MMA Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Lanx Lanx

first chinese ufc champion

6e000c70-cbef-11e9-bff9-0ccf12598d1a

god dammit,

Now China def won't stop w/ HongKong, they're gonna get steam rolled

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
so a lot of bs going on, on how a 6th ranked zhang got a title shot

basically hottie doesn't want to travel outside USA, JJ also said she "didn't know who zhang was" and didn't want to fight her, so they gave Zhang a title fight against Andrade
(while hottie and JJ fight it out for a title fight)

everyone is pumping up Zhangs performances in China, b/c her two decison wins were in USA, and her trainer (the tiny guy getting super kicked in the previous gifs) couldn't get a VISA to travel to USA, so she's had unknown American sub coaches.
(her two UFC finishes were in China) she has like a 90% finish rate.

Dana said next defense for Zhang will be outside of China.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Fedor Fedor

Man don’t spoil that shit for those that did not get up at 3am to watch it...
Not to be a dick, but maybe don't click on the MMA thread where we discuss MMA fights, if you haven't watched the fights yet.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
so a lot of bs going on, on how a 6th ranked zhang got a title shot

basically hottie doesn't want to travel outside USA, JJ also said she "didn't know who zhang was" and didn't want to fight her, so they gave Zhang a title fight against Andrade
(while hottie and JJ fight it out for a title fight)

everyone is pumping up Zhangs performances in China, b/c her two decison wins were in USA, and her trainer (the tiny guy getting super kicked in the previous gifs) couldn't get a VISA to travel to USA, so she's had unknown American sub coaches.
(her two UFC finishes were in China) she has like a 90% finish rate.

Dana said next defense for Zhang will be outside of China.
Fuck the haters.

People should know by now that when Dana calls you about a fight, he doesn't want to fucking split hairs with you unless he can't avoid it. He has events to sell and he needs people who are willing to fight. How many times have we seen a fighter say they'll fight anyone, anywhere, and Dana is standing there looking like he's having an orgasm?

...or you can hem and haw and annoy Dana and either end up with a side-fight, or find yourself w/o a new contract eventually.

I guarantee that Dana first tried asking a few fighters who weren't locked into fights already, they all balked like Hottie did, and Dana just /shrugged and threw Andrade in the mix. Either Andrade couldn't refuse because she needs to defend the belt, or she didn't think Zhang was gonna Zulu her. Hell, she probably thought this was going to be a relatively safe fight. Probably the only reason this ended up a title fight is because no one else who is ranked was available, and willing.

But if Andrade had mauled Zhang, the same people who are whining and crying now would be complaining about how Dana threw a 'can' to Andrade to build her up, even though Zhang is no can.

That Twitter account has to be a troll account, right? Because that entire 'promotionally negligent' bit is so hilariously stupid that it's hard to believe that its real. There's no way Dana is going to keep her fights all in China, LOL. Maybe she'll fight a couple of times elsewhere, then if she still has the belt (LOL) then she'll get another event in China.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Either Andrade couldn't refuse because she needs to defend the belt, or she didn't think Zhang was gonna Zulu her. Hell, she probably thought this was going to be a relatively safe fight. Probably the only reason this ended up a title fight is because no one else who is ranked was available, and willing.
Andrade wasn't making friends by saying shes looking forward to a champ v. champ fight vs. Valentina after this fight in pre interviews.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

Either Andrade couldn't refuse because she needs to defend the belt, or she didn't think Zhang was gonna Zulu her.
certainly seems like ufc is pushing for quicker turn around on fighters. think it was like 5 champs could have 3 fights this year
i was always thought champ should fight at least every 6 months unless they took almost 0 damage, 3 a year might be a bit much.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Some guys take fights on incredibly short notice and not only that are willing to book fights not long after a win. Cerrone comes to mind.

2 a year for a champ is "active" IMO. Not great but not unreasonable. 3 is basically the limit I would think, so there isnt a ton of wiggle room.

If you only defend title once a year it doesnt leave many opportunities for the next guy up and it also slows down the development of star talent.

Injuries influence this the most IMO.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
this entire UFC besides main/co-main is garbage

Early Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
Preliminary Card (FX)
LightweightKhabib Nurmagomedov (c)vs.Dustin Poirier (ic)
LightweightEdson Barbozavs.Paul Felder
LightweightIslam Makhachevvs.Davi Ramos
HeavyweightCurtis Blaydesvs.Shamil Abdurakhimov
LightweightMairbek Taisumovvs.Carlos Diego Ferreira
Women's FlyweightJoanne Calderwoodvs.Andrea Lee
FeatherweightZubaira Tukhugovvs.Lerone Murphy
Women's BantamweightLiana Jojuavs.Sarah Moras
LightweightOttman Azaitarvs.Teemu Packalén
WelterweightBelal Muhammadvs.Takashi Sato
WelterweightNordine Talebvs.Muslim Salikhov
MiddleweightOmari Akhmedovvs.Zak Cummings
LightweightDon Madgevs.Fares Ziam

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm in Joe Rogan's camp but I guess we are the only two people that think we saw Khabib get rocked by Michael Johnson's fists early in that fight. I would love to see Poirier win this, get another shot at McGregor and win that one too.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I'm in Joe Rogan's camp but I guess we are the only two people that think we saw Khabib get rocked by Michael Johnson's fists early in that fight. I would love to see Poirier win this, get another shot at McGregor and win that one too.
here?

i don't see it.