curtis got dropped 3 times in a span of 10 seconds.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This fight is so sad. Chuck is so slow now....

Edit: Tito wins not like it means anything though. Chuck is 46 years old. lol

• 1Like