MMA Thread

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Tony said was offered a fight, but didn't say who, and turned it down, #title or nothing
Dana said he has to be checked out more before they would offer him a fight

So they are putting a mental health hold on Cucuy now

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Might be ok if it was a Fight Night, but a main UFC PPV card? This is about as bad as it gets.

UFC 237

Women's Straw-weight Rose Namajunas (c) vs. Jéssica Andrade
Middleweight Jared Cannonier vs. Anderson Silva
Featherweight José Aldo vs. Alexander Volkanovski
Welterweight Thiago Alves vs. Laureano Staropoli
Lightweight Francisco Trinaldo vs. Carlos Diego Ferreira

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

few of the fights looks interesting, but i really don't care for Rose at all

--

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah that is a pretty fucking thin card. Especially for a PPV. Yikes
few of the fights looks interesting, but i really don't care for Rose at all

--

I personally preferred her before the boob job. But that is just my personal preference, I don't really care for fake boobs and prefer smaller perkier boobs.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Andrade!!!
giphy.gif

remember that time KK decided to fight like lisa simpson?
tumblr_lqysfrbD5S1qh59n0o2_250.gif

DeadImmaterialFowl-size_restricted.gif

Goatface

Might be ok if it was a Fight Night, but a main UFC PPV card? This is about as bad as it gets.

UFC 237
just realized you left off what could be recording breaking match

Clay Guida (-650) v BJ Penn (+425)

Penn is 1-8-1 in last 10 fights
Penn’s six-fight UFC losing skid is tied with three other fighters for the longest in company history.
Penn’s seven-fight UFC winless skid is the longest in UFC history.

Clay is 5-5-0 in last 10 fights

• 1Worf

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Clay should show up to the weigh-ins in drag, and when people ask him what he's doing, he should say he heard BJ likes to beat women and wanted him to feel like he had a chance

• 1Worf

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
i love the rose story, that prayer showdown with joanna was mint. she's like a murder pixie and this time she's fighting a midget, disney should make a movie out of this shit. also really looking forward to volkanovski, we're getting some really good attention for mma recently in australia.

as for bj and silva, i hope that fighters are getting paid properly now so we don't have to see 40+ year old veterans taking noticeable brain damage for much longer. maybe when the reebok deal dies things will be good, but considering what the UFC has been sold to, expect maximum jew. pareto principle reigns.

Goatface

Trinaldo vs Ferreira off
Ferreira pulled for kidney stones
Bethe Correia vs Irene Aldana moved up to the main card

Correia weighed in at 141, 5 pounds over BW limit (fined 30 percent)

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Today was pretty crazy. The Rose fight goes differently 9 of 10 times IMO, not a mistake you make twice. Andrade was getting picked apart just like Joanna.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think Andrade might be on to something with that dump slam finish. I know it gets harder the higher up in weight you go, but Lawler almost slept Askren by slamming him on his head, and we saw Kevin Randleman basically power bomb a guy to death, and he was at least a LHW.

More grapplers and fighters in general should start just dropping their opponent on their fucking head. I know it's easier said than done, and if it was so easy everyone would be doing it, but you see HIGH level wrestlers and grapplers get a hold of guys and very easily break their balance and secure a takedown.

But for some reason, maybe just from years of training, I dont know, most fighters will just pick an opponent up off of their feet and plant them down in order to gain a dominant ground position.

Some of the best fighters, Kamaru Usman for example, has a high motor pressure style that continuously forces you to keep good posture and defend losing ground/getting taken down. His takedowns look so effortless, he dominated Woodley, if he would have focused on snatching him near the cage in a bent body position, he could of lifted him off his feet and generated enough torque to piledrive him.

Think about how awesome it would be if Khabib just said fuck the ground game bullshit, I'm gonna wrestlefuck this guy but instead of trying for a technically sound, high percentage td that leads to GnP or a sub attempt, im going to try and tombstone this fucker into oblivion instead.

Guys would have signature moves and shit. Like DC could have some sort of lift DDT, or maybe even pull a fucking WWF Raven era even flow DDT on a motherfucker and see where it goes.

If someone pulls it off again maybe we will see our first KO from a stone cold stunner or a rock bottom!

I t

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
and we saw Kevin Randleman basically power bomb a guy to death

.....you mean Fedor? Or did he suplex someone else through the floor?

But for some reason, maybe just from years of training, I dont know, most fighters will just pick an opponent up off of their feet and plant them down in order to gain a dominant ground position.

Honestly, I think you're taught not to in a lot of disciplines. Wrestling and BJJ. Good way to get DQed. There's rules about slams, often they're outright illegal. Or you have to return opponent safely to the ground, let their momentum take them down (can't spear/slam them), or they can't impact shoulders/head first. Same thing with suplexes. Depends on the discipline, and tourney rules of a tournament.

This topic is also guaranteed Internet MMA debate trollbait too, LOL