MMA Thread

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Duh. Discord message:

StarskyToday at 12:20 PM

Hello, we're working as hard as we can to restore MMAStreams. Please bear with us and we'll keep you posted.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Tired of watching Gus fight. Glad Smith just sub'd him. Hope he quits.

Edit - lol he retired, fuck Gus

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'd rather see him retire now, instead of dragging it out over a period of years with more losses than wins.

Smith taking him down just makes me feel like Smith is rising while Gus is falling. And there's no shame in losing to Smith, IMHO. It looks like Smith is improving while Gus...just isn't.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Gus hasn't looked great since his 1st fight with Jones. Good time for him to retire

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Smith and I both live in Omaha, I opened the sports page of the local newspaper today excited to see Smith's face on the cover. Is it there? NOPE. So I dig in deeper, page after page - college ball, little league, etc. No fucking article about the local guy who flys to fucking Sweden and defeats the nations fucking champion and #2 ranked guy in the world. Fuck this newspaper they should be ashamed.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

“So we’re looking at probably six months best case because by then I’ll have to get back into shape and get a camp going. So best case, probably six months.”

Goatface

he was still throw lefts in rounds 3/4 when did it break? or he just soldier'd through that? holy shit.

While he initially thought the broken hand happened in the first round, Smith realized watching the fight back that it was actually a punch that landed to the top of Gustafsson’s head in the second that caused the injury.

Perhaps even more disturbing is that Smith not only figured out when he broke his hand but he actually heard the injury happen thanks to the audio from the broadcast.

“Paul Felder actually said something about it on the broadcast. I landed a nasty, nasty left hook and Alex ducked his head and he took it right on top of his forehead. That’s where you want to take it if you’re going to take one,” Smith said.

“If you get a chance, go back to that moment and listen to it. You can hear the bone break. It’s loud. It’s really loud. You can hear it. That’s when Felder said ‘I hope Anthony didn’t hurt his hand’ and unfortunately that’s when it happened. I knew right away that it was broken.”

couldn't find a clip yet

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Goatface

win or loose, is flyweight gone?
down to 12 ranked fighters now

betonline has Val at -1600

hate that i like Tony and Cowboy
think like to see Cowboy get a title shot, but don't think he matches up well with Tony
then again Tony could be rusty
thought it was funny, 2.5 years, Tony has 2 fights, Cowboy 8

=
also looks like espn isn't playing with /mma
current top post about instant dmca for clips during fights
/mma will probably have to ban fight clips altogether
don't know if reddit would nuke a 750k sub or not

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
win or loose, is flyweight gone?
down to 12 ranked fighters now

betonline has Val at -1600

hate that i like Tony and Cowboy
think like to see Cowboy get a title shot, but don't think he matches up well with Tony
then again Tony could be rusty
thought it was funny, 2.5 years, Tony has 2 fights, Cowboy 8

=
also looks like espn isn't playing with /mma
current top post about instant dmca for clips during fights
/mma will probably have to ban fight clips altogether
don't know if reddit would nuke a 750k sub or not
Thats still 11 more fighters than fucking cyborgs 145

I'm mad cowboy v tony isn't a 5 rounder, but then they might just fucking xplode.

eddie was hyping up tonys ground game but he also said they all respect cowboys ground game

if ESPN wants /mma nuked, it'll get nuked, reddit won't deal w/ controversies, and not only that DMCA is actionable.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
jfc, ufc is promo'in the fuck out of tatiana
6839a12376b054dbffc1c700c6b483a9.png