MMA Thread

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm no Khabib fan, but you have to be brain dead to think he is ducking this fight. The world is turned upside down. Dana can't find a fight location.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't believe Khabib is ducking. That's just dumb to say. I bet they are the same people that said Fedor was ducking Mirko back in the day.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Even if Tony was better than him (which he's not) Khabib is too fucking dumb to want to duck a fighter in the first place.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
the UFC catching no heat for not having a location is bizarre. UAE must have turned them down.

Goatface

1585954350111.png

so Fight Night San Diego will have to be moved, which i guess isn't a surprise

=

1586022898021.png

Goatface

Trump also said he hopes to have fans back in stadiums and arenas by August and September, sources said, though it is currently unclear if medical experts find that to be a realistic timeline amid the current coronavirus pandemic.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dana is high as a kite if he thinks any commission in the country will be sanctioning fights before like June or July at the soonest.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Dana is high as a kite if he thinks any commission in the country will be sanctioning fights before like June or July at the soonest.

Right, and the amount of heat they would catch if they dare go back to the Indian reservation days would be scorching hot. From both regulators, and from media masses criticizing the UFC for flouting regulations and bans. It sounds high on crack for sure but jives with Dana's "DO IT" attitude. The sport still isn't held to NFL standards of responsibility, so maybe there is actually a chance he's going to pull the Indian reservations out.

The reservation days are literally when the sport wasn't even a "sport". It's unconscionable. So I don't understand why UFC keeps saying "USA, USA, USA" when fighters ask where to come and where to fight.

USA what?! For who, for where?

Goatface

Right, and the amount of heat they would catch if they dare go back to the Indian reservation days would be scorching hot. From both regulators, and from media masses criticizing the UFC for flouting regulations and bans.

don't think ESPN will say a bad word about it, they would probably even muzzle sa smith.

all events have all ready been on hold from march, wonder if this statement due Dana looking for a workaround.
1586193246862.png

surprising how tight lipped everyone has been so far. apparently only info to come out so far, is probably going to be on the west coast

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Dana only see's dollar signs, not sure ESPN can afford that type of coverage without taking some hits along the way. They already hide 90% of MMA content behind a paywall.