MMA Thread

Goatface

B.J. Penn accused of threatening farmer with machete; police investigation ongoing

UFC Hall of Famer B.J. Penn’s legal issues aren’t limited to a restraining order and custody battle.

A public records request revealed Penn also is under an active police investigation after he allegedly threatened a taro farmer with a machete in a dispute over trespassing.

In January 2018, police released an all-points bulletin stating that Penn, 40, was wanted by police. Penn was accused of first-degree terroristic threatening, a Class C felony punishable by up to five years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

Sergeant Jason Grouns of the Hawaii Police Department on Thurday told MMA Junkie the case remains active 15 months after the alleged incident because “all parties involved have not been located (or) contacted yet, and it cannot be routed to the prosecutors until complete.”

Penn family attorney Gary Levitt expressed shock when contacted by MMA Junkie about the allegation, which was reported Jan. 19, 2018. He said Penn acknowledged a dispute over access to his property in Waipio Valley, a taro farm and training facility that resides next to the alleged victim’s own taro farm. But Levitt strenuously denied any violent behavior and said Penn hasn’t been contacted by police.

“B.J. said he’s never given a statement to the police; they haven’t told him he’s got a terroristic threatening charge, or there are charges pending,” Levitt said. “He just said there was an incident, it was over one year ago, and it had to do with a gate. There was no threatening or machete or anything like that.”

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

prelims already started on espn2
Main Card on epsn+ starts at 1pm et

apparently Reem signed a new 6 fight deal recently

was trying to find out how much he got paid for last fight night, but appears it wasn't disclosed as being in China
supposedly getting $500k less when not on a PPV card

Goatface

Daily Mail link warning

UFC fighter Darren Till arrested in Tenerife after 'stealing a taxi and trashing a hotel

The 26-year-old and others were said to have been staying in a lodging complex in which they broke furniture and emptied extinguishers, as report Tenerife daily El Dia.
After being expelled, is is alleged they went to another hotel in the upper area of El Duque, where they were not accepted.

El Dia go on to detail that a taxi driver then came to pick them up in a Volkswagen Caddy.
It is reported that when the driver loaded the bags of Till and his entourage, two individuals, including the aforementioned fighter, got into and took control of the vehicle and drove to the area of La Caleta.
Upon their arrival they were intercepted by a patrol of the National Police, the report adds.
The arrests are said to have happened in the early hours of Thursday morning. The other four Brits who were reportedly held have not been named.

--
going by the translation of the original story, looks like Till was just a passenger in the taxi

gak

<Gold Donor>
Just glad it wasn't conor for a change...

c.jpg

• 1Worf

Goatface

damn, Spain moves quick

Darren Till was reportedly fined and ordered to pay reimbursement after a series of alleged incidents last week in Spain.

The UFC welterweight fighter was fined more than 700 euros ($788 USD) in a Spanish court for allegedly “stealing” a taxi and trashing a hotel room with four fellow British tourists, per a report from the Daily Mail.

Till, 26, and his friends were ordered to reimburse the hotel more than 8,500 euros ($9,570 USD) after they allegedly vandalized a room, the report stated. Per the Mail, the five United Kingdom residents appeared in court in Arona, in the south of Tenerife, on Saturday. They were arrested Thursday. Tenerife is the largest of Spain’s Canary Islands.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
wow
Preliminary card (ESPN)
Weight classMethodRoundTimeNotes
Main card (ESPN+)
MiddleweightRonaldo Souzavs.Jack Hermansson
HeavyweightGreg Hardyvs.Dmitrii Smoliakov
WelterweightAlex Oliveiravs.Mike Perry
Light HeavyweightGlover Teixeiravs.Ion Cuțelaba
BantamweightJohn Linekervs.Cory Sandhagen
LightweightRoosevelt Robertsvs.Thomas Gifford
WelterweightBen Saundersvs.Takashi Sato
HeavyweightAndrei Arlovskivs.Augusto Sakai
Women's StrawweightCarla Esparzavs.Virna Jandiroba

they put arlovski on the prelims, shame

Goatface

interesting UFC.com doesn't list NCs
i like andrei, but can not believe he is still in the ufc

his last 6 fights have been decisions, 2-3-1
2 wins in last 10 fights is just sad (last loss was changed to NC)

Goatface

saw reports that he had a 2nd test of 2019 done less than 2 weeks ago
guess with the new rules, if does retire or quit results don't have to be made public

find it funny how salty people are with stipe getting a title shot
think it was a mistake for him to go a year without a fight, but isn't like HW has a stronger contender

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
guess with the new rules, if does retire or quit results don't have to be made public

think it was a mistake for him to go a year without a fight, but isn't like HW has a stronger contender
what? who the fuck is salty that Stipe did the CORRECT move?, he took a balls out chance and got the shot.

Imagine if Holly Holm didn't fuck up and give her $millions away, by taking a stupid fight w/ mischa. If Holly waited a year for Rhonda, imagine what that would have done for not only PPV but also for WMMA? but no, she fucked up cuz she wanted to be active.

Goatface

He has said he would fight Jones at HW,
i really didn't think he would, but after he got paid a ton to fight lewis, think he might now,
but seems like his injuries are adding up

-
I don't think the UFC would had let Holly sit as champ for so long, when no one knew if Rhonda was going to come back
plus Holly went from like 25k/25k, to 100k+ for Rhonda to $500k for Tate
even after going like 2-3, she got resigned for like 6 more fights
UFC loves her, on the other hand, don't think they give a shit about Stipe

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

I doubt he pissed hot, if he did we'll probably hear about something like that. More likely just couldn't justify ruining his body if he can get easy money in the WWE off that body for small appearances for similar money to UFC pay.

He just wasn't going to be able to go that many months without TRT. I called it.

Also overall likely that he 100% intended to piss hot, he injected it the moment he decided UFC wasn't worth it.

This wouldn't be a "Jon Jones accident" situation after so many months in the program. I see it as fully intentional. Being a huge WWE star, nothing made sense about what he was doing, given how strict USADA is to the degree that you can't even get legitimately prescribed medications for legitimate medical conditions.

This was announced just hours after Lesnar informing the UFC that he was not going to be fighting.

He already had a re-up offer from Vince and it was just too good to pass up. The needle passed through the flesh and that was all she wrote.

WWE does not offer co-promotion to the UFC since 2018 forward. Lesnar isn't allowed to even discuss the UFC or mention it under his newer contracts. This is a departure from his older contracts which allowed and authorized co-promotion.

Point being, thats a nailed shut casket. The resigning of his deal, if anything like the 2017-2018 deal, means 100% no UFC allowed.

I guess the question we have to ask (assuming he didn't accidentally piss hot) was did Brock at least give the UFC the opportunity to match the value of his WWE offer and future in the WWE?

Granted, even if the UFC offered him a Conor McGregor deal-- fighting with absolutely no hormones in your body into your mid 40's is very ill-advised, and even dangerous.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I hope Miocic works on his wrestling and is able to stifle DC and starches him. I know he lost the first time via strikes but Stipe is a good striker and also has one of the biggest gas tanks in the division.

I dont think he would win a decision, but I just feel like the Stipe that got knocked out wasnt the real Stipe. He looked terrible that night, and I'm not sure why.

Miocic resume is tremendous, he has knocked out studs and I think he can hurt DC. Cormier does have a great chin though and almost never gets badly hurt never mind stopped, so Stipe would really have to catch him.