MMA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Well i guess thats the great thing that old retarded senators don't watch MMA, so we don't have mother fucking congressional hearings on steroids
2005main.jpg

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
they should have just dropped all testing.
MMA isn't going to be the 4th major anytime soon

What makes me scratch my head is Lorenzo signed the USADA deal just before selling the UFC to WME/IMG.

- Why was he in a rush to secure a testing contract?

- Did WME/IMG see that as a selling point?

- Did Lorenzo attempt to use it as a selling point?

- Is it a selling point?

Questions we can only speculate on and few of us will ever know the answers to.

iannis

Musty Nester
What makes zero sense, unless you subscribe to pulsing, is how he tests positive one week, then is clean the next.

And then rinse and repeat. At this point no one can truly know.

The theory is that the amounts are so small that it is possible for them to not be present in the sample.

The blood is not absolutely uniform. It can be clumpy. It's just water and gunk. If he is pulsing like that it will be in smaller packets unevenly distributed through his blood stream (as the blood passes through excreting tissue). So part of it is blind luck if you happen to draw a sample of blood that has the substance in it at a testable level or if you don't.

That's the theory. I'm not sure I buy it when it comes to a professional athlete and PED's. Because what they're talking about last I remember is it being stored in adipose and excreting out during his weight cuts. Adipose is a sponge, that happens. But if it is you would -expect- that after one or two weight cuts he wouldn't be doing that anymore.

I think they should set a minimum testing threshold by body weight. What you should ask as well as are they present is in what quanity, and is that quantity enough to confer some sort of performance advantage? It's not always. These are metabolites so it's not a 1:1 sort of thing, but there is actual science and math and shit for this. There is a number and it will be on some sort of proportional scale to body weight and composition of tissue. That seems to me like exactly the sort of program / research / policy that an organization like usada should be working to define.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its just too convenient.

Jon Jones is perhaps the greatest MMA fighter of all time, definitely the biggest star in the UFC when active. He is going to get a favorable shake, in contrast to someone like Frank Mir who is on the decline and wouldnt really effect the bottom line.

Jones might not be a steroid junkie cheat, but where there is smoke there is fire. He has had too many incidents to simply chalk it up as an anomoly or mistake. He basically has a bro pass for PEDs.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
He has had too many incidents to simply chalk it up as an anomoly or mistake. He basically has a bro pass for PEDs.
what incidents? if you back track it, it was all probably due to "pulsing"

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Light HeavyweightJon Jones (c)vs.Anthony Smith[a]
WelterweightTyron Woodley (c)vs.Kamaru Usmanhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_235#cite_note-13
WelterweightRobbie Lawlervs.Ben Askren
Women's StrawweightTecia Torresvs.Weili ZhangBantamweight
Cody Garbrandtvs.Pedro Munhoz
Preliminary Card (ESPN)
FeatherweightJeremy Stephensvs.Zabit Magomedsharipov
Light HeavyweightMisha Cirkunovvs.Johnny Walker
BantamweightCody Stamannvs.Alejandro Pérez
WelterweightDiego Sanchezvs.Mickey Gall

a few hours left, first time in a long time the prelims are worth while

Comeon old man Diego!, but i think he'll lose cuz of the J/W curse
Didn't Walker just win and almost soccer kick a guy? lulz looks like he's a last minute for OSP, I hope Misha comes back i like seeing him choke a guy out
Hopefully Zabit delivers like he did his last fight, but he's up agains a super journyman
Not impressed with Cody, hopefully he puts on a show or gets choked out by pedro
My new girl to root for Weili is gonna murder Tercia, watch out for her hellbows
ROBBIE FUCKING LAWLER
hopefully woodley sleeps Usman fast so i can see JBJ murder Smith.

Goatface

Didn't even notice OSP wasn't on the card
looks like he got hurt 3 weeks ago and replaced, but he is fighting a236 now

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Fucking Cody. Dude wants to be the Justin Gaethje of 135.

Dude got caught in the first round. Decided he should go reckless and land a bunch of fast and hard shots.

Worked out well, except for the part where the other guy had a massive chin, outlasted Cody's onslaught, and punched back.

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Dude lol the way Robbie dropped his arm like a dead fish.. what are you doin man. Might not have been out but he acted like it 100%

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user