MMA Thread

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
oh they're gonna have this on repeat, timestamped

So on the one hand, he is a complete cheater, but on the other, he really did try to take advantage of every single technology, system, exercise, etc. to make himself better. Maybe they need two classes - clean and juiced. Let guys like him go nuts with every drug, tech, etc. to see just how far they can push it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

fris

Vyemm Raider
it's tempting and funny ha-ha in the SNL skit sort of way. but the problem is this use kills you. enlarges your heart, increases your odds of dying young, there's a long list of prominent athletes who's death could be attributed to peds. I'm sure your mostly tongue in cheek

but lets consider the one sport where it's mostly OK, physic shows. even the drug-free shows are filled w/ people who just juice less or haven't juiced in about a year.

if society enforced this in any way, the lower income and younger players would absolutly abuse this into the grave. most wont be Stalone w/ the best docs checking you out on a regular basis, and cheap/fake/poison versions of the popular drug will become rampant, or more so than know

Ken Cameneti was a baseball player for the astroes, died early and his PED use is considered largely to blame. in one interview, he addressed his PED use and said he could follow the rules and lose his job to some young kid. or he could juice and keep his job, a job that was his life. this kind of 'role model' probably increased ped use in highschool by a crazy amount.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
it's tempting and funny ha-ha in the SNL skit sort of way. but the problem is this use kills you. enlarges your heart, increases your odds of dying young, there's a long list of prominent athletes who's death could be attributed to peds. I'm sure your mostly tongue in cheek
i remember a jre where a bicycle guy either said he did EPO or knew ppl, the whole team was on it, and they all travel around in a van or bus with their bikes(cuz they're gonna race) and they're so jacked up on EPO and all that oxygen/redblood cells that in the middle of the night they have to wake up and just bike for a few hours to burn off it off or they explode.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
bullshit

Coach of TJ Dillashaw releases statement following positive test for EPO | BJPenn.com

tldr: they blame TJ, naw everyone is to blame, imo, and i'm sure all those coaches are implicit in the epo shit.

or are we supposed to believe tj just said "hey camera guys, turn it off for a second, i gotta go stab my butt full of EPO"

also TJ hasn't admitted anything yet?
Pretty sure I posted about this earlier in the thread, but that dude is my math teacher from high school. Best teacher I ever had, by a long ways.

it'd be awesome if they backtracked TJ's tests all the way to when he beat barao, cuz barao has been on a downhill emo decline, ever since, nearly back to back losses, 4 losses in a row and can't even make weight
77f906846876609ca18adebe194228f5.png
I didn't even know that Barao was in the UFC anymore

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Pretty sure I posted about this earlier in the thread, but that dude is my math teacher from high school. Best teacher I ever had, by a long ways.
yea sounds like your math teacher is complicit in TJ's EPO usage, i mean TJ moved to work with you math teacher and they train in his garage. EPO isn't just a pill you pop and you get good, TJ was probably trying to fool the biological passport and doing a few weeks of awesome training, and then weening down. like in this
How I became a drug cheat

it's basically what the guy from icarus wanted to do, b4 the whole russian doping thing fell in his lap.

decent EPO primer here

Looks like USADA is just so amazeballs with testing now, that you can't fool the biological passport no more.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
yea sounds like your math teacher is complicit in TJ's EPO usage, i mean TJ moved to work with you math teacher and they train in his garage. EPO isn't just a pill you pop and you get good, TJ was probably trying to fool the biological passport and doing a few weeks of awesome training, and then weening down. like in this
How I became a drug cheat

it's basically what the guy from icarus wanted to do, b4 the whole russian doping thing fell in his lap.

decent EPO primer here

Looks like USADA is just so amazeballs with testing now, that you can't fool the biological passport no more.
He was a former power lifter, so I am sure he has been knowledgeable about this stuff for years. I still really liked him as a teacher though. Then again, this was nearly 25 years ago, so who knows how much he has changed since then.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>

but lets consider the one sport where it's mostly OK, physic shows. even the drug-free shows are filled w/ people who just juice less or haven't juiced in about a year.

if society enforced this in any way, the lower income and younger players would absolutly abuse this into the grave. most wont be Stalone w/ the best docs checking you out on a regular basis, and cheap/fake/poison versions of the popular drug will become rampant, or more so than know

Ken Cameneti was a baseball player for the astroes, died early and his PED use is considered largely to blame. in one interview, he addressed his PED use and said he could follow the rules and lose his job to some young kid. or he could juice and keep his job, a job that was his life. this kind of 'role model' probably increased ped use in highschool by a crazy amount.
In a way I just don't care if you want to kill yourself for money, fame, and my entertainment. It's a choice.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
He was a former power lifter, so I am sure he has been knowledgeable about this stuff for years. I still really liked him as a teacher though. Then again, this was nearly 25 years ago, so who knows how much he has changed since then.
did you read this letter in his voice then? it sounds like a tub of bullshit
“As a man of few words, preferring passion and belief as a shield to be carried out upon, I am bemused to careless and reckless dialogue for no other purpose than to make myself heard among the masses plagued by willful ignorance. However, this is an appropriate, and even required time for the head of a family to speak out. And this, is such time.

The Treigning Lab in no way condones or encourages our family of athletes worldwide, to partake in the perilous downward spiraling helix of synthetic performance enhancement. To do so is not only harmful to the individual but also harmful to the brothers, sisters, and other family members who are judged guilty by association.

Yet, the arena of public scrutiny is heavily weighted down by the enigma of fear for what one does not understand. To that end, the fact remains that The Treigning Lab, in concept and private practice established itself among Olympic and Collegiate athletes in 2001 and embarked on the life changing journey through sport with thousands of athletes spawning almost two decades of unparalleled excellence. We use quantitative analysis, metabolically accurate nutrition, proper supplementation, recovery facilitation and a training regiment of such high intensity that few have the wherewithal to imagine, much less dare to embrace. In the same amount of time our athletes have never failed a single mandated test, yet reside among the elite of their chosen sports; standing at the top of the podium in character and integrity.

The Treigning Lab was built on the foundation of integrity, hard work and most importantly family. So in light of recent events The Treigning Lab and its affiliates would first like to thank USADA for upholding the standard of sterling athletic practices and offering tests to ensure the safety and fairness of competitive sports. Tha being said we would like to thank all of those who have come forward during this time to show genuine concern for all of our athletes, including TJ Dillashaw, a fallen soldier of the battlefield of public expectation and demand for perfection. Although not right, and inexcusable, TJ Dillashaw succumbed to the relentless pressure win at any cost for the purpose of appeasing his employers, pleasing his fan base, and providing for his family; a sentiment that we can all relate to.”

he has a channel and a bunch of other guys training with him, so test them for EPO, if they pop, he's dirty

also, is it me and all white ppl look the same or does he look like crazy raver guy?

heck, maybe it's him, and ppl are going to go WHOA

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Disney sees ESPN+ reaching up to 12 million subscribers by 2024
Operating losses for ESPN+ are expected to be $650 million annually in both fiscal 2019 and 2020, Disney’s chief financial officer, Christine McCarthy, said during an investor day webcast presentation. But the service, which launched one year ago, should reach profitability by 2023, she said.

Not a chance. While a section of fans sit on their PC and have no problem subscribing, there is still only 1 major brand of television with the software/package capability to actually be able to subscribe with a television.

No

fucking

chance

That's what you got, no chance.

The accessibility simply isn't there.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Disney needs to combine their "Netflix" on-demand service with their Live spots ESPN+ services, if they ever want to sniff 12 Million Subs a year. Or, just send Monday Night Football to ESPN+ only.

Goatface

they have already hinted at a Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu bundle
could be $15 a month with ad supported Hulu, or $20 with ad free. maybe cheaper
would certainly bump the subs up.
market estimates think Disney+ will have 5 mill sub in 1st year, 50mil in 5 years

they are certainly pushing ESPN+/UFC on the main channel, watched PTI and couple of other shows earlier this week
and there was a bumper or full ad at every break.