MMA Thread

Fedor

<Banned>
me6u8iwmpbs21.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
Adesanya would blast Whittaker. Whittaker got knocked out by wonder boy, there is no way he can deal with an even higher level striker of similar accurate technique.

wonderboy was a long time and a different fighter ago, whittaker has become a real martial artist since then. i reckon he's more than a match for israel. it was also interesting to see jon jones trying to insert himself into the adesanya story, give him a bit more time and that could be an amazing fight.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
wonderboy was a long time and a different fighter ago, whittaker has become a real martial artist since then. i reckon he's more than a match for israel. it was also interesting to see jon jones trying to insert himself into the adesanya story, give him a bit more time and that could be an amazing fight.

Jones vs Adesanya? Can’t see that being remotely competitive. Jones is way too far outside his size/strength range.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Bullshit. I was told this was a crime and everyone involved would get life in prison.

This is the civil suit.

Per linked article: "McGregor is still facing criminal charges for the incident -- including felony robbery and misdemeanor criminal mischief. If convicted on all counts, Conor faces up to 6 years in prison. "

• 1Picard

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
it was also interesting to see jon jones trying to insert himself into the adesanya story

I'm pretty sure Israel started it with his killing "GOAT" tweets (media was asking him if he was going to fight Jones eventually), and we all knew he was talking about Jones. Jones came out on twitter swinging.

I really don't think it's just JJ trying to insert himself into anything.

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
ahh ok, i missed the original adesanya openers (if he was trolling). i wondered why jones was commenting on it when there is a huge weight and (at this stage) a reasonable skills gap, and jones would destroy him. maybe in a few years when israel fills out and jones starts to get a case of the old mans, but it seemed to be jumping the gun.

just heated up with this understated call-out. this is a fight i could get behind and back adesanya all the way.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm pretty sure Israel started it with his killing "GOAT" tweets (media was asking him if he was going to fight Jones eventually), and we all knew he was talking about Jones. Jones came out on twitter swinging.

I really don't think it's just JJ trying to insert himself into anything.
it was TMZ, it's always TMZ starting shit

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Pretty sure that is a Drexler jersy that Schaub has on.
schaub is always lower tier podcasts, i listened to this mowing the lawn, jesus what a snore.

i've never seen his stand up, but OMG, this is horrible, like amateur. sure he sells out and makes bank, but it's a disservice to stand up comedy when Rogan says "he's good man, he's only been doing comedy for 5 years"

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Doing stand up is fucking hard. Hating on Brendan because he didnt kill it during a show is harsh. I'm not even really defending him in the sense where I think he is genuinely funny, but it's not easy finding yourself as a comedian, especially when you are already known for doing something else.

For some reason it seems like people want tenure, they want their funny man to be a lifer in the game, you gotta have stripes to resonate.

5 years doing stand up is not long at all. Some guys take over a decade to start hitting. Even Rogan isn't really that funny. Honestly. His stand up is crude and very conversational. I dont feel like he is putting on a show, it's more like a silly back and forth about current events or trendy topics.

There are only a few REALLY good stand up comedians in the game at any given time. Burr is a great example of a top class performer as and funny man. He is intrinsically humorous but also is so experienced and talented as a professional comedian, it really hits home with almost everyone. No one bad talks Burr.

Eddie Murphy was cut from that same cloth, Chris Rock, Kat William's these guys are just funny without trying to be.

Schaub is trying very hard, when he gets more comfortable and becomes more naturally funny I think he will be fine. He has a great work ethic, cant deny that. Most guys would never even try doing stand up.

Theo Von is one of those outliers where he is funny as fuck without trying to be, but also has this very unique style where he is obviously not taking himself too seriously by telling fantastical stories etc. There are many ways to be comical, and he has found his way doing something not many people are doing. So Schaub can do the same if he keeps developing sets.

RIP Billy Conforto.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dustin Porier underrated as fuck. 2 wins against Max. He beat Geathje. His resume is impressive as fuck, and his style is fan friendly.

Significant strikes should beat volume every time, I'm glad the judges saw it that way as well. I just dont see how he can beat Khabib. McGregor is a better striker than Dustin and couldn't scrape Khabib. I just think DP gets wrestlefucked and sadly goes back to being a middling fighter.

There is so much talent at 155.

• 1Like

gak

<Gold Donor>
I would've done that with Gina because no jury on earth would've convicted me.

gg.gif

g2.gif

m.gif

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users