MMA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Weight classMethodRoundTimeNotes
LightweightMax Hollowayvs.Dustin Poirier[a]
MiddleweightKelvin Gastelumvs.Israel Adesanyahttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_236#cite_note-13

[TR]
[TD]Light Heavyweight[/TD]
[TD]Eryk Anders[/TD]
[TD]vs.[/TD]
[TD]Khalil Rountree Jr.[/TD]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Welterweight[/TD]
[TD]Alan Jouban[/TD]
[TD]vs.[/TD]
[TD]Dwight Grant[/TD]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Light Heavyweight[/TD]
[TD]Ovince Saint Preux[/TD]
[TD]vs.[/TD]
[TD]Nikita Krylov[/TD]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]

looks like everyone made weight, 236 is ass, only two fights worth a damn.

guess it'll be max and i'll go with gastelum, be nice if he ko's that pussy that couldn't pull the trigger on overaged silva.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
Epo is pretty serious business. I'm surprised captain Auschwitz didn't stroke out. I'm impressed by that. He's a specimen.

They do need a clean division and a dirty division. Not for chuckles, because these athletes WILL kill themselves doing it. But they need it so they can have an actual clean division.

There's got to be a way they could do it without legal liability for suicidal meatheads.

Goatface

IMPORTANT: r/MMAStreams will no longer be active
Hey MMA fans,
TLDR: WE ARE MOVING TO r/MMASTREAMZ.

Today, we were notified that r/MMAStreams is at high risk of being banned for copyright violation.
We are seeking clarity on the issue, but we must begin to take steps to move.
A long-term solution is being worked on as we speak (outside of Reddit), but for the time being we will be moving to r/MMAStreamz.
We also strongly recommend you join our Discord server (Join the MMA Chat Discord Server!) as we will be using this as our primary communications platform. Please make sure you register and verify your Discord account or you may be kicked.Please note: there will be no streams shared in this server.
Any external sites that claim to be r/MMAStreams are lying. We currently have no other site. If this changes we will make an announcement.
Thanks for using r/MMAStreams. Mods will be around to answer your questions in the comments.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
That is a Fight of the Year candidate.

10/10 great moments by both fighters.

Goddard made a hard decision not stopping that fight. I'm sure he was conflicted. Belt on the line, dude is a warrior, and only a few seconds left; can't disagree with that decision but wouldn't have blamed him for a stoppage either.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Dustin looking insane.

Aldo was a great boxer and strong for 145, but Max is playing with fire absorbing all these blows.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Dustin might have won that round with the action late. Could be up 20-18.

Still, Max is going to Max. Dude isn't flinching and he's yet to speed up.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
This is a normal Holloway fight so far, he always is slow to start, its just that Dustin is able to hit much harder than anyone at 145 could hit Max. But Max is doing his usual endless cardio, endless punches routine, and starting to pull it back.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
This is a normal Holloway fight so far, he always is slow to start, its just that Dustin is able to hit much harder than anyone at 145 could hit Max. But Max is doing his usual endless cardio, endless punches routine, and starting to pull it back.

Yup. Dustin made the mistake of fighting with his back against the fence. That is a death spot for Max's opponents and he can't get caught there again.

I'm predicting a split decision at this point. Not out of the question that some judge has this 40-36 for Dustin and we'll get an awesome Dana White rant on Twitter. I think it's either 39-37 for Dustin or 38-38. Part of me wants to give Dustin a 10-8 on round 1, but not enough.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Dustin's cardio held up far better than I thought it would. That, and a distinct power advantage should do it for him to win it.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
49-46 on all scorecards surprises me. That's about as generous as they could've been to Dustin.

155 now has Khabib who's never lost, Tony Ferguson has won 11 in a row in the UFC, and Dustin has what 7 in a row now, and none of these guys have fought each other.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm happy for the Diamond. Gang Gang! Dont think he has any chance against Khabib though.

Adesanya would blast Whittaker. Whittaker got knocked out by wonder boy, there is no way he can deal with an even higher level striker of similar accurate technique.

• 1Solidarity