MMA Thread

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Silence is always an option, and speaking can only incriminate yourself. You're right that Jones was totally boned in this situation, but contributing against your own case is always stupid.

Refusing a breathalyzer always results in the worst possible outcome.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Most of us already know that, but who the hell has the presence of mind to remember that kind of shit when they're hammered enough to blow a legit aggravated DWI?

Well yeah, most people smart enough to follow that advice aren't out committing DWIs, either. Or at least not three times or whatever this is for Jones.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Negligent use of a deadly weapon is only a misdemeanor, the aggravated DWI charge is complicated. I think it technically counts as a first offense since his other DWI conviction was in a different state, so unless he gets a hanging judge he'll probably get barely a slap on the wrist.
well they just "found" a gun, doesn't mean it was the gun fired to make the noise

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
well they just "found" a gun, doesn't mean it was the gun fired to make the noise

I’ve read that is was a .40 Glock. I also read it was a .22 Glock. Not sure what to believe there. But the arresting officer said he found a bullet casing on the ground outside of Jones vehicle that matched the caliber of gun found in his vehicle. But yes, it also means that the gun was collected for evidence to be tested of recently being fired. Let’s keep playing armchair detective here.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I’ve read that is was a .40 Glock. I also read it was a .22 Glock. Not sure what to believe there. But the arresting officer said he found a bullet casing on the ground outside of Jones vehicle that matched the caliber of gun found in his vehicle. But yes, it also means that the gun was collected for evidence to be tested of recently being fired. Let’s keep playing armchair detective here.
well everyone is saying it's a.22 cuz theyre making fun of a big guy using a bb gun

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Refusing a breathalyzer always results in the worst possible outcome.

I've been asked if I'd take a breathalyzer even without suspicion that I've been drinking. It was 9 PM and I was headed to a college to drink and I already told him where I was coming from, and I was stopped alone on a back road headed to the highway. Nobody would drink by 9 PM, and to support that was his angle, he conducted a total of 0 field sobriety tests. No light in eye or light taken out. Just straight up asked a series of questions at the window, and pressed a breathalyzer threat off the break. I of course said sure.

The only reason he asked about the breathalyzer was to escalate, like you said, worst possible outcome. They're hoping FoH denizens say no.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

The bullet casing was found inside the car, was my understanding. Which makes it utterly meaningless unless he admits to something.

Provide a source that says the shell was outside the car?

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
The bullet casing was found inside the car, was my understanding. Which makes it utterly meaningless unless he admits to something.

Provide a source that says the shell was outside the car?

Source is the officer's report in Goatface's spoiler.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I didn't see "on the ground" used in the report.

I'd like to see a quote on it. As I already read the journalist coverage which had the report in it, "on the ground" wasn't language used.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Police have the right to conduct field sobriety tests. If you refuse, you're arrested for DUI just the same, and they conduct a blood test at the jail.

I'm not refusing, lets do a blood test. But I want my lawyer present when you draw the blood. No idea if that still works today, but it did when I was in college.

well everyone is saying it's a.22 cuz theyre making fun of a big guy using a bb gun

It's because glock is real retarded. A glock model 22 shoots .40 S&W. I don't think I've ever heard a rationale for how they name their models. They jump all over the place. It's not in order of introduction and has nothing to do with caliber.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm fine with that, fuck having them in an empty arena like it's some lame ass TUF fight

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hilarious how many people think, amidst all the chaos and shutdowns of a global pandemic, that Khabib is intentionally trying to duck the fight.

Goatface

think they should let Tony halo jump into Russia

they gonna make tony interim champ again?

that would be some number one bullshit :)
so looks like replacement could be Gaethje or Poirier. Cowboy has offered to fight anyone it looks like.

they should just called it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user