MMA Thread

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
It must really piss off all th e JJ has beaten to know he is such a fuck up but still beats them. Salt meet wound.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Who gives a fuck. I want my fighters to be fighters. I don't give a shit what they do outside the cage. There isn't a contact they sign saying they will be the best role models for kids with shit parents. Worry about the shit parents and not some dude paid to beat the fuck up out of other men.

Strip him for what? He didn't test positive for more drugs or juicing. If he can't defend his title then strip him.
while i have the same sentiment... however he's not a fighter, he's the champ and the UFC and they actually do have to follow and abide by the athletic code in and out of the octagon

and he's just a repeat fuck up, you'd hope he'd learn... but he doesn't

but in fact i hope they do strip him

strip him and give him a HW title shot, thats like the best of both worlds for everyone.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Have some sympathy for the guy, he was used to partying like Jim Morrison up until two weeks ago. Living that kind of life style and then being forced to quit cold turkey is going to have a serious mental effect.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Saw this video as a suggested watch after the Jon Jones arrest video. Almost forgot about this guy. He got fat as fuck though.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Have some sympathy for the guy, he was used to partying like Jim Morrison up until two weeks ago. Living that kind of life style and then being forced to quit cold turkey is going to have a serious mental effect.

Enough of an effect to lick shots at the strip club that isn't open, for sure.

The angst of quarantine is hitting women hard and men. A lot of people here are older and might be out of touch with whats an expected quality of life.

Goatface

a lot of courts are on hold atm, he is due back in court on April 8. all the charges could be misdemeanors, so could be pushed to the back of the line. speedy trial in NM is 6 months. while don't think Covid19 will be a major factor in 6 months, they will probably be trying to make as many deals as possible to make up for current delays and stuff. don't know if true, but read NM has lax DUI laws and media been running stories that one of the officers had been accused of racial profiling 3 times.
i now think at most he will do is noon to noon if anything.

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
As much time as Jones must have spent with lawyers by now, you'd think he would know the proper way to respond to police:

"Sir, have you been drinking?"
"I have nothing to say until my attorney is present."

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
As much time as Jones must have spent with lawyers by now, you'd think he would know the proper way to respond to police:

"Sir, have you been drinking?"
"I have nothing to say until my attorney is present."

You know that literally makes zero difference right?

Police have the right to conduct field sobriety tests. If you refuse, you're arrested for DUI just the same, and they conduct a blood test at the jail.

Silence is not an option at that point.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Negligent use of a deadly weapon is only a misdemeanor, the aggravated DWI charge is complicated. I think it technically counts as a first offense since his other DWI conviction was in a different state, so unless he gets a hanging judge he'll probably get barely a slap on the wrist.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
You know that literally makes zero difference right?

Police have the right to conduct field sobriety tests. If you refuse, you're arrested for DUI just the same, and they conduct a blood test at the jail.

Silence is not an option at that point.

Silence is always an option, and speaking can only incriminate yourself. You're right that Jones was totally boned in this situation, but contributing against your own case is always stupid.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I don't know about New Mexico but in Oregon if you refuse it is an automatic loss of your license for a year