MMA Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lol Geathje is a savage.

Porier handled him, and was just vanquished by Khabib. Khabib is just so much better than everyone else. Conor shouldn't get a rematch, he is living off past accomplishments.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
dude is the younger, Irish version of BJ. They're both out swinging on people in bars

I just hope he retires before he has a losing streak like BJs

Conor needs to go back and wreck 1-2 people before I will want to see him in any large fight.

And I don't think I'll ever want to see him fight Khabib again. I don't ever see him winning that one.

Also, Dillon is a fucking retard

Jozu

I think we can turn the corner on Khabibs resume. He has now beaten, Conor, Porier, Barboza, Iaquinta and Dos Anjos. Cant really hate on the strength of his opponents now.

If he beats Tony it will be beyond reproach.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Khabib is the modern version of the 1990's Gracies. If you have superior grappling and you can impose it without exposing less-developed parts of your game, that is a categorically dominant approach to fighting. There is no response to being physically restrained by your opponent.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
UFC Fight Night 159: Rodriguez vs. Stephens

WTF???

ok, yea i know, just BAD ANGLES??? right

Angela WATCH OUT!!!

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

doubt it would happen that soon, figured it would be in like March/April

wonder who he would fight, no way stipe fights again this year

beat Rockhold and lose to Santos = title shot lol
supposedly Gus want to return and fight Rockhold /sad

even more sad

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, no shit. How many retirement fights has Fedor had now?

I'm gonna go cry into my Last Emperor Anime GOAT pillow now

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Preliminary Card (ESPN+)
LightweightDonald Cerronevs.Justin Gaethje
Light HeavyweightGlover Teixeiravs.Nikita Krylov
HeavyweightTodd Duffeevs.Jeff Hughes
WelterweightMichel Pereiravs.TBD
MiddleweightUriah Hallvs.Antônio Carlos Júnior
Light HeavyweightMisha Cirkunovvs.Jimmy Crute
HeavyweightMarcin Tyburavs.Augusto Sakai
BantamweightCole Smithvs.Miles Johns
MiddleweightAndrew Sanchezvs.Marvin Vettori
BantamweightBrad Katonavs.Hunter Azure
FeatherweightChas Skellyvs.Jordan Griffin
BantamweightLouis Smolkavs.Ryan McDonald
FeatherweightKyle Prepolecvs.Austin Hubbard

We know this fight is garbage were it not for cowboy

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Todd Duffee wow that name is a blast from the past. Had some exciting finishes and then he disappeared forever, supposedly health related stuff.

• 1Solidarity

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Todd Duffee vs Mike Russow is an all time 'wtf' fight. The baby hammer-fist at the end, lol.

i6f48l.gif

• 1Worf

Goatface

Todd Duffee wow that name is a blast from the past. Had some exciting finishes and then he disappeared forever, supposedly health related stuff.
remember reading about it, he tore ACL in camp, after having surgery, found out needed surgery on other knee too
while recovering got a MRSA infection

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Preliminary Card (ESPN+)
LightweightDonald Cerronevs.Justin Gaethje
Light HeavyweightGlover Teixeiravs.Nikita Krylov
HeavyweightTodd Duffeevs.Jeff Hughes
WelterweightMichel Pereiravs.TBD
MiddleweightUriah Hallvs.Antônio Carlos Júnior
Light HeavyweightMisha Cirkunovvs.Jimmy Crute
HeavyweightMarcin Tyburavs.Augusto Sakai
BantamweightCole Smithvs.Miles Johns
MiddleweightAndrew Sanchezvs.Marvin Vettori
BantamweightBrad Katonavs.Hunter Azure
FeatherweightChas Skellyvs.Jordan Griffin
BantamweightLouis Smolkavs.Ryan McDonald
FeatherweightKyle Prepolecvs.Austin Hubbard

We know this fight is garbage were it not for cowboy
I think this card is pretty good,

Fedor

<Banned>

“It’s 2019, do we really still need scantily-clad women to wander around the middle of a fighting ring between rounds?” Lord Mayor of Melbourne Sally Capp asked Herald Sun. “Grid girls are no longer part of Formula One, walk-on girls are no longer part of professional darts — surely it’s time to move on.”

b76f4d24149fb57674881ff9f86c4bc6

• 2Barf
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 2 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why is the old crusty bag trying to take jobs from women? They are getting paid. They are getting famous. They want to do it.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
It's not like there aren't dudes in spandex shorts out there for 90% of the event. Let's get some gender equality, shall we? Give the girls more time.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
she's just a self-righteous cunt, melbourne is full of them. they deserve all the terrorist attacks and gang rampages they get.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Jozu

Masvidal made a great point in his latest interview, and it helps illustrate Dana's approval of this whole Baddest Motherfucker Belt thing.

He talked about why he was more interested in the Diaz fight, compared to a title fight against Usman. His reasoning was, he would rather take fights that are entertaining for the fans. He talked about how Usman (and Askren/Khabib) are "point fighters". They try to win by accumulating points and sticking to their strengths, not taking any chances or considering the fans.

He on the other hand, wants to put on exciting fights, knockouts, finishes, a true "show" for the fans. Dana subscribed to this, as he is all for the BMF angle. No one wants exciting fights more than Dana White. Epic slugfests/back and forth exchanges are what sells tickets, and that is what drives UFC profit.

Yea title fights and the ranking system are important, but at the end of the day entertainment is king. Guys like Usman and Khabib do not provide entertainment.

• 1Brony