MMA Thread

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I hope Miocic works on his wrestling and is able to stifle DC and starches him. I know he lost the first time via strikes but Stipe is a good striker and also has one of the biggest gas tanks in the division.

I dont think he would win a decision, but I just feel like the Stipe that got knocked out wasnt the real Stipe. He looked terrible that night, and I'm not sure why.

Miocic resume is tremendous, he has knocked out studs and I think he can hurt DC. Cormier does have a great chin though and almost never gets badly hurt never mind stopped, so Stipe would really have to catch him.
I gotta go with DC in the rematch. I'm not sure anyone can beat him at that weight.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
yup it's end of the MMA superstar retards
I can see why they would turn down Brock. Doesn't necessarily mean they'd turn down Conor. Brock hasn't legitimately won in like 9 years. If they pay him a flat fee, Conor might have more negotiating room. They got plenty to throw at the legit stars I'd imagine.

Goatface

ESPN still pays the UFC their share of 500k buys
so UFC doesn't have to worry about shit PPVs now
ESPN is run by idiots to base avg that included UFC's record years

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Who cares it's better for the fans. ESPN might be idiots for agreeing to that, but they are locked in for the better part of a decade so they are all in.

So, what that means is they are going to be pushing Dana and the UFC to put together the biggest fights possible in order to create maximum fan interest and exceed 500k buys.

If Jones Cormier does like 1.6 million they will encourage more super fights in order to reap that revenue. They aren't going to accept sub par ppv cards from the UFC over and over, they are going to pump money into rising stars and try to make the biggest fights possible.

It's a huge win for fans.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Disney has money to burn.

We know they already said they plan on burning it until 2023, when there will be a "paradigm shift"where all former UFC customers are somehow signed up and using the service.

They know they signed up to lose money.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I really hope Cerrone manages to put it all together and get a title before he has to hang it up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I really hope Cerrone manages to put it all together and get a title before he has to hang it up.
how? he fights in the two most stacked divisions
cd864c10026f3348e1a36d6d9794cc11.png

i'm not saying cowboy would get runover by LW, it's just that top 3 are gonna murder each other to either stay LW champ or go to unify LW. If Cowboy defeats barboza and then gaethje, i'd say thats enough to get him a title shot. is he done w/ WW?

Goatface

he called out for either Conor in July or title shot. the win over Al should move him up to at least 5th
he shouldn't fight barboza

at this point, think Conor will just wait till late this year or early next for a title shot

Dustin is supposedly locked in for title shot in sept, but that will mean Khabib going back on his word about
not fighting until in teammates can or whatever.

Tony said was offered a fight, but didn't say who, and turned it down, #title or nothing
Dana said he has to be checked out more before they would offer him a fight

Gaethje said he either wants Conor or Tony next

my predictions sure to go wrong
Khabib stripped, Dustin - Tony for title, winner vs Khabib/Conor in Dec/Jan
Cowboy vs Gaethje